Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like how Mechagon seems so freaking out of place in this trailer. It has 100% nothing to do in a Rise of Azshara trailer behind Azshara's voice but whatever

Also, I hope there is an explanation as to why Azshara sacrifices her main advantage to confront us by using the Tidestone to ... remove water and basically leave her Palace defenseless. Seems like the stupidest plot-convenient move ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Not really. There are enough people with Stockholm syndrome that will play WoW no matter how shit it gets. You can't let that 5+ year (or 10+ for some) time investment go to waste.
    FFXIV is the objectively better MMORPG at the moment and I've played WoW since start of TBC.
    I WISH I had data to back it up, but I don't - nobody has. I think we can all agree WoW is in the worst state it ever was (even considering WoD). Feel free to defend nu-Blizzard and their bad games. I don't care.
    It's for fudging yellow fever weebos tbh

What's the big deal? 3 days is more than enough to see everything 8.2 has to offer. Just in time to jump back into FFXIV.

What's the big deal? 3 days is more than enough to see everything 8.2 has to offer. Just in time to jump back into FFXIV.
    The big deal is that it's made for weebs and for otakus and some of us aren't
    Last edited by Trapstarz; 2019-06-19 at 06:40 AM.

Not really. There are enough people with Stockholm syndrome that will play WoW no matter how shit it gets. You can't let that 5+ year (or 10+ for some) time investment go to waste.
    FFXIV is the objectively better MMORPG at the moment and I've played WoW since start of TBC.
    I WISH I had data to back it up, but I don't - nobody has. I think we can all agree WoW is in the worst state it ever was (even considering WoD). Feel free to defend nu-Blizzard and their bad games. I don't care.
    Stating that FFXIV is objectively better just ruins your entire argument. I fully agree that BfA is ass but I also think FFXIV is ass. So many systems in that game I dislike ranging from the combat to the storage to the glamour system. Realistically I think everything in BfA outside of raiding has been pretty bad however I think 8.2 does a lot to improve this (essence farming looks fun, benthic gear is farmable gear with currency and no RNG, mechagon is very fun imo, etc) the only problem is the grind for AP is still relegated to islands and I really dislike islands/warfronts.

Regardless, I think 8.2 is a step in the right direction. Currency gear on a vendor, player power progression that’s completely goal oriented (farming essences), sandbox content in mechagon, etc. There’s still plenty to fix but at the very least it’s a small step forward. That’s not to say I think BfA is good, I don’t, I just disagree about FFXIV being objectively better.

Tried FF14 several times. Forcing players to spend 30+ hours to grind through ridiculously boring MSQ (seriously, the majority of them are simple fetch quests or forcing you to wait in a dungeon que for 30 minutes) before you can can access newer content is laughable bad design. I will never try that game again until that shit is fixed. Selling me a potion to skip is not a fix. Blizzard should copy that strategy to artificially increase the amount of "content" in their game.

Funny how no one ever mentions any of the many warts that game has. If you think the talent/customization system is bad in WoW ohh boy your in for a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Stating that FFXIV is objectively better just ruins your entire argument. I fully agree that BfA is ass but I also think FFXIV is ass. So many systems in that game I dislike ranging from the combat to the storage to the glamour system. Realistically I think everything in BfA outside of raiding has been pretty bad however I think 8.2 does a lot to improve this (essence farming looks fun, benthic gear is farmable gear with currency and no RNG, mechagon is very fun imo, etc) the only problem is the grind for AP is still relegated to islands and I really dislike islands/warfronts.

Regardless, I think 8.2 is a step in the right direction. Currency gear on a vendor, player power progression that’s completely goal oriented (farming essences), sandbox content in mechagon, etc. There’s still plenty to fix but at the very least it’s a small step forward. That’s not to say I think BfA is good, I don’t, I just disagree about FFXIV being objectively better.
    Objectively is always a hard one, almost nothing can be objectively better or worse. I mean, you can't say GTA is objectively better then Saints Row. One of the few cases I can think of is something like Big Rigs Over the Road Racing is objectively worse then Gran Turismo... Because honestly the first game didn't even work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I like how predictions of it coming out around Shadowbringers release was dead on. (Shadowbringers early access starts june 28th). Blizz has a knack for "accidentally" releasing expansions and big patches around the time other competitive MMOs do the same, huh?

I mean, here is a patch that could've been done weeks ago, being frankly, artificially delayed.
    I mean business is trying to make money/put some competition up? What a malicious practice. Capitalists are evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Tried FF14 several times. Forcing players to spend 30+ hours to grind through ridiculously boring MSQ (seriously, the majority of them are simple fetch quests or forcing you to wait in a dungeon que for 30 minutes) before you can can access newer content is laughable bad design. I will never try that game again until that shit is fixed. Selling me a potion to skip is not a fix. Blizzard should copy that strategy to artificially increase the amount of "content" in their game.

Funny how no one ever mentions any of the many warts that game has. If you think the talent/customization system is bad in WoW ohh boy your in for a surprise.
    The level 50 MSQ is the only issue I ever had, it's a story based game, the story is a big deal.

As for customization like wow's talents and such, the game has never had then and never been built around it, so it's not really a problem. Problems lie in things like PvP being completely wonky to the point that very few people like it, and the numerous server issues that are just leftovers of 1.0 that, thankfully, are slowly being resolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If I was a heroic raider or pushed m+, 8.2 would've been exciting.
    But since literally everything else but those two things are clearable in two afternoons, it ain't worth resubbing for.

It's astonishing how dull the game becomes when everything gets designed to be fast, easy and instantly accessible.
    I don't even need/want better gear, because things are designed to topple over regardless.

Listening to Ion's dev insight, one gets struck by just how 'locked' the devs are. They are merely following a design pendulum that swings back and forth. Everyone has to be happy, everyone has to reach the latest content, but people need to feel like their effort matters, but someone coming late should get into the latest raid dammit!

You can't have a long-term, satisfying rewarding RPG experience where rewards have value to you, if your progress is essentially reset every goddamn patch.
    I've maybe played a total of 24h gametime since december, due to unsubbing, quick resub in february, then near-instantly giving up again. How many hours will it take for my characters to get ready to jump into 8.2 content? It sure won't be many hours. There's never anything "on the horizon" for my characters. Will my characters even have a reason to go into BoD? Lol nah, old content = removed content.

Catch-up is fine and is a necessary component. I used to be so excited for catchup gear for my characters, years and years ago, back when my characters weren't nearlike god-status in green gear compared to the content I was doing.
    The difference was that back then, that catchup gear actually mattered and made a difference.
    That catchup gear not only made unlocked content I had yet to be able to see, not merely catapulting me to the very nearest content. There was still a progression ladder with more than two steps on it.

Now catchup gear is merely a near instant evening-out between old and returning players. What's the difference? Someone asks
    The difference is that catchup gear didn't tend to completely take over your gear set, it used to be a few powerful items, that still took a pretty long time to attain. But when you got them you really noticed the difference.
    How long will it take a new-dinged 120 alt in 8.2 to get 400+? How much of "all" content can you do with gear you can attain in a couple of afternoons at 120? Pretty much everything I wager, other than high raids or m+. The rest is seasonal, locust-swarm-oriented content that get devoured instantly.

I wish I had a reason to come back beyond the first two weeks of a new major update.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-06-19 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean business is trying to make money/put some competition up? What a malicious practice. Capitalists are evil!
    You can only use this tactic when you're in a position of power. I'm not so sure WoW can afford to compete with other MMORPGs at the moment. My guess is that it's going to backfire into Ion's face.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    But since literally everything else but those two things are clearable in two afternoons, it ain't worth resubbing for.

It's astonishing how dull the game becomes when everything gets designed to be fast, easy and instantly accessible.
    I don't even need/want better gear, because things are designed to topple over regardless.
    You aren’t doing all of the mechagon content in 2hrs. You probably won’t even get it done in a month, lot of shit to do. I’m not sure if it’s the kind of content you’d like but as someone who raids pretty heavily i think outdoor content will be much much better in 8.2. The only thing you’ll complete in 2hrs is the war campaign as long as it’s not gated. You won’t even be able to upgrade your essences that fast, you actually have to work for it.

I fully understand your complaint but it doesn’t really apply to 8.2. Certainly to 8.0-8.1.5 but essences+benthic gearing+mechagon content will take a lot of time investment without much RNG to gate you as well which is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Objectively is always a hard one, almost nothing can be objectively better or worse. I mean, you can't say GTA is objectively better then Saints Row. One of the few cases I can think of is something like Big Rigs Over the Road Racing is objectively worse then Gran Turismo... Because honestly the first game didn't even work lol.
    Yeah I don’t know why people are so quick to throw out their opinions as objective facts. If a game is just completely broken (think WoD launch) then yeah the launch of an mmo that isn’t broken would be objectively better. Stating that 1 game is objectively better than another, in this situation, just doesn’t work unfortunately. I can name a lot of things that I dislike about FFXIV, same with WoW, but that’s the exact reason I don’t find FFXIV better. Objectively just doesn’t make sense here, I get the point he was trying to make though so it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Objectively just doesn’t make sense here, I get the point he was trying to make though so it’s fine.
    I was obviously being facetious. Saying "objectively good/bad" is an oxymoron. It's like when you start your sentence with "Let's be real...", "The truth is..." or "Let's be honest..." - you use it when you want others take your opinion as a fact and be an asshole about it.
    It's my opinion that FFXIV is a better MMORPG in the year 2019 than WoW. It wasn't earlier, it is now - for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Cool so is there time gating this patch and how many weeks should people wait before resubbing for it all to pass?
    I don't want to be a felplague here but dude, it's just two weeks after the patch for season 3 to start with the raid and the dungeon (meaning the pacing of the quests will have finished), it's not ten weeks (don't remember the exact number of missions) of one shitty quest each week for daddy khadgar like 7.2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    You are aware that the site name is MMO-Champion, yes? It's not WoW-Champion. Granted yes, WoW is it's main focus, but the site has forums for GW2, FF XIV, SWToR, and other various games that aren't even MMO's. People are allowed to share their opinion even if it doesn't line up with yours or anyone elses.

OT

8.2 holds little of anything I'd be interested in.. maybe 8.3 or beyond will be enough to bring me back to the WoW addiction, but it is not this patch.
    And you are right, but this is a post about wow in particular, so I don't see why someone would read this just to write they llike the new girlfriend more than the ex, this is just what I think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    Because even a monkey with brain damage knows that 8.2 will be the part where they will throw the towel upon this Xpac and move on to 9.0
    There is nothing that can be salvaged from BfA in 8.2 in both Lore and Mechanical parts.

Plus the fact that 8.2 is Unfinished as fuck on the PTR, and now that they will ship it, it will only show that they don't care about BfA at this rate, and they want to guarantee those extra bonuses from the Shareholders.
    I'll save this comment for when they announce 8.3 to make you remember how stupid you sound with so much hate with no thinking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Good for you and grats on nobody cares?
    oh my how edgy, you are so cool, sign my arm please!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not really surprised they held if off right until the Early Access week of FFXIV's new Expansion. As much as they always claim other game don't affect their releases, they always seem to fall in the same week

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFind View Post
    Rise of Azshara arrives June 25!
    Rise of Azshara arrives June 25!

Some seem to think this was due to Wizards Unite coming out with its global launch in us and uk this week. I wonder what the connection uis..or maybe blizz was worried that WU would take some of it's gamers? :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The level 50 MSQ is the only issue I ever had, it's a story based game, the story is a big deal.

As for customization like wow's talents and such, the game has never had then and never been built around it, so it's not really a problem. Problems lie in things like PvP being completely wonky to the point that very few people like it, and the numerous server issues that are just leftovers of 1.0 that, thankfully, are slowly being resolved.
    The problem i had with the MSQ in ARR was that it just wasn't interesting. Compared to Heavensward or Stormblood the story was basically Scooby Doo trying to get all them Primals. That would be something i would love to see them change, though you really only need to go through it once.

You can only use this tactic when you're in a position of power. I'm not so sure WoW can afford to compete with other MMORPGs at the moment. My guess is that it's going to backfire into Ion's face.
    A guess is a guess If WoW is not in power, then no MMO is then

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It’s bizarre to me that people complain about the game being too easy and accessible but then don’t even participate in high end raiding or high m+ keys which is THE CHALLENGING PART OF THE GAME.

It’s like complaining that the easy mode of a game is too easy.

I was obviously being facetious. Saying "objectively good/bad" is an oxymoron. It's like when you start your sentence with "Let's be real...", "The truth is..." or "Let's be honest..." - you use it when you want others take your opinion as a fact and be an asshole about it.
    It's my opinion that FFXIV is a better MMORPG in the year 2019 than WoW. It wasn't earlier, it is now - for me.
    Ah didn’t think that was facetious, I’m pretty bad at reading sarcasm in posts too so I guess that’s to be expected. My b, yeah that’s all fine, I got the point you were making so it didn’t matter much anyway