Heritage armor questions...

I'm about to finally get exalted with Zandalari and my first order of business will be to switch my darkspear troll over. Question is, am I effectively cutting myself out of the darkspear heritage stuff, whenever that's released? Furthermore, I have a level 104 warrior and I was going to switch to Mag'har. Will I get the Mag'har heritage armor when I hit 110 or does it have to be a 'true' Mag'har, rolled and leveled end to end?

I have a number of race changes in mind but I don't want to screw myself out of sets I would auto-get by just keeping the roster I have now. Nor would I want to race change several pre-110 characters only to find out the sets aren't available to them after all, once they hit 110.

Anyone have any experience with this? I really want a Zandalari troll shaman. And I don't want to have to wait a year for the darkspear heritage stuff, if it's ever released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure the levelling needs to be done AFTER the heritage armor is implemented.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I think for Allied Races you have to level from beginning to end (20-120) on that race to get the armor.

But with Main races I think you just get the quest at max level, with no other requirements needed, but I could be wrong.

In order to get the heritage armor you need to level a character of the race you want the armor for from 20 to 110.

Once you have done that it unlocks for all characters of that race though.

Any non-allied race just needs 1 at 120 when the Heritage armor releases to earn it.

Allied races must be started and leveled from 20-110
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

For allied race heritage armor, you need to level one from 20 to 120, otherwise you won't get it.

For ordinary races you just need to be exalted with your main capital city, Silvermoon for Blood Elves for example. Doesn't matter what way you get that reputation as long as you are exalted and level 120.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm fairly sure the levelling needs to be done AFTER the heritage armor is implemented.
    it didnt with my belf. not sure about race changes tho. but as it stands, core race heritage stuff just need a race at max and exalted with their faction.

OP as far as heritage armor for ALLIED races, you have to level 20-110 as that allied race, no race changes or boosts at all

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

So basically if I race change now, I'll lose the ability to obtain Darkspear troll heritage stuff. Whenever that's released and unless I roll another 'normal' troll. That seems like a flawed system.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    So basically if I race change now, I'll lose the ability to obtain Darkspear troll heritage stuff. Whenever that's released and unless I roll another 'normal' troll. That seems like a flawed system.
    Why would you want to have a heritage armor for a Darkpear troll if tou wouldn't have any Darkspear troll character? Eventualy each race will get one and that's it.

For any Allied Race you need to level without a boost from 20 to 110. That's the only requirement.

For any Core Race you need to have a character of a specific race at 120 with it's city/faction exalted reputation. It doesn't matter how you get to 120, boost, race change. All that matters that it has to be the correct race.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but after receiving the heritage armor, you can only use it in a character of the same race, no? So, if you get the darkspear troll heritage, you can only use it with characters that are also darkspear trolls. That means if you race change now or after you wouldn't be able to use it in your zandalari troll character anyways. Or did I understand that wrong?
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 2019-06-19 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but just to be clear, once the armor is unlocked, it can be used on anyone of that race.

For example, if you unlock Mag'har armor on your 120, if you start another level 20 Mag'har, they will have access to the armor immediately.

"am I effectively cutting myself out of the darkspear heritage stuff, whenever that's released?"

Yes. You'll need a darkspear at max level and maxed rep with the darkspear to unlock it. You won't have one if that was your only darkspear character, and your zandalari won't be able to wear the DS heritage armor.

"and I was going to switch to Mag'har. Will I get the Mag'har heritage armor when I hit 110 or does it have to be a 'true' Mag'har, rolled and leveled end to end? "

Has to be true. Though if you leveled a true mag'har to max level, unlocked the armor, then character swapped your 104 warrior to mag'har, he would be able to wear it. He would no longer be able to wear or unlock orcish heritage armor should that come out.

TL;DR Once the armor is unlocked, it's unlocked forever, but can only be worn by that race, and has to be unlocked by leveling that race from scratch. (with the exception of older non-allied races, who so far only need to reach 110 and exalted with their race.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I think for Allied Races you have to level from beginning to end (20-120) on that race to get the armor.

But with Main races I think you just get the quest at max level, with no other requirements needed, but I could be wrong.
    This is correct.

As an addon - for main race, you need to be exalted with the corresponding faction as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    I didn't see anyone else mention it, but just to be clear, once the armor is unlocked, it can be used on anyone of that race.

For example, if you unlock Mag'har armor on your 120, if you start another level 20 Mag'har, they will have access to the armor immediately.
    Correct. On any server, any Maghar, new or converted, present or future. All of them will have access to the heritage armor once unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.