Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind how far they push back major patches/expansions as long as there is something to do in between. I loved MoP, but I couldn't wait to start WoD because of how long the final patch lasted. Meanwhile at the end of Legion I didn't mind waiting even longer for BfA, because I still had so much to do.

Only if there was other content delivered during that time period. We've had one 14 month content drought during 6.2 (Tanaan & Hellfire Citadel) and it was arguably Warcraft's lowest point so far.

I don't really care about an old world revamp that much. What improvements would that bring over the Cata one that are worth sacrificing the giant amounts of development time needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Would you be okay with a delay of 9.0 if it meant a old world revamp, class overhaul, level squish, etc..

I’m just curious if people would be willing to wait a extra year if it meant getting what they wanted,
    People dont want those things so thats a waste of time
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

yeah fine with me, if they needed the time take it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

They would only really be able to push it back a year if they released an 8.4 and 8.4.5 (raid) to fill the extra year. Or something. Having a year + with no new content isn't really acceptable any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Better than getting a 4th trash expansion in a row.
    If you think there's been 4 trash expansions in a row you're probably not going to like what they have planned for the next one either... their design goal has changed.

As for the OPs questions... pretty sure with how shit BfA is a 1 to 1.5 year drought that would be caused by this would probably harm the game WAY too much.

so a 2 year gap between 8.4 and 9.0 instead of the normal 1? that will go over well.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Absolutely. I'd play as much as I feel I want to play, then unsubscribe until the 9.0 is ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you think there's been 4 trash expansions in a row you're probably not going to like what they have planned for the next one either... their design goal has changed.

As for the OPs questions... pretty sure with how shit BfA is a 1 to 1.5 year drought that would be caused by this would probably harm the game WAY too much.
    Don't presume to know me.

WoD was trash because it didn't have enough content.

Legion and BFA have plenty of content but have trash class design, which holds back everything else in the game because our classes are the vessel through which we interface with every form of content. Ion admitted yesterday that they are failing on class design and claims they want to fix that. If they actually do the things he talked about wanting to do yesterday I would be quite happy.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Would you be okay with a delay of 9.0 if it meant a old world revamp, class overhaul, level squish, etc..

I’m just curious if people would be willing to wait a extra year if it meant getting what they wanted,
    im willing to wait a year because im enjoying BFA to much and got what i wanted even before 8.2 ftw.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Better than getting a 4th trash expansion in a row.
    They don't have to.. Not if they try to spread the 9.0 system changes in atleast +1-1.5 patch of BfA as part of pre-purchase and preparation for 9.0 and include a prelude quest similar to Sargeras sword and Burning of Teldrassil and perhaps a bridge raid similar to SWP or Ruby Sanctum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They don't have to.. Not if they try to spread the 9.0 system changes in atleast +1-1.5 patch of BfA as part of pre-purchase and preparation for 9.0 and include a prelude quest similar to Sargeras sword and Burning of Teldrassil and perhaps a bridge raid similar to SWP or Ruby Sanctum.
    Complete class overhauls aren't something that gets done mid expansion, ever.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

If it fixed the game hell yeah it needs it.

Complete class overhauls aren't something that gets done mid expansion, ever.
    At this point though they should REALLY rethink that... Classes are the worst part of the shit pile that is BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

No course of action by Blizzard will satisfy the folks... Because we of course believe we know far better what Blizzard should do because we know we are right and Blizzard is staffed by a bunch of idiots.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-06-19 at 05:38 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

if they add another 1-2 raidtiers in that year sure why not.

if it's a year on content draught on top of the usual end expansion draught... don't think the delay will be worth it lol there won't be anything left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just be playing classic, so it wouldn't bother me.

Sure, if they release large high-quality 8.4, 8.5, and 8.6 patches with tons of content. Otherwise no.

they could push it back indefinitely for all i care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Absolutely. Hopefully it would shake up the lore enough to the point where I could block BfA out of my memory. Though overall I'd rather push a world revamp back until the terrible trio of Golden, Danuser and Afrasiabi are all gone so that the game can truly heal.