Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because then people will make thousands of accounts to get into beta.
    Would that not be a good thing for a stress test?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    But by that logic PTR should require an active subscription, but it doesn't - it just needs you to have bought the expansion and subbed once during it - at least that's how it has worked since like, WotLK.
    What do you expect?! Classic isn't the main game, so of course it isn't treated the same.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Stress test over, went well - no queues, no lag anything

7+ Year Old Account
    But by that logic PTR should require an active subscription, but it doesn't - it just needs you to have bought the expansion and subbed once during it - at least that's how it has worked since like, WotLK.

What they said.
    thing is ptr is open for EVERYONE it is not a beta, they want as much feedback as possible, beta's it is content that is usually VERY different from what the players are used to

(a ptr can only change so much)

so they want EVERYONE to test somethign that a player knows most of, but they only want choice people to test NEW stuff.

same happens with beta on live. they dont invite everyone liek they do with PTR
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    The beta, not the stress test. The stress test is only going to last a short amount of time, it's about people trying to game the system to get into the more "long term" beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What do you expect?! Classic isn't the main game, so of course it isn't treated the same.
    Yet all of this support for Classic came from people who play(ed) WoW and supported it for all these years - or used to anyways. I would've expected if you actually bought BfA and paid a sub for it they'd let you join the stress test as well - maybe the last major one they will.

thing is ptr is open for EVERYONE it is not a beta, they want as much feedback as possible, beta's it is content that is usually VERY different from what the players are used to

(a ptr can only change so much)

so they want EVERYONE to test somethign that a player knows most of, but they only want choice people to test NEW stuff.

same happens with beta on live. they dont invite everyone liek they do with PTR
    But isn't a stress test not a beta? It's not like you're going to be able to do much in 3 days, especially with classic.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, think of it this way

you make a bullet proof vest, you want to stress test it, see where its weaknesses and faults are.
    do you
    A. start with an anti armor tank shell? no because 1. of fucking course it will break and 2. it will DECIMATE the bullet proof vest, meaning there is NO WAY to tell what the failing point was, because THE ENTIRE THING FAILS

B. start with a bb gun, and move up and up in power until you have a failure, and can detect what the failing point is and how to fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet all of this support for Classic came from people who play(ed) WoW and supported it for all these years - or used to anyways. I would've expected if you actually bought BfA and paid a sub for it they'd let you join the stress test as well - maybe the last major one they will.

But isn't a stress test not a beta? It's not like you're going to be able to do much in 3 days, especially with classic.
    look above for why they only invite limited people

look above for why they only invite limited people
    I was under the impression that this stress test was open to a much larger pool of people, if not anyone who was willing to subscribe. I currently can play it if I subscribe, but I'm not going to fall for that trap with 8.2 around the corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratherion View Post
    Isn't it awful to ask game subscription for classic stress testing ? We are just going to test it and game is coming after 2 months and i'm not playing retail.
    No, its not 'awful' not at all. It's a smart business decision. So you want something (access to classic) for nothing (no subscription). No shame in admitting that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The beta, not the stress test. The stress test is only going to last a short amount of time, it's about people trying to game the system to get into the more "long term" beta.
    Yes, but the topic is for the stresstest on the beta. They can just make it so only beta testers can play after the stresstest is done.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that this stress test was open to a much larger pool of people, if not anyone who was willing to subscribe. I currently can play it if I subscribe, but I'm not going to fall for that trap with 8.2 around the corner.
    it is open to a TON of people, but not "literally everyone"

it is open to a TON of people, but not "literally everyone"
    Well, do we both know how open it is? I wouldn't be shocked if it's open to anyone who owns BFA. But of course, you have subscribe to actually play it. That's a limiting factor enough, I imagine.

Or maybe it's open to literally anyone who is willing to pay for a subscription. I can't be bothered to create a new account to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If they want to limit their testing capabilities that's up to them, I was hoping to test a few classes to help me pick a main, guess I'll have to wait until august.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, people paid sub to beta test bfa for 10 months. Might as well carry on the tradition.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I almost want to activate my account to "stress" test my computer. Not sure if my old pile can even run the new client.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I almost want to activate my account to "stress" test my computer. Not sure if my old pile can even run the new client.
    You can play retail up to level 20 without paying a sub. After 20 you wont get any more exp on the char.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's a STRESS test... they should be accommodating to have as many people in it as possible...
    Psst, they don't need as many people as you think they need for a stress test.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can play retail up to level 20 without paying a sub. After 20 you wont get any more exp on the char.
    thanks,, I will try that. Probably safe to assume that if I can run the trial account, then it should be fine for Classic.
    Operation Red Wing

Yes, it's awful that a stress test is barring itself behind a subscription but it's clearly done to gain a lot more accounts and have people try out 8.2
    Maybe not everything is a conspiracy. Maybe, just maybe, without the subscription barrier way too many people would participate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's a STRESS test... they should be accommodating to have as many people in it as possible...
    If a server can handle 10k people, they want maybe 20-50k not 1 million. BUT surely you can enlighten us with your multi-billion video game company experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    thanks,, I will try that. Probably safe to assume that if I can run the trial account, then it should be fine for Classic.
    I would say so yea.