Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Np.

Ontopic: From what I have watched my only complaint so far is the lack of Xp on kill showing up. I do wonder if its a item u get later that does it but it would be nice to see how much XP u get per kill.
    This has never been a thing in Castlevania games afaik.

I've seen some very positive initial buzz about this online. I suspect it will get good/great reviews just based on user sentiment so far. It makes me wish they had sent out review copies, but I understand the desire to have the game reviewed with the day 1 patch to prevent point deductions for bugs.

Finally a kickstarter game that really paid off huge. This is great.

I suspect the buzz will start to move over to news sites later today and tomorrow as reviews start to roll out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The background animation and design looks lovely... IT was the first thing I noticed about it
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

3+ Year Old Account
    Update the status, I've bought the game last evening, played 3hrs but just the early stage of the game. First, the music is amazing! Then, the playing mechanism of the game
    is also great, standard Adventure RPG games, collecting demon shards and essence from the monsters, forging weapons and items, cooking meals. A lot to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    This has never been a thing in Castlevania games afaik.
    Ok and?

You improve upon things not just repeat them, A huge amount of things in this game has never been a thing in a Castlevania game.

ontopic: The game is going to be hard to find physically. Our store only got 4 copies, Two was gone before I got in today with one being a reserve.

I fully expect the Switch port to be even harder to find.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-06-20 at 01:56 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

holy shit is it released finally? gotta buy it on steam! why did I not get a mail about this from steam ffs.
    i really hope sound track is as good as previous castlevanias. %93 postive review from a a total of 1890 users. fuck yes. insta buying tonight.
    Last edited by Gref; 2019-06-20 at 02:00 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok and?

You improve upon things not just repeat them, A huge amount of things in this game has never been a thing in a Castlevania game.

ontopic: The game is going to be hard to find physically. Our store only got 4 copies, Two was gone before I got in today with one being a reserve.

You might only try download version~

Quote Originally Posted by DevilTrigger1989 View Post
    You might only try download version~
    ????

/10char
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

3+ Year Old Account
    ????

/10char
    I mean if no physical version available, you can try to purchase and download from steam if you are PC gamer, PSN if you are PS4 series gamer,vice versa.

I mean if no physical version available, you can try to purchase and download from steam if you are PC gamer, PSN if you are PS4 series gamer,vice versa.
    Ya that's a given but some people do still like owning the things they buy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ya that's a given but some people do still like owning the things they buy.
    Understood, you might try stores of nearby towns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    I want this to be a good game, but after Dead Cells, which has basically set the new standard in platforming combat, this looks painfully slow and boring.
    I haven't played it yet but I've watched a few vids of it, and I have to agree. Dead Cells set the new precedent for Metroidvania games, and this game is just slow and clunky compared to it. The movement, especially jumping, made me want to punch my screen. Looks so freaking stiff and artificial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I haven't played it yet but I've watched a few vids of it, and I have to agree. Dead Cells set the new precedent for Metroidvania games, and this game is just slow and clunky compared to it. The movement, especially jumping, made me want to punch my screen. Looks so freaking stiff and artificial.
    Dead Cells is more a roguelike than a metroidvania imho, and i have both games and i love both games.

Bloodstained plays like soulsike games, with deliberately slow patterns you have to avoid and wait for the right opportunity. Dead Cells is way faster because since every time you die you "restart", it would just have been a drag.

Perfectly fine with people liking faster gameplay, but i don't see the slower pace of Bloodstained as an issue personally. Actually makes more sense for an IgaVania game.

EDIT: only thing i'd really change is the speed/travel distance of the "evade" maneuver. Currently feels like useless.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Dead Cells is more a roguelike than a metroidvania imho, and i have both games and i love both games.

Bloodstained plays like soulsike games, with deliberately slow patterns you have to avoid and wait for the right opportunity. Dead Cells is way faster because since every time you die you "restart", it would just have been a drag.

Perfectly fine with people liking faster gameplay, but i don't see the slower pace of Bloodstained as an issue personally. Actually makes more sense for an IgaVania game.

EDIT: only thing i'd really change is the speed/travel distance of the "evade" maneuver. Currently feels like useless.
    Seems like I've never use the evade, just jump-slash-magic-jump-slash.

Seems like I've never use the evade, just jump-slash-magic-jump-slash.
    Also, i'm at just the beginning, but some magics like the drill sword or the ghost are really good - one is a fast hitting melee range channel, the other is a auto aim projectile.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

3+ Year Old Account
    Also, i'm at just the beginning, but some magics like the drill sword or the ghost are really good - one is a fast hitting melee range channel, the other is a auto aim projectile.
    I am at the beginning stages, too. Now have got rotating sword and flying pigs in use. The flying pigs are high damage, medium mana consumption skill to kill armor type enemy quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok and?

Open up the demon archive and you'll see the EXP per enemy after you murder one of em.

Just ram face in and win!

Finished the game already and it's great. I'm stuck at 99.90%... need to finish wall humping for that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Open up the demon archive and you'll see the EXP per enemy after you murder one of em.
    I mean kill a enemy and the XP number pops up over their head or something. Not needing to look in a menu for it.

(To be clear I have only watched a stream of the game, I have yet to put it in myself) So if u can actual set it up where XP pops up on kill then that's great.

May get around to playing it later tonight.

I've just about finished up the base game besides a couple of the optional bosses and overall it's pretty good. My biggest criticism is that it barely improves at all on Symphony of the Night (and visually it's far weaker), which is a common problem a lot of metroidvanias have. It did kind of pitch itself as a throwback to the past, though, so I can't be too peeved, and Igarashi has never innovated all that much with his 'vania games. I can understand why they'd want to play it safe with this one and just stick to recreating the things that people loved about the old games.

That being said, compared to the modern metroidvanias that have really pushed the genre forward Bloodstained feels borderline archaic. It's fun and enjoyable, and I think it'll end up being incredibly content-rich once all the stretch goals are in, but it barely holds a candle to games like Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Dead Cells, or Salt and Sanctuary. I'd be really curious to see what Igarashi might do for his next project if he felt less obligated to recreate the Castlevania formula.

I think a really good example of this that kind of sums it up perfectly is the in-game map. It's cute that it looks the same as it did in the old games, but it's really bad compared to the modern equivalents in some metroidvanias that more accurately depict the environment, allowing you to easily picture the locations in your mind and recall where you might want to go or what you wanted to explore the last time you were there.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2019-06-21 at 03:15 AM.

I have to be honest, after playing Deadcells, Hollow Knight, Ori, amd even Salt & Sanctuary.....Bloodstained just feels clunky. The combat is not smooth. The platforming isn't very good either.

However, I do like the RPG parts of it. Skills and weapons amd shards to customize gameplay.

But the animations...oof. Not so great.

All in all this really should be a $15 title.