Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    no duh, things like this only work to entrench views and deepen hatreds. the majority of humans take there views being attacked or being punished for those views as vindication for holding them.

theres been a lot of study's done on that phenomena, ironically a lot of them from Harvard.
    Dont take him seriously. He was completely fine with that racist NY Times "journalist" posting her racist tweets about how much she hates whites. Its just typical hypocrisy

Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    It's funny, I see a group of people consistently call Skroe a warmonger, but I don't think I've ever seen him actually call for war. What war does he want exactly?
    (A lot. He says things like "This is our planet, you just live here." meaning the US and a lot of other stuff.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well speaking selfishly I am pretty content I am not on social media.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Who is drawing any kind of conclusions? I certainly did not. I'm just talking about my own experience.
    You claimed that your choices had led you do your situation in life and this is at best, only partially true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Left-wing antisemitism?
    Is overblown lol

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    You claimed that your choices had led you do your situation in life and this is at best, only partially true.
    It's pretty damn true. The decisions people make to lead them to where they end up. We can try to blame externalities and outliers, but by far the biggest impact on a person's life, is the choices he or she makes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/1140665296870526976

What mark said, lefties just showing their commie trash roots , cheering for people being punished for wrong-think, or jokes, or things they said several years in the past.
    lol imagine thinking anything about Harvard is communist. That place birthed so many ghouls that i'm surprised anybody still likes it.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-06-18 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Iran, China, Russia.

The usual suspects of the neocon enemies list basically. Anyone who threatens, or is perceived to threaten, Americas global dominance.
    Read this for crying out loud. You're embarrassing yourself.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51298758
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51145277

Bonus round:

Yes. War should always be the first option, so long as other people do the dying.

Exactly how man Muslim world-centered Wars of Choice does the US have to lose within the span of two decades before you people raise the the threshold of military conflict a bit higher than say "Have hammer, looking for a nail".

With the threat from China (in particular) and Russia increasing and the US entering a new era of great power competition, war with Iran would be the single stupidest and most self defeating thing the country could do. By far.

And yes, it would be a war of choice, because Iran has no interest in nuking the US or US allies.
    (1) I'm not a military hawk. That's a misunderstanding. It's one of the reasons I stopped doing military threads entirely. Explaining the hows and whys (to put my point into proper context so readers were informed and could understand) was taken as explaining I approved.

I was, for example, opposed to going into Syria in 2013. I wanted us focus on Russia and China. I only came around to Syria, reluctantly, because Obama was an epic idiot and put American credibility on the line with his Red Line comment. Something we still haven't recovered from (and Trump made worse).

I'm generally speaking a non-interventionist and want the US focused on "top level", fate of the world, global security issues. China. Russia. Control of continents and oceans and space. We should be the bulwark of the free world, the center of multilateral defense of the free, against the un-free. No more Iraqs. No more Libya's. No more Afghanistans. Our Army should be built to break the back of the Chinese and Russian militaries, not occupying cities. The stupidest thing the US could do is go to war against Iran. Under no circumstance will I ever support something so insane. If the US wars against Iran ever, you can put a fork in us being a superpower.

And yet, I get called a neocon. How funny is that? I'm for no war against Iran, ever, under any circumstance... and yet I'm a Neocon. A warmonger. It's hilarious.

Terrorism is the responsibility for law enforce and intelligence agencies. And Americans need to really meditate on how our 18 year drone war has changed perceptions of us around the world for the worse. America has become associated with the drone strike, and that's a horrifying thing.

The United States should not be eager, but not be shy about it's might. Chinese island building never should have been tolerated. Russian incursions into Ukraine never should have been tolerated. Does this mean war against either on those grounds? Certainly not. But more offensive and costly actions than the highly incremental approaches we took were warranted. And broad based coalition building to further isolate them was necessary.

I'd appreciate if you can fax me your apology.

Yeah the reason they want wars all the time isn't some kind of crazy self-destructive plot. They simply want to maintain their privileged lifestyle by sacrificing people who aren't as wealthy as them, and they will destroy anyone or anything that they believe gets in the way of that. They want to wake up, grab their newest model of Iphone, grab some starbucks, spend the day at work "toiling away" and then come home, probably order some sushi, then enjoy all of the luxuries that society has provided for them while telling themselves the person delivering their food just "didn't work hard enough" or "constantly made mistakes"

Of course this is for the "average" wealthy neocon, for the rest of the neocons it's subservience to corporate masters in addition to what I just laid out.
    same old shit from the middle and upper class, not much has changed in there attitudes in the last 100 years, even though a lot of them talk about being left wing nowadays's there suspiciously absent when it comes time to pay the piper, but i guess its easier to tweet outrage from the latest iphone when daddy doesn't have to pay minimum wages to his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    And yet I did at no point generalize for all people.

10+ Year Old Account
    same old shit from the middle and upper class, not much has changed in there attitudes in the last 100 years, even though a lot of them talk about being left wing nowadays's there suspiciously absent when it comes time to pay the piper, but i guess its easier to tweet outrage from the latest iphone when daddy doesn't have to pay minimum wages to his staff.
    By voting for Sanders who would (try to) change all that?

This isn't backed up by any science or data.

But if you feel that is true, it must be!
    When I was poor and broke, it was a result of my own decisions and financial choices. I wasn't broke, because someone else was forcing me to buy shit I couldn't afford. When I was in the military, nobody else forced me to sign up. Nobody forced me to move across the country, or change career paths. My bank account didn't grow, because some good fairy was magically putting money in there.

This is the same mentality that leads to people blaming others, because their lost their home due to foreclosure. They didn't repossess your car, because they are evil, they did it, because you are not paying your fucking bills. The kids who were losers in high school and not long after... were losers as a result of their own fucking actions. Many of them are still losers twenty years later, and not because the government or capitalism are mean to them... because they never stopped being losers. Planning for contingencies and unexpected impacts is key to being successful. Sadly, most people never figure that out.

Choosing to not think ahead is a decision. Choosing to not plan for unexpected impacts to your life is a decision. Choosing to not save money is a decision. Choosing to say racist shit to others is a decision.

As for my "feelings," I'm fine with you thinking as such. Most of the money I've made in the past 15 years is a result of me betting against people like you making the wrong choices in their own lives. My feelings have led to a comfortable life for me and my family. So, please keep blaming others for how life ends up, and I will continue to capitalize on those "feelings."
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-06-18 at 12:58 PM.

And right again.

Another point goes to Boomzy.

I should add that support for Israel varies from "They are a strategic asset and powerful military force in the region" to "We are Religious and we literally want to bring Jesus back and trigger the rapture."

That's the opposition to Iran.
    The only thing you've done is managed to define down "warmongering" to mean basically nothing.

If you don't think the US should be doing top-level deterrence, I don't know what to tell you. That's crazy. We're the world's largest economy and foremost political, cultural, technological and military power. We're not Switzerland. We'll never be Switzerland.

Maybe one day they'll build a time machine so you can go back to the Ice Age, where there werent, generally speaking, enough human beings to regularly bother one and other.

And look at my above posts. You can't even get me right on Iran, rofl.

Maybe you should have attended a New England prep school. Might have learned a thing or two. Like nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Dont take him seriously. He was completely fine with that racist NY Times "journalist" posting her racist tweets about how much she hates whites. Its just typical hypocrisy
    he comes across as a bit of a political gillie wet foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    By voting for Sanders who would (try to) change all that?
    they didn't, Hillary won the primary's. like i said they always fail to pay the piper in the end, same old middle class, extending a hand to help you up but forgetting to take the boot of your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    they didn't, Hillary won the primary's. like i said they always fail to pay the piper in the end, same old middle class, extending a hand to help you up but forgetting to take the boot of your head.
    Oh my bad, though you where talking about the left wing.

The saddest part is you don't understand how damning that is.

Your entire post is repeatedly saying you want global and apparently space control in the hands of the US empire, battling against the Russians and the Chinese for control of lets face it: The fate of humanity

And you want me to apologize for calling you a warmonger and a neocon?
    I mean, again, you've managed to define down both terms to sheer meaningless.

you do realize that actual "neocon", aka "neoconservative" beliefs say nothing about Russia and China right? It's been about the Middle East and just the Middle East, namely Iraq and Iran, and protecting Israel. And in the extended version, going against militant Islam.

Do you k now why this is?

Because when Neoconservative political philosophy was emerging in its present form in the 1990s and early 2000s, Russia was a broken, decayed husk with a drunk as a President, and China was a dirt poor, backwards country. They didn't say anything about Russia and China because they didn't consider them important enough.

What am I saying. Of course you didn't know this. You're using 'neocon' as a slur to mask your foreign policy ignorance. Boy, that hasn't been done every hour of the day, somewhere on the internet, since 2003 or anything. /s

For the record my foreign policy is not Neocon. If you're looking for an analog, it's probably pretty close to JFK. Seriously. Do you know why I advocate a high tech, high impact deterrence posture? So we can focus the bulk of our significant, but finite resources on addressing the neds of our citizens at home. You know. Exactly like JFK. I'd rather us spend money on schools and healthcare then bombers. But we need bombers too, and I we should have the best ones in the world.

If you don't accept the need to deter Russia and China and instead want to cede the world to them... well... that's a "you" thing. It's (A) not going to happen so you'll have to come to terms with that and (B) incredibly foolish and self defeating for anyone who has read 20th century history even in passing. But wanting to keep a lid on our adversaries is not war mongering. It's basic security.

I know some strains of Americans want to go back to how things were in 1787, when we could just patrol our shores with a few frigates and have no real Army, and call it "defense", but that's a fantasy.

Yes, we know. "Peace through Strength"

You are literally just using neocon talking points.
    "Peace through Strength" is not neocon. You need to stop using the word. You don't know what it is. Neocon for you is basically be defined as anything you disagree with.

Was FDR a neocon? Because he was the one that coined the phrase "Arsenal of Democracy" a year BEFORE Pearl Harbor. Why? Deterrence.

Sorry my family couldn't afford private school. I am sorry I wasn't born as wealthy as you were. I can really see how thats my fault.
    Yeah... here's me not giving a shit about the poor.

I'll say it again. The MAGA crowd would have a lot more moral authority on the issue if they expressed once how to get the poor into the upwardly mobile workforce and the homeless into homes. All of them. They would at least be able to credibly claim "we're not keeping up as is".

But the fact is, they don't care. And they never have. And they never will. Donald Trump talks about re-opening the Vacuum cleaner plant at some burnt out post-industrial hovel who has seen its young population flee to the cities in the past 20 years (and its current population becoming opioid addicts). But re-opening the vacuum cleaner plant isn't a solution.

I would happily pay. Because it is the right thing to do. You should be ashamed of yourself and your lack of basic humanity.

I mean you can justify it all you want. Nobody cares. You just look like a rather awful person with that statement that you made. The homeless can be mentally ill or suffer from severe depression and anxiety. Those are psychological disorders. Drug addiction is a medical condition. They deserve help. They can be saved. All of them.

What you are choosing to do is say that society should not collectively allocate resources to save them, because your fucking PlayStation 4 game collection needs another entry.

That. Is. Sick.

Very. Very. Sick.

We can debate until the cows come home on the primary means of financing or structuring such care. Perfectly valid policy debate. Balancing priorities is hard. But you exposed the kind of person you with that statement. And it's ugly as sin. We can toss policy out the window. It's irrelevant at this point.

Your problem is you were brought up badly, you didn't go to church, or your somehow, some way, you picked up some kind of values system that places the value of human life below that of how fat your wallet is.

Frankly man, if you fell on hard times, I'd want society to help you out. Because it is the RIGHT thing to do. We are stronger together. All of us. Even the mentally ill, the drug addicted, if helped, can make the world better. Society loses when they don't have the opportunity to do so because, frankly, pathologically, you can't be fucked.

lol wtf did this thread descend into?

ON TOPIC - Who are the assholes that are so desperate to be White Knights they keep ratting out private Facebook groups they've been in?

It's difficult saying "hate speech". Sometimes things are funny just because they're so horrendously offensive. It doesn't mean the people making the jokes are condoning it in anyway - If they were it wouldn't be funny. The whole point is it's so offensive. Some people just like offensive jokes - and we're penalising them for their (warped) sense of humour.

MY friends used to share dead baby jokes all the time. They were funny because they were sick and wrong. I guess these days people would be outraged against them for encouraging and perpetuating violence against children or some bullshit. I still have friends that share racist jokes - Not because they're racist, but because the jokes are hilariously offensive and wrong that it makes them funny.

For "Hate speech" you really need to work out when there's a malicious nature to it, or when it's just a dumb joke.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is literally how free speech is supposed to work. It's odd that you want to blame "lefties" for a conservative being racist.

He's not being punished his entire life, he's being punished two years later, when he was exhibiting similar stances just a few weeks ago, as a member of TPUSA.
    Does it please you when people get punished for what they did in the past? Even if they were young and dumb?
    How about for what their ancestors did, or anyone in the family?

Nah don't answer actually, i already know the answer.