Poll: Which WOW version will you play?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

When Classic is released and for the year after that which version will you play

When Classic is released and for the year after that which version of WOW will you play the most Classic or Retail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail.

Re Classic: Been there, done that. Game blew the lid off the MMO world but in today's gaming market - it sucks.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

Retail of course

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic.

Cos retail is for sissies.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quit retail about 18 months ago, will re sub for classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail ofc.
    I've played classic and it was fun back then. But classic gameplay is not even comparable to the current game. I get people wanting to play classic for the nostalgia. But nostalgia doesn't last months.

Classic 100%. Once Classic is released the retail player base is going to take a huge hit.
    More then likely classic will be so popular that blizzard will be releasing additional servers & offering free transfers again.

Retail will always have new and exciting stuff, classic has already been done

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Classic for sure. Seems like they are getting it together for 8.2 and I'll probably do a couple weeks worth of content there (since they are forcing us to start our subscription two weeks in advance to get our names on Classic server /sigh) but then migrate to just doing Classic exclusively. I don't have time to keep up both of them and Retail has been a bore this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You missed two options. Both and Neither.

I will be playing Both.
    He asked which of the 2 you would play more. This takes into account that you would play both, not one or the other exclusively.

My answer is retail. I played classis when the game first came out. Been there did that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how unfun endgame BFA is, and the continued hints a major leveling revamp (possibly including another EK/Kalimdor redesign) is on the horizon, I'm probalby going to just stick to Classic and FFXIV until 9.0 drops. Then level my Kul'tiran/Void Elf.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Classic 100%. Once Classic is released the retail player base is going to take a huge hit.
    Only for the first month, if that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going full hard on classic as soon as it's released. I've grown a bit bored of mythic+ and there's nothing else interesting for me to do on retail.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Once Classic is released the retail player base is going to take a huge hit.
    Do you really believe people are forcing themselves to play Retail to get their WoW fix? Exceptions apply, but in general, if you are subbed now, you'll still play Retail after Classic comes out. If you are unsubbed now, you might sub for Classic, or maybe not.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I can't play my monk in Classic, so what's the point?

Retail it is.

No option for both? Not voting then. I will always play retail because retail has leaderboards for shit. Classic has nothing and at most all it will have that pertains to me is a raiding first kill list, which I mean idgaf, that's going to be etched in stone until the end of time so it'll only matter once.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Oh god, yet another Classic Vs Retail bait thread. Wonderful. I see great conversation happening here, level heads, thoughtful consideration of others opinions, and a general consensus that so long as everyone is enjoying themselves, it doesnt matter!

Haha, prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong.

Classic for sure. I have been playing since 2007 and retail game today isnt the game that I signed up to play. Cant wait for Classic
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Will probably only try classic for a while, and maybe play it on and off just to level a character. The main game (I hate the word retail, no idea why it's so popular) will always be my main wow. It's more accessible and requires less time, which is big for me now that I have a job and a family. It also has way more stuff to collect which is my main pastime in the game. I do the newest pve tier as far as curve, but otherwise, I'm mostly interested in the other content. Classic only has the pve/pvp content with hardly anything else to do than this "main thing".

I'm sure classic is an okay game, it just lacks the content I enjoy the most in wow + what content is there requires hours of unabrupted game time, that I no longer have. These days I have to make big concessions to find 6 hours during the week for heroic raiding + mythic10. It's physically impossible for me to spend 1-2 hours making a group to do a dungeon, that I will probably get nothing out from and will probably fail it too.

Retail. It has the two things i play the game for transmog and new content/story.
    Classic has neither, nor does it offer anything else either since the clients and progress isn't linked and you can't go back to get removed items.
    So what would be the point to go back? Milk and cookies?

I don't do retro games, something might have been awesome 20 years ago, but it looks like crap today. If the gameplay is on par, graphics always win.