Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    I suppose to each his/her own, but defined muscles (including abs) are masculine [to me], so I'll take a hard pass.
    All good my man, I still love you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    There are no hot fat people.
    That's just your opinion. I think guys with a little bigger belly can look good. Women too, I guess, but I prefer guys anyway. I also think someone's personality weighs more than their appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to agree.
    Being overweight for whatever reason isn't healthy.
    Prety much. You have like 10-15lbs to play with over your healthy weight depending on how muscly you are, but fat/flab/etc is intrinsically unattractive to me.

You do realize breasts are mostly just fat and tissue right?

Don't tell me you hate fat LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Prety much. You have like 10-15lbs to play with over your healthy weight depending on how muscly you are, but fat/flab/etc is intrinsically unattractive to me.
    Haha. Lawls. Dr's say I should weight 180-85 for 33 and 6 ft tall. I haven't been able to get to that low of body weight since I had to be on the renal diet for kidney dialysis and transplant. You know how hard that is. 1000 calories per day or less, NO SALT, NO POTASSIUM.... Pffh that right there cuts out about 90% of most food.

How about breasts, you find big breasts unattractive?

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    That's not possible though! Avskildhet was clear that all metabolisms are equal. It must be that you lack will power to not be sick.
    Right? Such a smart guy he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    I find them unattractive.

There are no hot fat people.
    see, THAT is being blunt - contextually appropriate, and matter-of-fact.

depending on what your definition of "fat" is, i can see your point, but likely disagree with it if your range of what you consider to be "fat" is low enough.

Boobs aren't factored in the butt-to-gut ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Then you have the education part. Most lack the knowledge to lose weight. Like the person I quoted, they think calories is the big thing. So someone would swap out that soda for diet or zero calorie soda and chalk that up as a win. They don't understand that calories is a small part. Sodium is a factor as well. Additives are too. That diet soda is worse then a regular soda. Others see fruit juice and assume its healthy. They don't look at the ingredients to see how real it is. A ton of fruit juice has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Making it a very unhealthy option.
    This is an issue I very rarely see brought up. Some foods are simply traps, they appear healthy on the surface, like fruit juice, but as soon as you look at the labels you see they're loaded with sugars. And it's an easy trap to fall into because most people assume that anything with fruit in would be healthy by default. You don't have the time to scrutinise all the labling on everything you buy at a supermarket, and the manufacturers know that. Unless you're already in the know, you're going to take the short-cut and assume the fruit based product is a healther alternative.

Obesity is a problem that needs to be tackled on multiple levels. Education is a key part of the solution that seems to be constantly overlooked. Nutrition is complicated, which is why there are so many contradictory studies out there, but it's not magic. I firmly believe that the average person can wrap their head around the basics required to make good food choices without the need to overcomplicate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's the same as when people try to switch to Keto, they go crazy because of the lack of sugar in their diet as their body has not adjusted to using primarily fat as an energy source, but when that adjustment period is over many of them state they feel unstoppable because now they have a steady and consistent energy (rather than a spiky one that can result from eating simple carbs).
    As someone who's tried a Keto diet, once I got over that initial hurdle I felt great. No more highs and lows throughout the day, very few cravings and so on. I wouldn't go as far as to say I felt unstopable, but I did feel pretty good about myself.

I saw a huge improvement in my endurance too, I could run practically all day if I felt like it. The downside however was that I struggled to do activities that required explosive bursts of energy, like sprinting or lifting weights. I was noticably slower when it came to running the length of a rugby pitch. Sometimes your body just needs sugars on hand to perform well.

While it does have some benefits, particularly for those with diabetes, it's also not the right choice for everyone.

As mentioned before, 170lbs at 6'0" is a light heavyweight boxer weight and there are tons of 6' competitors in that weight range. There's nothing wrong with it at all.
    I'm 175lbs at 6'0 myself. Just 9% body Fat too. Muscle does way more than Fat, but not to the extent that it will add hundreds of pounds to your weight. Most people severely overestimate how much althletic body types weigh.

Hell, it doesn't even put me in the unhealthy BMI range!

I find them unattractive.
    Everyone is entitled to their own preference. But I enjoy a nice D cup once in a while...

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally yep, I pretty max out in interest at the top end of B cups.

Generally yep, I pretty max out in interest at the top end of B cups.
    man i thought i was the only guy who didn't like big tits... heh.
    agreed.

Everyone is entitled to their own preference. But I enjoy a nice D cup once in a while...
    My girlfriend had surgery to make hers smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    alternative theory: they enjoy the pleasure of eating and not moving more than they enjoy satisfying your idea of what kind of body they'd have to have in order for you to want to fuck them.

also, since so many people are correlating "weight" with "attractiveness" i'd like to point out for the record that if you're not immediately and indiscriminately disdainful of fat people, there are just as many hot fat people as there are ugly skinny people - weight has very little to do with that, at least IMO.
    Eh sorry gonna have to disagree with you. Fat people are not hot and those magazines and shows or anything else that tries to promote that is just bull. Being fat is unhealthy and and lazy. Even worse is when those people have children who are also obese at a very young age and being set up for a lifetime of health problems they are not even aware of yet because they have shitty parents. I'm not disdainful of fat people and don't hate anyone who is fat by any means, I just think they lead a lazy lifestyle and most of those people that I know are also lazy in other aspects of their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculat...=Body-Fat-Navy
    Don't forget to click on which gender first
    That's an interesting calculator, I haven't seen it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    man i thought i was the only guy who didn't like big tits... heh.
    agreed.
    Thumbs up for smaller titties!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashetaka View Post
    If you are a biologist, then please explain the physiological mechanism to trigger ketosis on sleep deprivation because there's no way to lose fat without it. With respect, your attitude of "just work at it" has totally failed from a public policy standpoint in literally every nation it's ever been tried in. We don't tell alcoholics to go cold turkey, we don't tell smokers to "just keep at it." As a fellow biologist you should have the background to know that this isn't how public health crises are tackled anywhere.
    You haven't cited any evidence that suggests ketosis can't happen on sleep deprivation, or that it even matters in the grand scheme of things. You just point to Matthew Walker and say "indisputable" a couple of times. That's not very convincing and also conveys no sense of the magnitude of that issue, even if it were true.

"Ketosis" is not the only way fat is burned (consider someone eating 1200 calories a day but 100g of carbohydrates; they will burn quite a lot of fat but remain out of ketosis), so I find that claim to be bizarre... Maybe you meant ketogenesis, and even then I would suggest reviewing the β-oxidation pathway and what it feeds into. Even without dieting, we are constantly burning fat but typically aren't in or headed towards ketosis. If we couldn't burn fat outside of ketosis, we would store every molecule of fat we eat and would all be blimps.

My comment about "just work at it" was not about setting public policy, but for the individual to consider. We could just shame and scare them into healthfulness, as was the case for the tobacco industry in the U.S., but I am not in the business of setting public policy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Not everybody can blame genetics and problems with their metabolism.

I eat fast food like 4-5 times a week, and on top of that lots of snacks and soda, basically I never think about what I put in my mouth, and I'm not even slightly overweight (77 kilos on 179 cm). I'm also 31 so I've reached the age where the metabolism "apparantely slows down".

Do people constantly have their hands in a bag of crisps, or a spoonful of icecream, or what?

I just don't understand how people can let themselves become so big when I'm such a lazy fuck, who don't even go to the gym, who manage to stay healthy.
    In before someone mentions that my insides probably are rotten to the core. Nope, had my biyearly health exam last month and all of my tests came out perfect.
    I bet when u turn 41 u could roll down the street