Poll: What do you think of the Revamp?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    LFR killed raiding. It used to mean something to experience raid content but now basically anyone can do it. The game is inherently competitive and if you're not constantly measuring yourself against other players, there's no incentive to keep gearing up.

Mythic Raider: "I killed 'x' boss yesterday with my guild!"

LFR Player: "I killed them last week in an alt run."

Mythic Raider: "Yeah, but we did it on MYTHIC!!"

LFR Players: "Who gives a shit, it's the same content and I basically get to see it at the same pace as you do."

Mythic raider starts calling the LFR dude 'bad' and other colorful names in order to validate his weekly 20 hour/week raid schedule.
    except most lfr players hardly interracts with mythic players. Lfr was made for people who would never have set foot in a raid in the first place. No one replaced proper raiding with lfr. Lfr was opened up to people who never raided. Lfr hasn't changed anything for raiders. m+, Tf and shit like that on the other hand, has impacted raiding hard

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    except most lfr players hardly interracts with mythic players. Lfr was made for people who would never have set foot in a raid in the first place. No one replaced proper raiding with lfr. Lfr was opened up to people who never raided. Lfr hasn't changed anything for raiders. m+, Tf and shit like that on the other hand, has impacted raiding hard
    Not true. I actually gave up 'normal' raiding because of LFR. I raided mainly to see content and for the social aspect of it, which I could still do in LFR but at my own pace/schedule. I know quite a few people actually who I used to raid with in Vanilla/BC/Wrath but grew up, have jobs, kids, etc. now and can't be bothered with a 20+ hour/week raid schedule. I'm in a mythic raiding guild and interact with the raiders all of the time.

I understand what they do but I guess I just don't feel a need to play through the content in 2 or 3 different ways for minor gear upgrades that are made irrelevant with each new tier of raiding/content patch. It just doesn't make sense to me any more and, statistically, it doesn't make sense to most others when you consider the raid numbers now versus 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozach View Post
    Not true. I actually gave up 'normal' raiding because of LFR. I raided mainly to see content and for the social aspect of it, which I could still do in LFR but at my own pace/schedule. I know quite a few people actually who I used to raid with in Vanilla/BC/Wrath but grew up, have jobs, kids, etc. now and can't be bothered with a 20+ hour/week raid schedule. I'm in a mythic raiding guild and interact with the raiders all of the time.

I understand what they do but I guess I just don't feel a need to play through the content in 2 or 3 different ways for minor gear upgrades that are made irrelevant with each new tier of raiding/content patch. It just doesn't make sense to me any more and, statistically, it doesn't make sense to most others when you consider the raid numbers now versus 10 years ago.
    i should have worded it a bit different. But You are sorta proving my point, altho, i may not have been able to get that point through clear enough. Lfr is made for people like you, who can't stick to a schedule and only raids to see the content. And thats what i tried to get out. No one replaced normal scheduled raiding for gear etc to go lfr only, but people like yourself who only raided to see the content.

I think the most detrimental part that is ruining raiding is m+ and titanforging. That is killing mythic and heroic raiding. Not really lfr. Cause like you say, why raid mythic 2-4 times a week. For several hours and you might not even get a boss down, when you can just go m+ or heroic and easily get gear almost the same ilvl. Mostly m+, you still need to be lucky to get TF gear to mythic level. This far in bfa ive got 1 item myself. Thats 1 item out of quite a bunch