Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you mean wow should increase the GCD? wow man thats strong of you.
    cause final fantasty's GCD is even longer then wows.
    This is low effort bait. FFXIV's combat is slower paced so the longer GCD makes sense there.

I'm really tired of all patch 8.2 discussion being plagued by FFXIV talk, and this is coming from someone who likes the FF MMOs. Competition is good for the industry and I'm glad both playerbases have something new and exciting to look forward to. Neither product is in any danger of wounding the other so I really don't understand the basis for the hostility.

Or did everyone finally get so sick of crapping all over their own game that they now have to crap on someone else's?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Way over your head. Sylvanas will, by the end of the expansion, been the focal point of the entire story, a story that's been polarizing and ill-received by the player base at best. Meanwhile, Azshara, a character big enough to be the main villain of her own expansion, was relegated to a mid-expansion patch.

"Major villain" shouldn't be used as loosely. Kael'thas was a whole other beast. Technically, he shouldn't have been a villain at all, but that's a whole different argument. Azshara has been set up lore-wise to be as big as characters like Kil'jaeden, The Lich King, and Deathwing, power and character-wise. Not on the level of lesser villains like Gul'dan, Zul'jin, or Yogg-saron. Then again, it's not the first time Blizzard fucked up. Lei-shen should have been the final boss of Mists, not Garrosh hopped up on Old God heart juice but that's irrelevant here and now.
    But Blizzard literally said Azshara is the Gul'dan of the expansion, and in terms of scope she's quite similar, being an ambitious powermonger who shack up with evil entities for their own gains. Azshara has been relevant once, 10 000 years ago in-universe and has done little to nothing since apart from sending out Naga mooks for us to butcher. She's hardly more important than Gul'dan, Malygos, Kel'thuzad, KJ, C'thun, Lei Shen, Illidan, Kael'Thas or Yogg-Saron.

Plus, she doesn't even die in the raid anyway, so she can always play a role later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    You have no taste, and your opinion is objectively wrong.
    Opinions aren't supposed to be right or wrong - they're opinions. That's my opinion, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    The change to seasonal affix will do more to m+ meta than anything else.
    Nobody will take a Guardian Druid over a Clapper or decline a Rogue because of that new affix.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You can't use the word 'objectively' in an opinion

Also, I disagree - plenty of huge games that existed before/ during WoW have faded away - EQ, Runescape etc. WoW has been on top for 15 years, I think it's at it's lowest it's ever been - but it's still on top.
    Eq and runescape never really had huge playerbases, but they didn't fade anywhere. Eq and runescape are still kicking. Even ffxi which is extremely extremely niche is still turning profit

Money on Mechagon is there to setup the Mechgnome as allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    I bet there are tens of people that will be ecstatic about that.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Really wish they'd ditch this Allied race thing, but I suppose it's race change $$ and MAUs to unlock them.

1-2 races every other expac or so that you just got was much better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is low effort bait. FFXIV's combat is slower paced so the longer GCD makes sense there.

I'm really tired of all patch 8.2 discussion being plagued by FFXIV talk, and this is coming from someone who likes the FF MMOs. Competition is good for the industry and I'm glad both playerbases have something new and exciting to look forward to. Neither product is in any danger of wounding the other so I really don't understand the basis for the hostility.

Or did everyone finally get so sick of crapping all over their own game that they now have to crap on someone else's?
    eh i only brought it up cause the guy said the game is better in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Nope, never met another real person ever. Not once.

Of course, people do this, but to the extent of which Ion was doing it, was funny. I am not an Ion hater like most folks are. I loved legion, my favorite expac ever. But I found it amusing. Calm your tits.
    yes, tons of people do it, TONS and EVEN MORE then ion, its just a thing people do.

"HAHHAHA look at him, he blinks!"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

eh i only brought it up cause the guy said the game is better in every way.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, tons of people do it, TONS and EVEN MORE then ion, its just a thing people do.

"HAHHAHA look at him, he blinks!"

I bet you're really fun to have at parties with a sense of humor like that. /barf

No wonder you only sit there and troll the forums. To each their own I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet you're really fun to have at parties with a sense of humor like that. /barf

No wonder you only sit there and troll the forums. To each their own I guess.
    your literally only input on the entire thing is
    "haha, he does something a massive amount of every day people do, isn't that so funny"
    like just why?

have you never met real people?

- - - Updated - - -

have you never met real people? tons of people do this, it is not some rare thing...
    No, I have never been outside of my house. He does it excessively.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    No, I have never been outside of my house. He does it excessively.
    In public speaking is encouraged, and not only that, scientifically proven, to be good to talk with your hands. And he doesn't do it excessively at all, no more then like some TED talks speakers i've seen

your literally only input on the entire thing is
    "haha, he does something a massive amount of every day people do, isn't that so funny"
    like just why?
    Other people thought it was also funny, and I was commenting on someone else's comments agreeing with them. Hence the Ricky Bobby video/meme. So politely get off whatever donkey you rode in on, and go fuck yourself. You're trying to argue because someone found something funny, and I agreed with them. Like, don't be more pathetic than you already are man. Get over it.

A stress test, and you have to have an active sub for it? ...Why? The point of stress tests is to get as many people on as possible, and it's not like you can experience anything meaningful during that time that would justify having to pay for it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Other people thought it was also funny, and I was commenting on someone else's comments agreeing with them. Hence the Ricky Bobby video/meme. So politely get off whatever donkey you rode in on, and go fuck yourself. You're trying to argue because someone found something funny, and I agreed with them. Like, don't be more pathetic than you already are man. Get over it.
    Lots of people think dying puppies is funny... does that mean its true?
    nah, if you think something a massive amount of people world wide do is funny idk what to say mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    A stress test, and you have to have an active sub for it? ...Why? The point of stress tests is to get as many people on as possible, and it's not like you can experience anything meaningful during that time that would justify having to pay for it...
    because would you rather

they invite 100 people they know are active

or invite 100 people and 90 of them havnt played wow in years and the other 10 all belong to one dude who made 80 free accounts to have as much chance as possible to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    man you're a hateful little sh*t lol first of all looks like you liked the old boring set in stone BiS gear system, good go play classic when it drops and stop complaining about live. Second this is due to the season system, which you might not like but its not this terrible thing like you make it out to be. Progressing gear and becoming stronger is still plenty enjoyable and doing the difficult content is not boring. You had to do similar like before, grind content to get gear. I see no difference except that the cap is raised every patch. So what if you don't have a set in stone BiS, this gives more player freedom to make better combinations of gear. So if you don't even want to play the current game, then quit whining and wait for classic and you can stay stuck in the past there
    I hate only lazy game developers too set in their ways, failing to innovate, failing to listen, failing to make FUN experiences that don't involve beating your head against the ceiling. I hated the "BiS gear system" and I loath Classic because of it. That system is highly elitist and does nothing to solve the problem. The gear that was "BiS" was still made trivial when the next expansion released instead of being improvable with crafting and time.

"Progressing gear and becoming stronger..." is enjoyable so long as the gear is meaningful, worthwhile, non-trivial, which the gear in this game is not. There's nothing to customize, nothing to add, nothing of substance in the gear at all besides trivial little bumps to "trivial main-stat, trivial health-stat, trivial secondary stat 1, trivial secondary stat 2" Not everyone wants to do the same exact thing, let alone week after week, month after month. There are far better systems that could be implemented.

Seasons is a terrible system for an RPG of any kind. Making everything you just got meaningless because the next "season" has higher stats is not quality, it's not innovative and it disregards all the work you did for the gear you managed to get at the time. That's a terrible system.

Your entire argument is rage at the simple truth that WoW current and WoW Classic are just made of a vertical one-track progression system and a few facebook games that are just easy-to-make, low-effort, easily maintained systems put in place by a company that suffers greatly from the George Lucas Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    KJ while was in BC, was also just a mid expansion boss with nothing more really than the 7.2 trailer to lead into it.
    Wasn't Sunwell Plateau the last patch of BC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Wasn't Sunwell Plateau the last patch of BC?
    I did say while he was in BC (which was pretty hamfisted tbh), during Legion was also just a mid expansion boss with nothing more really than the patch trailer to lead into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But Blizzard literally said Azshara is the Gul'dan of the expansion, and in terms of scope she's quite similar, being an ambitious powermonger who shack up with evil entities for their own gains. Azshara has been relevant once, 10 000 years ago in-universe and has done little to nothing since apart from sending out Naga mooks for us to butcher. She's hardly more important than Gul'dan, Malygos, Kel'thuzad, KJ, C'thun, Lei Shen, Illidan, Kael'Thas or Yogg-Saron.

Plus, she doesn't even die in the raid anyway, so she can always play a role later on.
    Debatable, especially since it's been stated Azshara was more powerful than Deathwing, and Deathwing himself was the final boss and focal point of the expansion he featured in. Given what we've seen Sargegas perceive of Azshara, she's on the level or Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, worthy of his service and respect, hardly the qualities a Gul'dan would possess who is nothing more to Sargeras than the lowest of disposable servants and not a high ranking lieutenant or a respectable powerful mortal as he saw Azshara to be.

I still don't see how Garrosh should have been the final boss over Lei-Shen, or how Azshara should precede N'zoth. The Lich King did not precede Yogg-saron, and while Azshara is nowhere near as popular as Arthas, she is still more popular and important story-wise than N'zoth who essentially serves the same role as the other 4 interchangeable Old Gods who are nothing more than 2-dimensional plot devices spewing cheese ball lines from their 20 mouths and 30 eyeballs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I did say while he was in BC (which was pretty hamfisted tbh), during Legion was also just a mid expansion boss with nothing more really than the patch trailer to lead into it.
    Well he was at least the final boss of BC. It was only ok, in my opinion anyway, for him to be a mid-expansion boss in Legion when I, and many others (foolishly) thought that would be because Sargeras would be the final boss of Legion... then they pulled Argus the Unmaker out of the same ass that Void Elves came out of and the rest is history.