Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    So everyone should be able to eat ice cream and then go 13 hours, right? You were clear earlier that all metabolisms are equal - so you shouldn't be believing people who say they can't also go 13 hours on ice cream, right?
    Sadly I can confirm. Started the day with a Ben n Jerrys and haven't eaten since, 8.41 pm here aswell. It checks out!

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Jesus, is that number accurate? What the hell is everyone on?
    https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/d...l-center-find/

Others say 75%. Others say 50%-60%. I believe it since almost everyone in my family is on some daily prescription.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Well, it's settled then. It IS genetics. I have a similar daily routine + the occasional gardening work, but only drink coffee w/o any sweeteners, water and sometimes the zero calorie soft drinks. I also cook fresh every day, from actual fresh ingredients, and since I'm a long sleeper I even skip breakfast. I also never got into the habit of snacking. There really is NOTHING in between. Ever. Not even when watching TV. Nil. So, two proper nurishing meals a day. I'm 1.86m tall and bring ~145kg to the scales. Tell me how this works if it isn't at least some genetic dispostion.

Seriously. Whenever I hear that genetics has zero to do with this, I'd happily accept the consequences and thoroughly punch that person right in the kisser. And my punches have some weight behind them...

Edit: The latter parts weren't direct at you specifically ofc.
    Speak with a dietitian and follow their advice then. Apart from a few rare medical issues (which can be identified and ruled out with relative ease) there is no reason someone is your height and weight and not able to drop weight with a reasonable amount of effort. The overwhelming majority of cases like yours where "I've tried everything" are nowhere near as clear cut as the person telling the story will admit...but hey, maybe you're that outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    I don't feel sick from not eating or in mornings. Only times I feel sick is if I'm actually sick or having anxiety.
    If I stay 10+ hours without eating I start feeling weak and even like vomiting.

I ate like a horse when i was a pro-athlete. I was doing a ton of stuff outside my sport aswell, riding skateboard and stuff like that, when i was forced to quit my sport due to injury i still ate like a horse but didn't burn anything anymore so i gradually became fat. Now I'm 32 and i'm kinda fat still but I've always had it easy with training and stuff so i believe that when i turn 33 i won't be a fatty no mooo. I also have a friend who never ever does anything to activate his body and he is superskinny yet he eats like a damn elephant so i dno what that's all about, ppl react different to food i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    If I stay 10+ hours without eating I start feeling weak and even like vomiting.
    That's not possible though! Avskildhet was clear that all metabolisms are equal. It must be that you lack will power to not be sick.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

If people cared about appearance they wouldn't allow themselves to.get fat in the first place.
    except that:
    A. a lot of people don't care about "appearance" as much as they care about the craving/satisfaction loop of being hungry and then eating.
    2. it's amazing to me how much more skinny people care about fat people being fat than fat people care about fat people being fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Lol, I know people who eat like a pidgeon and dont lose weight. Their mom and dad are fat, as well. For some, your metabolism might burn 80 to 90 calories easy an hour. Others have it harder and burn maybe 10. That's the genetics part. I understand what you are asking and I understand they can do something about it. But don't believe that they can take ths same path as someone else and experience the same results. Especially if they took your junkrat diet. Like I said, I agree people can do something about it. But dont say "I eat fastfood every day and I'm fine". Cuz that actually disproves your whole argument that metabolisms aren't so different
    That still comes down to diet though, it's what they are eating combined with when they are eating it in relation to their sleeping/activity patterns. You can change your metabolism, you can also eat foods that your body has to work harder to break down.. A good example is white rice compared with brown rice, if you're not highly active then that white rice goes straight to your ass as a big lump of fat, brown rice on the other hand takes longer to break down and thus the energy is released slower and less of it turns into lard.

Again different types of food (and different types of sugar) can spike your insulin levels in different ways, insulin heavily influences weight gain (bodybuilders inject it for that reason) and as we know abusing your body by eating such foods too often can result in diabetes... That's without considering the calorie intake, some products are also shown to have a lower sugar content than other products but still spike insulin levels higher.

Sometimes people can't lose weight because they are only focusing on calories and short term weight loss, when the root of the problem requires more of a larger overhaul of your diet to fix. The person 2 pages ago talking about trying to lose 50lbs by "juice cleansing" is a prime example of this, shitty unhealthy diet practice with short term weight loss goals in mind, despite health risks of such a method.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I like eating but I watch how much I eat.

I'm not skinny.
    good for you? you're the one with a fat fetish in this thread, not me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    good for you? you're the one with a fat fetish in this thread, not me.
    I applaud your effort, but I wouldn't waste it. Its clear by now that Avskildhet is grossly obsessed with appearance and convinced that anyone slightly different from themselves is "just doing it wrong". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they started blaming cancer on the host...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Not everybody can blame genetics and problems with their metabolism.

I eat fast food like 4-5 times a week, and on top of that lots of snacks and soda, basically I never think about what I put in my mouth, and I'm not even slightly overweight (77 kilos on 179 cm). I'm also 31 so I've reached the age where the metabolism "apparantely slows down".

Do people constantly have their hands in a bag of crisps, or a spoonful of icecream, or what?

I just don't understand how people can let themselves become so big when I'm such a lazy fuck, who don't even go to the gym, who manage to stay healthy.
    In before someone mentions that my insides probably are rotten to the core. Nope, had my biyearly health exam last month and all of my tests came out perfect.
    I'm not fat but I've gained a few pounds. My metabolism lasted until 33 FYI. One day yours will slow down. Might be 32, might be 42. I've had to start working out a little more and eating a little less to stay looking decent. Now, I'll agree there is NO excuse for a 5'5" woman to be 200 lbs, but with that said genetics play a role and some people certainly can keep weight off more easily, some people put muscle on more easily etc. For the really fat, it's been said. They are lazy, don't care and enjoy triple cheese burgers more than looking decent, that's all there is to it. It's not helped by the fact many men have low standards and date or stay married to fat women... I say this because I see way more couples where the woman is fatter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Lol, I know people who eat like a pidgeon and dont lose weight. Their mom and dad are fat, as well. For some, your metabolism might burn 80 to 90 calories easy an hour. Others have it harder and burn maybe 10. That's the genetics part. I understand what you are asking and I understand they can do something about it. But don't believe that they can take ths same path as someone else and experience the same results. Especially if they took your junkrat diet. Like I said, I agree people can do something about it. But dont say "I eat fastfood every day and I'm fine". Cuz that actually disproves your whole argument that metabolisms aren't so different
    Nono, that's not possible. Even pretending all fat people have some major thyroid issue, that's like a 20% difference in metabolism. And metabolism increases with bodyweight, so they'll likely still burn more calories than someone thinner with a healthy thyroid.

Fat people usually vastly underestimate how much they eat themselves, or overestimate how much thin people eat. That's why so many are dumbfounded that they can't lose weight and think there's some medical mystery behind it, they don't know what a normal thin diet looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Sedentary lifestyle with shitty processed foods and sugary soda drinks.

I blame college debt and shitty music choices.

177 lbs 6'0" here, could probably stand to lose 5-7 lbs.
    Uhh.. no. 170 is too light for 6'0" unless you are looking to be the Revenant from Doom. Assuming you are a Male here..

I think you don't know what a fat fetish is. I think fat people are disgusting.
    i think you don't know what sarcasm is - your neurotic obsession with weight is a clear indication that you're slavishly fetishistic about it.
    it's one thing to not find padding attractive, it's another thing to start threads on a forum for the sole purpose of letting strangers know you denigrate anyone with a BMI higher than you approve of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Uhh.. no. 170 is too light for 6'0" unless you are looking to be the Revenant from Doom. Assuming you are a Male here..
    170lbs at 6'0" if it's mostly muscle is actually not skinny at all.

People often grossly overestimate the weight of ripped athletic bodies. They almost always weigh less than you'd expect.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not fat but I've gained a few pounds. My metabolism lasted until 33 FYI. One day yours will slow down. Might be 32, might be 42. I've had to start working out a little more and eating a little less to stay looking decent. Now, I'll agree there is NO excuse for a 5'5" woman to be 200 lbs, but with that said genetics play a role and some people certainly can keep weight off more easily, some people put muscle on more easily etc. For the really fat, it's been said. They are lazy, don't care and enjoy triple cheese burgers more than looking decent, that's all there is to it. It's not helped by the fact many men have low standards and date or stay married to fat women... I say this because I see way more couples where the woman is fatter.
    Boy, where to start with this one.

Firstly, across almost if not all US states, more Men are obese than Women. (https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...2:%22asc%22%7D)

Secondly, "no excuse", eh? I didn't realize you had lived the lives of every fat person to ever live. I mean, that's the only way I can see you'd be able to make a claim like that.

With your logic, we should do away with drug treatment centers - there's 'no excuse' for someone to be addicted to crack, so leave them to figure it out.

Jesus you are small minded and self centered.

Why is 170 too light for 6ft? That's light heavyweight in boxing, there are loads of 6ft guys in that weight range. I'm 5'10 and I weigh about 156lbs, which is considered almost bang in the middle of the NHS guidelines recommended weight, slightly above if we're being picky. Unless you're a rugby player or a bodybuilder (for example) you're not going to have that extra muscle weight.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

If I ate the same diet as the @OP I would be overweight no question about it. I eat healthy though, avoid suger except when the food is supposed to have it (like in cookies or candy, which I eat seldom) so I'm not overweight at all. I mostly drink water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't start this thread.
    People are just salty that you're being as blunt as you are, especially in a forum where the majority of people likely trend away from healthy weights.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I didn't start this thread.
    oh how terribly inaccurate of me, excuse me...
    i think you don't know what sarcasm is - your neurotic obsession with weight is a clear indication that you're slavishly fetishistic about it.
    it's one thing to not find padding attractive, it's another thing to jump instantly into threads on a forum for the sole purpose of letting strangers know you denigrate anyone with a BMI higher than you approve of.