Poll: Should WoW have a WoW 2 1.x?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No.

I love my collections and it's the main reason I'm playing WoW. I would have to very strongly debate joining another wow-like game from the scratch. And I'd probably just stick with the old one as long as it would have been supported

wow 2 is already in development, you guys have phones right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    I like how you left out the simple "No". I'm not resisting change and I'm not calling you crazy, but still I feel like it's a big fat no.

Collecting shit might not be fun.. for you. But I know a shit ton of other people, including myself, that love doing it.

Also if they shut down WoW and made WoW 2, what would happen to the years of effort people put into their mounts? How about the money some people spent on their TCG stuff? Those haven't been cheap for quite a lot of years due to being discontinued so many years ago. Oh wait, I forgot. It's not your problem since you don't enjoy those things, so it's "fine".
    You know at some point wow servers are gonna shutdown so all your virtual goodies are gonna disappear anyway and the money spent for them will be lost ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    You know at some point wow servers are gonna shutdown so all your virtual goodies are gonna disappear anyway and the money spent for them will be lost ?
    You know at some point you're going to die and everything you did in life will be lost?

a wow 2 reset has to happen, let all the nostalgia guys in the actual wow, make another, more money

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think the premise of the OP is spot on.

The game SHOULD have a rest every few expansions... for instance... at the end of BfA, there could be an unavoidable cataclysmic event that destroys Azeroth.

Khadgar, Jana, and Thrall work together to construct a new portal called the "Portal of Hope" that whisks the traveler to a completely brand new world. Problem is... the portal cannot transport anything but the character dressed in special "level 1 gear" that can survive the teleportation.

So bascially you teleport to a whole new world as a level 1, and begin leveling all over again. You are broke, have nothing but base talents, and no mounts. Not even Azeroth mounts.

BUT, this time they change the game back towards earlier WoW design principles. It would open up whoel new lore opportunities.. new characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    In a world where Blizz actually cared about the game first and profit second, this would have already happened.

However, we do not live in that world. Blizz is a large corporation. What matters is profit first and the quality of the game second. If they can shovel out pure garbage and make large margins long-term, they will happily do that.

As it is, they are riding a balance. A completely quick cash grab usually annoys their customer base too much, and they will lose out within their long-term outlook time frame (roughly 2 years). So, the approach is to kick out games that only take moderate effort, but look and play fairly polished instead. This reduces their cost dramatically, while pulling in a lot of money.

So when we look at what has released since WoW first launched we find mostly greed.

This is why they release SC 2 still using ramps / tiers when 3D terrain has been used since SC 1 (i.e. done as lazy as they could for a new game), and split into 3 release from the get go (profits). Diablo III is mostly the same as DII (so fairly lazy), and really pushed RMT (profits).

Hearthstone was a knockoff of popular card games with a big emphasis on micro-transactions...same for HotS and Overwatch. Only moderate effort with large profit margins. Diablo Immortal is already known to be a reskin of an existing game with a few tweaks...i.e. spending even less to achieve even higher margins with micro-transactions.

What all this means is that Blizz has no interest in undertaking a major effort / risk associated with a new WoW 2.0 (or whatever other IP they might try). Despite all the claims of "look at all the cool things the latest WoW expansion has", when you actually stop and look at what was really produced, it was mostly on the cheap (Legion was the exception to the rule where they put more effort in than they did with WoD or BfA).

If you really want to look for something better, it is time for you to look for the next Blizzard who is actually hungry and wanting to put out a great game. You are going to have to shed your comforting bias about trying to compare it to WoW because you'll always find an excuse as to why you don't want to truly give another game a real try.
    Or, you know, maybe Blizzard don't want to shit all over their existing customers who have put years of their lives into WoW and building their characters.

Yes, I totally get that people like you want something different. That's fine. But please bugger off with these asinine self centred, lazy and contrived arguments that utterly fail to consider everyone else in the world.

isn’t WoW 2 just TBC?
    Or do you mean a completely new game with new everything?
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    I see zero reason for this to happen as long as there are a handful of players willing to access the game. Even if they stop continuing to actively develop the game they can still keep the servers running for years at minimal cost until there are literally almost no players left (at which point it no longer matters anyway).

For the sake of lore, a wow version where they completely scrap the big pile of shit that was classic/bc/wotlk would be pretty neat.

No, no thank you. Why would I want to leave everything I done, earned, farmed in the past, just to start a "fresh one" in a wow 2. Just because you think it's a good Idea, does not mean everyone else does. I'f they discontinue WoW Support in favor of a WoW 2, I'm done with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Considering "WoW 2 1.x" would be classic, even though you're classifying "WoW 2" as a relaunched WoW, that is exactly what people will say... just play classic. You're starting over on even ground with your peers.

Then you go on to say "What if I want to play WotLK, or TBC, or Pandaria"... so which is it?
    He isn't talking about a WoW 2 being Classic, he's talking about a WoW 2 that doesn't look like a piece of shit from 15 years ago with updated graphics and an entirely new feel and new set of lore. Classic is still WoW, not a WoW 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No, no thank you. Why would I want to leave everything I done, earned, farmed in the past, just to start a "fresh one" in a wow 2. Just because you think it's a good Idea, does not mean everyone else does. I'f they discontinue WoW Support in favor of a WoW 2, I'm done with WoW.
    So WoW is the first and last game you've ever played?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He isn't talking about a WoW 2 being Classic, he's talking about a WoW 2 that doesn't look like a piece of shit from 15 years ago with updated graphics and an entirely new feel. Classic is still WoW, not a WoW 2.
    Yea but the OP was so terribad at asking his question. He talks about a WoW 2 1.x, and in the same breath talks about people saying 'play classic' and replies with 'what if I want to play LK, BC, Pandaria?'

If WoW 2 ever happens you can expect it to be more of a 3rd person action RPG, be careful what you wish for.

So WoW is the first and last game you've ever played?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea but the OP was so terribad at asking his question. He talks about a WoW 2 1.x, and in the same breath talks about people saying 'play classic' and replies with 'what if I want to play LK, BC, Pandaria?'
    no, I have played and do play others, I just don't want to start over again after 12 years of collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    no, I have played and do play others, I just don't want to start over again after 12 years of collecting.
    I think you missed the point. I believe the OP is saying 'is it time for Blizzard to make a WoW 2', now you're saying if Blizzard makes a WoW 2, you inherently wouldn't play it because you've collected so many things in WoW 1? How about if it wasn't "WoW 2", and it was "Random MMO"?

I'm just trying to understand how it being a WoW-centered MMO would make you not want to play it.

Keep in mind, if the OP means "WoW with a massive overhaul over the engine", well... that would ultimately be an expansion, not an entirely new game, because outside of that...
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-20 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I think the premise of the OP is spot on.

The game SHOULD have a rest every few expansions... for instance... at the end of BfA, there could be an unavoidable cataclysmic event that destroys Azeroth.

Khadgar, Jana, and Thrall work together to construct a new portal called the "Portal of Hope" that whisks the traveler to a completely brand new world. Problem is... the portal cannot transport anything but the character dressed in special "level 1 gear" that can survive the teleportation.

So bascially you teleport to a whole new world as a level 1, and begin leveling all over again. You are broke, have nothing but base talents, and no mounts. Not even Azeroth mounts.

BUT, this time they change the game back towards earlier WoW design principles. It would open up whoel new lore opportunities.. new characters.
    Go play literally any other MMO and quit WoW. It would accomplish the same exact thing you're suggesting.

I think you missed the point. I believe the OP is saying 'is it time for Blizzard to make a WoW 2', now you're saying if Blizzard makes a WoW 2, you inherently wouldn't play it because you've collected so many things in WoW 1? How about if it wasn't "WoW 2", and it was "Random MMO"?

I'm just trying to understand how it being a WoW-centered MMO would make you not want to play it.

Keep in mind, if the OP means "WoW with a massive overhaul over the engine", well... that would ultimately be an expansion, not an entirely new game, because outside of that...
    No I think YOU fail to see my point, if Blizzard made a "Wow 2" they would inherently discontinue support and evolution the Original Wow. That is what I have an issue with. I enjoy Wow, for my own personal reasons, and Have no interest in tossing aside 12 years of "work" and effort, to start fresh in another one. Yes I play other game, This does not mean I want to stop playing the ones I already play.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Wouldn't it simply be nice if WoW started over, on even ground with your peers?
    We do that every expansion.

This isn't why we used to play, IS IT?
    For some, it is.

curse me
    As you wish. Have fun finding out which one.

Every expansion is basically a sequel anyway. You spend 90% of your time in the new zones, using the new materials, interacting with the new features, and running the new dungeons/raids.

WoW is still making them plenty of money, it doesn't make sense to cannibalise and fracture your own audience with a sequel at this point.

If they were to make another MMO it would be something very different that can stand alongside WoW. (like Titan)

A sequel would only be likely when WoW becomes unprofitable or not profitable enough for the manpower being used.

I'm with you thought, the main reason I've stopped playing is how outdated almost every aspect of the game is.