10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Returning back to Trump and the supposed shitshow. (Tweets? OK.)

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1...759872/photo/1

BREAKING: Trump says he just spoke with China's Xi by phone, "will be having an extended meeting next week at the G-20" with him.

...followed by +1.19% in Dow Industrials, for example.
    We all know this will be Trump canceling the Tariffs and then claiming some big victory over a problem he started.

You guys are not even pretending anymore.

As long as it owns the libs!

Markets always fluctuate a lot in the short term. I agree lack of certainty is not great, but I am not sure who's more responsible - Trump (who is pretty erratic, yes) or the media (who amplify it all tremendously).
    Define short term. The Dow has been stuck in this fluctuating mode since January of 2018 after almost a decade of constant growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Define short term.
    Short term. Noun. A period during which it would make you and your argument look bad if defined as part of a larger trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Markets always fluctuate a lot in the short term. I agree lack of certainty is not great, but I am not sure who's more responsible - Trump (who is pretty erratic, yes) or the media (who amplify it all tremendously).
    Is it the actions of an erratic leader or the media reporting on it? Are you shitting me?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is it the actions of an erratic leader or the media reporting on it? Are you shitting me?
    It's not Trump's fault the media reports on the dumb shit he said! He literally can't control the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth, it's all the media's fault!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not Trump's fault the media reports on the dumb shit he said! He literally can't control the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth, it's all the media's fault!
    I’m fine with showing that Trump’s issue with media, is that they report on shit he does.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    This was hilarious. (Just checked the bolded bit, yup.) :-)

There is a lot to say about Russian military - and yes, things are kind of bad - but Skroe's message seems to be mostly uninformed hot air.

- - - Updated - - -

Returning back to Trump and the supposed shitshow. (Tweets? OK.)

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1...759872/photo/1

BREAKING: Trump says he just spoke with China's Xi by phone, "will be having an extended meeting next week at the G-20" with him.

...followed by +1.19% in Dow Industrials, for example.
    I've seen this movie before. Trump's "wins" follow the same progression, time and time again.

1) See an issue
    2) Come to wrong conclusion about issue
    3) Shit the bed with bad policy and/or bad negotiating skills
    4) Capitulate when things become untenable
    5) Tweet about how he "fixed" the problem
    6) Original problem still exists
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Good thing Trump loves acting officials, I guess.

How many of his nominees have had to withdraw from nomination. I believe there may be more withdrawals than nominations at this point.

Pres Trump says he did not ask for Shanahan to withdraw as nominee for Secy of Defense. @POTUS says he only learned of the domestic violence matter involving Shanahan yesterday. Calls it very unfortunate. But says Shanahan is a wonderful person going through a difficult time.
    So Trump basically doesn't give a shit about the domestic abuse allegations. He stated this about that one staff person and possibly another.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    How DARE the lame stream media report what Trump says word for word! That makes him look absolutely terrible that everything he says, including meetings, is aired out for the public to see! If I was a despotic asshole with a pinchant for sticking my foot in my mouth routinely, I too would hate the free press exposing me for the world to see.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I mentioned +1.19% exactly because it was fashionable in this thread to be talking about every negative movement of the markets, even though all these fluctuations are merely short-term reactions.

We can talk about a bigger picture, if you want. It is not a bad one.

if we are talking stock market then its not a good one. of course it could be way worse.

17.5 months of a flat stock market is not good.
    we've hit these "records" what 4 times now only to retreat and retest all over again.

I mentioned +1.19% exactly because it was fashionable in this thread to be talking about every negative movement of the markets, even though all these fluctuations are merely short-term reactions.

We can talk about a bigger picture, if you want. It is not a bad one.
    You do realize this thread was talking specifically about his failures, right? You talking about his successes is technically off topic discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Good thing Trump loves acting officials, I guess.
    Only the best people....can be in acting positions.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what kind of Republican 'starts' their campaign in one of the bluest cities in FL in the middle of Pride month down the street from a bunch of proud immigrants and minorities?

I know for a fact he lies about how well received he is.

edit: he did
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-06-19 at 12:19 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Lol, what kind of Republican 'starts' their campaign in one of the bluest cities in FL in the middle of Pride month down the street from a bunch of proud immigrants and minorities?

Did he actually say that there were 200,000 people there? I was reading that somewhere, and apparently the arena he was at, only held 17,000 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

And the Orlando Sentinel (main newspaper in town) endorsed... NotDonaldTrump

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opini...nui-story.html

Won't copypaste whole article. But it is worth a read, at least for sanity's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And the Orlando Sentinel (main newspaper in town) endorsed... NotDonaldTrump

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opini...nui-story.html

Won't copypaste whole article. But it is worth a read, at least for sanity's sake
    Some of it is worth quoting:

Some readers will wonder how we could possibly eliminate a candidate so far before an election, and before knowing the identity of his opponent.

Because there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump.

After 2½ years we’ve seen enough.

Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies.

So many lies — from white lies to whoppers — told out of ignorance, laziness, recklessness, expediency or opportunity.

Trump’s capacity for lying isn’t the surprise here, though the frequency is.

It’s the tolerance so many Americans have for it.

Trump rally anyone?

CNN just cut away from Trump rally.
    https://twitter.com/mikiebarb/status...349513728?s=19

Guess MSNBC didn't even show it at all. I know, I know that MSM bias but good they are not doing the same mistake from 2016.

This Trump speech is just devastating for Clinton’s 2020 campaign
    https://twitter.com/samstein/status/...017784322?s=19

He keeps playing the hits.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    He celebrated not having healthcare and people cheered. There might be half a brain cell in the entire stadium so it's not like they need insurance anyway.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is supposed to be a kick off to his re-election campaign but he basically being a whiny little snitch.

So far, this Orlando speech is full of grievance, jumping from the president’s unhappiness with the media to his grousing about the Russia probe. And while many Dems are running campaigns that abide by norms, he says they are radicals who want to “destroy” the nation.
    https://twitter.com/costareports/sta...879109632?s=19

While I admit I'm not watching live, seems he rather talk about himself than America.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    While I admit I'm not watching live, seems he rather talk about himself than America.
    And this is a surprise to you?

Trump's base turned out.

Proud Boys and white power signs in Orlando. https://t.co/t0ELnjtkTB
    https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/statu...905249283?s=19