8.2 and essences?

So, what essences will be our prefered ones for our respective specs?

I havent really spent much time investigating what all the essences do exactly, but those of you that have, what essences will you pick for your spec, and why?

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother. The entire system will be removed in 9.0. Retroactively.

I actually don't know, as far as I know you need to invest time in content to upgrade essences, so before 8.2 I want to know what will be better for my fury warrior, I need to read about them all and decide, then farm or do what I need to upgrade them!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Don't bother. The entire system will be removed in 9.0. Retroactively.
    why so edgy?

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I actually don't know, as far as I know you need to invest time in content to upgrade essences, so before 8.2 I want to know what will be better for my fury warrior, I need to read about them all and decide, then farm or do what I need to upgrade them!

why so edgy?

3+ Year Old Account

why so edgy?
    Because the same thing happened with artifact weapons when 8.0 hit? It will happen again. Laugh at me all you want, but come 9.0 all of this will be undone and you will be left with nothing to show for your efforts.

Because the same thing happened with artifact weapons when 8.0 hit? It will happen again. Laugh at me all you want, but come 9.0 all of this will be undone and you will be left with nothing to show for your efforts.
    I wouldn't laugh at you, I understand you, but he wasn't asking if was it worth farming the essences or if they would stay for 9.0

3+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't laugh at you, I understand you, but he wasn't asking if was it worth farming the essences or if they would stay for 9.0
    That's true. My stance on the matter is to not overthink, or invest overly large ammount of time in, a system that will only stay for half an expansion. I admit it might not be the most helpful answer, but it has its uses.

Because the same thing happened with artifact weapons when 8.0 hit?
    And we were told before Legion that Artifact Weapons would be an expansion feature, not a complete replacement of weapons altogether. Of course Essences will not be relevant beyond BfA, save some visual aspects, just like Artifact Weapons.
    I mean, you sound like someone who complains when a new raid makes your previous items "worthless".

I saw a post on Storm, Earth and Lava but it was from like april.