Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, which I specified. This is no different than other laws regarding hate-speech, and it's one of the easiest things ever for folks to not get in trouble for.

"Excuse me miss, can I help you?"
    "Yes, and I'm actually a he if you don't mind."
    "Oh, sorry about that sir! What can I help you with today?"

Oh the fucking horror.

No, because that's not what the law says at all. The law is very forgiving when it comes to simple mistakes like that. It's teeth only come into play if people decide they want to be assholes about it and refuse to use folks prefered gender pronouns after being corrected.

You continue to dishonestly pearl-clutch over literally nothing.
    gender pronouns are simple made up words, if you make a fuss about it and you want to use whatever word you want to use to specify yourself , keep on doing but you cant expect from everyone to do so, plain and simple. calling people assholes for that doesnt make you any better .if you are a man and want to define as a woman keep doing it but you cant expect from others to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He didn't break any rules though, unless there's a rule that you can't sit in your car and talk about why masturbation is bad which was like 99% of his videos.
    Did you see the articles I linked? Because those were each violations of their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    gender pronouns are simple made up words,
    He/she/him/her are "made up words"? Because for the majority of trans folks, that's the long and short of it. They just want to be referred to by the gender they identify as. Even if they want to use made-up words, you have to remember a made-up word for a few minutes while dealing with a customer and then forget about it for the rest of your life.

Again, oh the horror.

keep on doing but you cant expect from everyone to do so, plain and simple.
    I've never met a trans person who expected everyone to use their preferred prounoun, especially if they were early in their transition. Yeah, some can be more asshole-ish about it, between my trans friends and the large number of trans folks I've interacted with over the years I've only had a small handful of instances where any got upset when I used the incorrect pronoun out of the gate.

if you are a man and want to define as a woman keep doing it but you cant expect from others to do the same.
    Or, you can expect basic human civility and for folks not to be an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. Referring to a trans person by the gender they identify as is an extremely small ask, yet you're making it out to be this massive burden.

And it's dishonest as fuck.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-06-18 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he said , that people are trying to make it illegal which is a problem
    I know Peterson said that.

It's a lie.

That's the point.
    its already illegal in ny and other places , do you think this is reasonable at all?
    Yeah, this is also a straight-up lie.

You're making this shit up.

gender pronouns are simple made up words
    So is "nigger." But go ahead and call your employees/customers that and see how far it gets you.

You don't even have to go that far. Repeatedly refer to your black employees as "boy" because you don't think they deserve the same respect as their white counterparts, and your dumbass is going to get in trouble, just as you would if you repeatedly refer to your trans employee by the incorrect pronoun. Adding "gender expression" to the list of reasons you aren't allowed to abuse people in professional settings was literally all that was changed about the law. Anything else is just Peterson's and the right-wing shitosphere's lies to push their bullshit narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a man and want to define as a woman keep doing it but you cant expect from others to do the same.
    The person in question is a woman.

Repeatedly calling her a "man", when you know better, is harassment and is hate speech.

Stop clutching at your pearls over nothing, Karen. If a lady like you can't handle people being asked to not be assholes, maybe she shouldn't be on the Internet, eh?
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-06-18 at 06:37 PM. Reason: If context isn't excruciatingly clear, that last line is me deliberately misgendering them to make a point, nothing more.

gender pronouns are simple made up words, if you make a fuss about it and you want to use whatever word you want to use to specify yourself , keep on doing but you cant expect from everyone to do so, plain and simple. calling people assholes for that doesnt make you any better .if you are a man and want to define as a woman keep doing it but you cant expect from others to do the same.
    In that case, I'm going to call you Fuckface. If you want to make a fuss about that not being your name and you want to use niztheundead87 to refer to yourself keep on doing that, but you can't expect everyone to do so plain and simple. Calling me an asshole just because I think you should be called Fuckface instead doesn't make you any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did you see the articles I linked? Because those were each violations of their rules.
    I would watch the videos in those articles to see if he was actually being racist but alas the videos are banned. A real catch-22.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The person in question is a woman.

Repeatedly calling her a "man", when you know better, is harassment and is hate speech.

Stop clutching at your pearls over nothing, Karen. If a lady like you can't handle people being asked to not be assholes, maybe she shouldn't be on the Internet, eh?

if you consider it hate speech for not using the pronoun you think you want to use , this is the problem . why do i have to use a word you want to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Names are also made up, Helen.

Do you think it's remotely reasonable to repeatedly call people by an incorrect name even if they insist otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    In that case, I'm going to call you Fuckface. If you want to make a fuss about that not being your name and you want to use niztheundead87 to refer to yourself keep on doing that, but you can't expect everyone to do so plain and simple. Calling me an asshole just because I think you should be called Fuckface instead doesn't make you any better.
    ok sock puppet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Names are also made up, Helen.

Do you think it's remotely reasonable to repeatedly call people by an incorrect name even if they insist otherwise?
    so if i define as the queen of england , should you be forced to call me your majesty just because i say so?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you consider it hate speech for not using the pronoun you think you want to use , this is the problem . why do i have to use a word you want to?
    That's not what the law is about.

You keep returning to that particular lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    so if i define as the queen of england , should you be forced to call me your majesty just because i say so?
    See my earlier post about idiots not being a protected class, Felicia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

That's not what the law is about.

You keep returning to that particular lie.
    you called it hate speech yourself tho, the law may not defind it as such but you did

Quote Originally Posted by Fuckface View Post
    Presumably to not be an asshole, Fuckface.

And I'm sorry if you don't like it, but if it's all made up then you can't force me to call you by anything different Fuckface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, the problem is you insisting on calling a woman by male pronouns, knowing they're a woman (or a man, by female pronouns).

The only person making shit up, in this case, is you, not your victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    See my earlier post about idiots not being a protected class, Felicia.
    im sorry but not adressing me as your majesty is hate speech

10+ Year Old Account
    you called it hate speech yourself tho, the law may not defind it as such but you did
    Deliberately misgendering someone to harass them?

Yeah, that's hate speech. Welcome to reality.

Nothing about that forces you to use a particular pronoun. You could just, like, use a generic pronoun. Or their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I would watch the videos in those articles to see if he was actually being racist but alas the videos are banned. A real catch-22.
    A bit, but each writeup covers their content pretty well so it's hardly as if they're a mystery. Especially given his questionable and extremist views that you acknowledge he holds.

- - - Updated - - -

You could just, like, use a generic pronoun.
    It's almost like folks don't know that gender neutral pronouns like they/them, which work for the singular and plural, don't exist.

Deliberately misgendering someone to harass them?

Yeah, that's hate speech. Welcome to reality.

Nothing about that forces you to use a particular pronoun. You could just, like, use a generic pronoun. Or their name.
    define yourself as a robot too or a unicorn but i shouldnt have to believe what you want to

define yourself as a robot too or a unicorn but i shouldnt have to believe what you want to
    See, you jump straight to the hyperbole and don't even acknowledge that 90%+ of the instances where this would be relevant would simply be a trans person wanting to be addressed by the gender they identify as.

Which isn't surprising, since it's the only way to make your dishonest argument "work".