Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    #3. Especially with Armageddons Blade.
    For III, I love shadow of death, love the hero Sandro~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post

and with the pleasure of exploring available tactics, equipment & skill composition, right?
    It depends how we played. I remember days when we played some MTG or other board game on the floor and meanwhile play turns on PC in HOMM. Its been a while when you get your turn when is 6 players :P

10+ Year Old Account
    my main issues with 3 were
    1. campaign was a bit too hard. fucking ai casting implosion.
    2. the ai would relentlessly spam blind,dispel and forgetfulness unless you went in the map editor and disabled those spells. this is frustrating because you would have to go into ALMOST EVERY SINGLE MAP AND DISABLE THESE SPELLS.
    3. certain situations the ai could be able to get it's stats way up to the point where it's pretty much untouchable because your dealing with other factions.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2019-06-05 at 09:49 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

HoMM 3 with Horn of the Abyss is the best game up to date.

I've only played Heroes 1 through to 5. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 will always be my favourite. I spent a lot of time playing 3 Armageddon's Blade hot seat with a bunch of mates.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

V is my favorite.
    Do you hear the voices too?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    V is my favorite.
    Same as me, haha~

Well, a player's mod! Where can I purchase it? Just in Steam store?
    You can get it here: -clicky- if you love the game i think you're going to enjoy the xpac, but in any case i suggest reading about it first, just to get an idea about what its about ^^
    I like my coffe like my mages.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    You can get it here: -clicky- if you love the game i think you're going to enjoy the xpac, but in any case i suggest reading about it first, just to get an idea about what its about ^^
    wow, that seems amazing with new races(cities), I might called it pirate town, haha~

HoMM 3 is definitely the best. HotA is also great. Loads of balance and QoL fixes.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    HoMM 3 is definitely the best. HotA is also great. Loads of balance and QoL fixes.
    Yep, that's true~

I've personally played HoMM2-5, though 4 barely.

I hated the 4th myself, the graphics and everything just looked so off-putting to me. I don't mind pixelated stuff (HoMM2 and 3 were great!), but something about the style in fourth was just urghhh. Also I didn't like the idea of monsters moving on their own without heroes, and the town system was even weirder.

I think my favourite might be HoMM5, because of the graphics, 3D aspects in fights, 3D towns, and while I haven't played the expansions, the third upgrade for units sounded great! My favourite town is Sylvan, which as an elf-lover in most games, just ticked all the boxes for me. HoMM3's Rampart didn't even compare, nor did the Swamp guys.

I also have a soft spot for HoMM2, as it was my first HoMM game, and I loved some of the units. But HoMM3 was just a lot better than the second, so HoMM5 is closely followed by HoMM3 for me. All three games had many many hours poured into them.

Except the fourth, fuck the fourth. I didn't even like the soundtrack as much as others did.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I've personally played HoMM2-5, though 4 barely.

I hated the 4th myself, the graphics and everything just looked so off-putting to me. I don't mind pixelated stuff (HoMM2 and 3 were great!), but something about the style in fourth was just urghhh. Also I didn't like the idea of monsters moving on their own without heroes, and the town system was even weirder.

I think my favourite might be HoMM5, because of the graphics, 3D aspects in fights, 3D towns, and while I haven't played the expansions, the third upgrade for units sounded great! My favourite town is Sylvan, which as an elf-lover in most games, just ticked all the boxes for me. HoMM3's Rampart didn't even compare, nor did the Swamp guys.

I also have a soft spot for HoMM2, as it was my first HoMM game, and I loved some of the units. But HoMM3 was just a lot better than the second, so HoMM5 is closely followed by HoMM3 for me. All three games had many many hours poured into them.

Except the fourth, fuck the fourth. I didn't even like the soundtrack as much as others did.
    I have the same reason with you to love the 5th, while I love the Necropolis due to some cool designs of its higher rank units, such as Wight-Wraith-Banshee family, Lich Family and Spectral Dragon Family. Then, the dark energy system, which refill every week, allow you to raise undeads according to tiers of living creatures killed. Though crispy, the high recurit volume+ dark energy system+appropriate tactics will made the race unstoppable.

10+ Year Old Account
    II was my jam. I love the music. The random map generator is, in my opinion, one of the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    II was my jam. I love the music. The random map generator is, in my opinion, one of the best.
    and you might be able to use map editor to edit what you like in this series~

Love III and IV, but III is my favorite.

For III, I love shadow of death, love the hero Sandro~
    yeah, sandro and the turban genie guy
    btw 3 has a great soundtrack

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Love III and IV, but III is my favorite.
    After all, III have most expansions and beautiful hand-draw style map UI.

I loved 5th one but one of the expansions kinda killed Undead with the summoning limitation for me :<. I really loved how with every fight your army actually increased in numbers.
    But the alternative upgrade was really nice also new races.
    I for one couldn't get through that fucking campaign mission for Inferno where you had to take over that elvish town and you were just running in circles trying to catch that son of a bitch