Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've done several TW over the past couple cycles and noticed:

1. Many people doing TW are the LFD/LFR type player with low WoW IQ
    2. Many people don't realize the TW scaling gimps you down (i.e. tanks are really squishy)
    3. The rush/go-go/pull everything mentality doesn't work in TW unless you're a decent players

Even if it's no longer quite as potent as it used to be, I still enjoy running timewalking with a set of gear specialized for maximizing performance.

Things like warglaives in TBC TW, WoD pre-legendary ring, ICC rep ring, legion 2p set bonus and legendaries, arcano and the trinket from Tanaan Jungle world boss, as well as generally gemmed out gear with preferably TBC dual stat gems all make a huge difference. I'm usually doing at least 50% of the group's damage.

If everyone optimized even half as much as I do, I can only imagine how easy a pull like the above mentioned would be. And that is already quite doable with proper use of LoS and CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

You need to take those bad feelings and push them deep, deep down into the pit of your stomach. Then, when you can't take it anymore, go to the mmo-champion forums and unload. That's the best way to deal with the 50% of people that are below average.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Exactly, no Expansions Heroic 5man dungeons were harder than the one from Burning Crusade.
    pre nerf Arcatraz was soul destroying, also all of the cata heroics at start

These threads come up every time there's TBC TW up. Pretty much everyone with half a brain, who does more than 1 TW per event, agrees that TBC TW is overtuned as hell compared to other expansions.

Personally, I usually play healers in TWs, and I can spend about 80% of the time dpsing instead of healing, depending on the group. While during TBC TWs, I can't stop healing for more than 2 seconds, or the tank will die. Even a geared, careful tank. So...yeah. Slight difference. Just avoid TBC TWs, and wait for Wotlk, you will save time, nerves, and gold.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Exactly, no Expansions Heroic 5man dungeons were harder than the one from Burning Crusade. If you overgear the Dungeons they get a AoE fest really fast.
    But on Timewalking you are not Overgeared, if you dont build yourself a Special All Destroying TimeWalking set. I can Imagine on Magisters Terrace you are even a bit Undergeared as it was quite a bit Harder than the Previous Heroics in TBC.

The Groups Ayla Mentioned definitely so. If you dont Pull them Properly, (E.g. Pull them and run behind cover so they come to you), for one:
    You will most likely aggro another Group. (Which spirals at that point out of control quite fast).
    And you wont be able to AoE them down Properly if you decide to pull all 3 Groups, which results in the Casters gaining extreme Stacks of "Faster Casting" which just obliterates you.

But seriously, the few times I actually did TimeWalking, I got the feeling almost no one who still plays Played TBC, or actually remember how stuff worked back than.
    "Pull Everything together and AoE", first started in WotLK, (Maybe with the Exception of the then rather rare MH/BT/Sunwell equipped people.)
    Yeah, this is my experience as well. And it is especially in TBC TW where I can see that people either didn't play that expansion, or don't remember how it was. One of the reasons why TBC TW is the one I actually like doing(Nostalgia ftw) is because some packs and some dungeons reminds me how it was back then. Every other TW we have is way too easy for my taste. Did 5 on my main when WoD was up last time, what a snorefest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You realize in TBC we were pulling 2-3 packs in there all the time? Why would now be any different? TBC heroics weren't hard then and they aren't hard now. If you are struggling that much then you might want to look into what you can do to make it smoother because it sounds like you might be part of the problem.
    No you weren't. You weren't doing mass pulls in late TBC, decked in Black Temple gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Ok, go record pulling 3 packs in magister's terrace that are between the second and third boss in the gardens there. I'd like to see you survive 3 packs of those.
    The damage output from TW isn't awful, about what I'd expect from a +10. Depending on the tank I'm playing on I'll do 2 pack pulls pretty consistently.
    The issue is most people don't play that level of content (not saying +10 is hard, but most aren't playing it) and they look at tw as a chance to gear. They are already entering the dungeon poorly geared and likely not proficient at the class they play.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The damage output from TW isn't awful, about what I'd expect from a +10. Depending on the tank I'm playing on I'll do 2 pack pulls pretty consistently.
    Out of Curiosity, not saying that pulling two groups at that point is impossiblee, but why are you just doing empty claims?

I´m like 80% certain any (not Premade) group, that pulls at that point two or all three groups will:
    A: Either waste alot of time on them.
    or
    B: Die after wasting alot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The issue is most people don't play that level of content ... and they look at tw as a chance to gear. They are already entering the dungeon poorly geared and likely not proficient at the class they play.
    Yup, you know exactly what you are talking about.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2019-06-19 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others mentioned, I generally find success asking people to rein it in a little bit while we get a feel for the dungeon. Yes, MgT is like a decade old or so at this point, but by the same token, it's a decade old. I would wager most players are not familiar with how BC Heroics work at-level, nor with WotLK Heroics at-level. Either they've forgotten because it's been forever and a day, or they joined too late to experience those when they were relevant. Their only real experiences with these dungeons outside Timewalking are likely the Normal leveling mode and soloing for transmog, achievements, pets, titles, and mounts at cap, neither of which are entirely representative of doing the Heroics at-level with a scaled item level.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Of all dungeons you pick magister terrace, the easiest one. haha
    They're not wrong about that pack though.

Unless you're a paladin tank and get really lucky with shield resets, chances are the group is dying if those 3 packs are pulled together.

And even if you try to skip the middle one, there's always someone who aggros it.

Out of Curiosity, not saying that pulling two groups at that point is impossiblee, but why are you just doing empty claims?

I´m like 80% certain any (not Premade) group, that pulls at that point two or all three groups will:
    A: Either waste alot of time on them.
    or
    B: Die after wasting alot of time.

Yup, you know exactly what you are talking about.
    I don't really know what your problem is, I'll pull 2 with cooldowns, if the healer is struggling, I'll stop. Aoeing 2 groups is a bit faster, depending on the dungeon I might not because of their stuns/charms/etc

Gearing I am talking about stat wise, most people in tw are just running through in borderline leveling gear or heroic dungeon stuff. Their stats aren't right and they may have poor azerite gear.
    If I'm tanking on a character I raid or mythic+ on, the damage output isn't crazy. It's at least not bad enough where I'll die to a 2 pack if the healer or everyone else isn't that great.
    I get ilvl is normalized, but stats are stats,even if they are down 10% from their norm.

The problem isn't that people aren't playing like they would in BC, the problem is that they are playing like they have been since Timewalking was introduced.

When they did the level squish they screwed up Timewalking and the rewards no longer match the time investment.

So yeah, people are still going in and doing an AoE fest, because that's how Blizz taught them TW dungeons should be played since they were introduced.

The past year i noticed that TBC TW much harder and slower than any other TW events, usually Wotlk, Cata, Panda TW dungeons take 10-15 mins to complete and WoD dungeons took like 20-25 mins, while TBC dungeons takes 35-40 mins and its the same 3-4 boss dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Did you ever whisper them and tell them not to do that? Like a quick "hey, just in these dungeons we take a lot more damage then normal ones. Only do one pack at a time". Legitimately has not failed me yet
    I've tried to politely tell people things, and usually ends with no comment, and still doing it, or "i pay for my sub, thanks".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go into MT TW, record pulling those 3 packs.
    I really hope someone does that for you, I'd do it myself if I was home. I always pull those 3 packs and I have for as long as TW MgT has been a thing as have most groups that I've been in. I'm not sure why you think those 3 groups are any more lethal than the other billion mobs that you pull at the same time before that point? Even when someone pulls a group or two plus whatsherfaceboss it's not that bad.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

How can people be so bad at playing old content? I tried to heal first but the tanks I got were atrocious, they pulled like as if it was normal dungeons while lvling and we kept wiping because of it. So, I decided to tank. I pull like you did in TBC to avoid those mass pull wipes. What happens then? Oh, I get a healer that can't heal. Leaves me with no healing for a long time, as a brewmaster monk. Then tries to catch up when I'm on low hp and I inevitably die. So, I go back to healing. Get tanks mass pulling again.

How the fuck do people think those dungeons work? That you can just mass pull when you can't outgear it? Why do they think they can just leave the tank with no healing over an extended period of time? Not all tanks are paladins or blood DKs.
    Nice blog post.

Also, i find it amusing as its always the other's role fault, and they are always the ones to blame, makes absolute sense, and i see nothing 'weird' there.

TW is a bit odd because the difficulty of TW hasn't been super consistent since it was introduced. I mean there's been times it has been very easy and you could chain pull, but currently it's a bit harder if you get a braindead group who doesn't know interrupts or stuns. The thing is even if you're a good player yourself and you use your utility (whether it's stuns or interrupts or missdirects or w/e) it will only get you so far unless the rest of the group does something too.

I haven't healed them but I have tanked them and I try to not pull more than 2 packs at the time because I know that some of the packs have nasty abilities like silence and similar that really can screw you over.

Before they ripped out legacy sets timewalking was sooo laid back, then it got a little dicey.
    Now its filled with low level dead weight who cant heal, dps or tank for shit. My holy priest does 1.2k dps in current tw dungeons, i top dps as a healer....

As for complaining about bad players, blizzard match low skilled players with higher skilled players on purpose, and mmoc is full of people i hope to never interact with in the game, baddies who play world of socialjustice craft and you cant criticize them or they will report you and kick you from the group, classic soy move.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No you weren't. You weren't doing mass pulls in late TBC, decked in Black Temple gear.
    Just because you weren't doesn't mean a lot of the player base was or couldn't. You make it sound like a lot of the content is hard. It's not really that hard, heck not even Classic was hard. There's a difference between things being time consuming and hard. This game definitely isn't in the hard category for dungeons.