Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I wish they would just reforge WoW instead

I can understand WC3 re mastered can extend its life etc.. but i hope they don't change any of hte lore to fit many of hte weird developments they pursued in wow.

if anything they should reforge wow itself... the things i would do...

I wish they would create a solo player rpg in azeroth. I cannot stand Blizzards focus on competition and group challenges in WoW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    I wish they would create a solo player rpg in azeroth. I cannot stand Blizzards focus on competition and group challenges in WoW anymore.
    I would probably play a well designed SP rpg set in azeroth. Even one that was quite shallow and simple - like wow. It doesnt need to be witcher 3, but something between minecraft and witcher 3 in maturity would be cool. I highly doubt Blizzard would ever involve themselves in a project like that, but if things dont go well over the next expac / Diablo 4 i could see them outsourcing something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I can understand WC3 re mastered can extend its life etc.. but i hope they don't change any of hte lore to fit many of hte weird developments they pursued in wow.

So just to be clear, you want WoW classic but with #changes - graphic improvements etc?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear, you want WoW classic but with #changes - graphic improvements etc?
    Probably changes more in line with reforged - where blizzad re-envisioned look and feel of unit models. I also believe that their "we want old players still feel they are playing their character" is holding back a lot of creativity. While I understand why they are doing it, I would love to see modern take on wow visuals without "needing" to look and feel very similar to 15+ year old game.

So you want an updated Classic WoW or a WoW 2.0? I'd be fine for the latter as I'd much rather see them use all that effort for something new, considering how heavily they have to update the engine.

It's always amazing to me this nonsense people say. WoW graphics keep getting improved with each Xpac. Go watch a vanilla to BfA comparison. We already have a warcraft reforged. It was just done progressively, rather than all at once.

Unless you mean that Unreal 4 nonsense. That is a complete change in game art style.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make Warcraft 4 to set up a good story, then come out with WoW 2.

My first thought when I saw solo player RPG was, wow, that's dumb. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. They could use it to flesh out some of the "legends" of wow story. Maybe play as Garona or Arthas or Tirion or any other number of huge lore figures, follow their story from the beginning, first person style. Port it to consoles and PC.

Maybe they could even introduce Medan in WoW proper canon, or at least explain why he's been absent (time bubble, dead, alternate dimension, whatever)

I doubt it would happen, but I could see it working if done right.

I agree here, i think the story should continue in Witcher 3/Dragon Age style RPGs - it is in these stories like Cataclysm and Legion expasnions should have been told, with wow largely being the game that explores the reactions of the races, and how they adapt, advance as well as the fine details of the various zones and its interesting inhabitants.

you explore the world of warcraft - this means zones, races, etc.. not the big story stuff that this MMO just can't pull off like games like SWTOR or FFXIV - so it should play to its strength. Warcraft is a very strong franchise, it can totally pull off an RPG game series with an MMO running parallel to it

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Make Warcraft 4 to set up a good story, then come out with WoW 2.
    The idea that these developers are actually capable of making a WoW 2 is laughable. This is not 2006 Blizzard, this is the Blizzard that doubles down on things like: mission tables, no flying, eliminating mounts that can walk on water, sharding, phasing, CRZ, stripping classes of more abilities each expansion, LFR, LFD, excessive RNG, the cash shop and all the slippery slope, short term, cash grab idiocy that goes with it. Remember these are the guys that are still working on releasing Classic after 3 years in the pipeline while a few guys in a garage can put a private server together.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

World of Warcraft...

Reforged...?

Count me in.

3+ Year Old Account
    Same with my ideas, a single player ver. with most of the story plot till now will be perfect.

Every new expansion reforges WoW, no? I mean, Cataclysm was a major "reforge."

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    World of Warcraft...

Reforged...?

Count me in.
    The masses struggle with lag and other issues now. I understand people enjoying the version they see on different engines or the idea of a remastered version. So much of the game would be unplayable if they did that though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

WoW keeps getting "reforged" every expansion.

Give it a rest.

I've always played solo...I just don't play well with others.

I wanna play a MMO with other players.... you could always play Warcraft 3 which plays in Azeroth....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    The masses struggle with lag and other issues now. I understand people enjoying the version they see on different engines or the idea of a remastered version. So much of the game would be unplayable if they did that though.
    Wait, is reforged is not a synonym of remake?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Probably changes more in line with reforged - where blizzad re-envisioned look and feel of unit models. I also believe that their "we want old players still feel they are playing their character" is holding back a lot of creativity. While I understand why they are doing it, I would love to see modern take on wow visuals without "needing" to look and feel very similar to 15+ year old game.
    Yep. I wish they just said "you can press the toggle to use the old models if you really want to or use the completely new awesome models that are more in line with their lore". Being limited by models with 10 pixels really limited their creativity and affected the final product. Guess the problem with that would be armor clipping.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-06-19 at 04:33 AM.