Anyone think it would be neat to have a 'Rebirth' option like in Diablo

This would put all your gear in the bank and reset your level back to 1 but not remove any of your achievements or currency so you could experience old content again or perhaps relearn your character correctly after coming back from a long period of time without needing to create another character. Perhaps the process could garner extra achievements, cosmetic rewards, or grant you some small bonus to leveling.

What are your thoughts?

Sounds like busywork for lackluster rewards which means it will inevitably be added to the game at some point in the future.

You don't need to start over from level 1 to relearn your character.
    You can experience old content by going there at max level a leveling a new character. No need to start over from scratch to do that.

It's a big waste of development time and adding rewards to it would be the most stupid fucking thing they've done, and they've done a lot of stupid shit.

Just level an alt or find another game to play.

There's enough Diablo stink on this game already.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but the question Blizzard would need to answer is why? Extra achievements and cosmetic rewards will appeal to some players, but they add these things every expansion. Those rewards wouldn't be enough to get a majority of players to "rebirth". With the right incentive structure, I think rebirth could be a success, but I don't know what that incentive would be. Maybe rebirth could allow players to server transfer, faction change, name change, or race change for free? Still might not be enough.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    with the new "prestige classes" idea roaming around lately, this would be actually neat.

You would keep all your achievements/reputations and whatnot, but you would just have to level from the scratch

When they inevitably add Heritage Armor for all races, you could Rebirth your main (maybe to lvl 20....) to redo the progression and gain Heritage on your actual toon, not a throwaway (i mean.... sort of?).

That's the only thing I can twist into any sort of sense for this being a thing. I mean I sure as fuck wouldn't do it but I bet some people might?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    with the new "prestige classes" idea roaming around lately, this would be actually neat.

You would keep all your achievements/reputations and whatnot, but you would just have to level from the scratch
    This also makes sense. I want my Rogue to be a Bard (spolier alert: I do), then I restart at lvl 20 but keep all my stuff. I can actually see me doing that.

The option makes sense for D3 due to how the game works. WoW has no equivalent features, so there wouldn't be much point to it unless that changes.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSteel View Post
    This would put all your gear in the bank and reset your level back to 1 but not remove any of your achievements or currency so you could experience old content again or perhaps relearn your character correctly after coming back from a long period of time without needing to create another character. Perhaps the process could garner extra achievements, cosmetic rewards, or grant you some small bonus to leveling.

What are your thoughts?
    There's an issue with that: Diablo Rebirthing also sends all your gear, loot, everything else you have in your bank to other characters for them to use. Due to the soulbound (and class specific) nature of a lot of items, that wouldn't work in WoW without changes.

Nop, not in the slighest.

So then it won't really be a MMO RPG. Just some bastard version of diablo?

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyqt View Post
    So then it won't really be a MMO RPG. Just some bastard version of diablo?
    I am not sure how you came to that conclusion

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? You can't be a new class, the stories arent' worth doing again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

for what? in Diablo peoples do the most to find ways to fast level to 70 and jump into torment the same as peoples crying their ass off for being forced into leveling in wow. Peoples hate leveling in every game you know what are the most sought up mod and cheat for single player game? Xp multiplier mods and instant xp cheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.