View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Yes, yes. I know. Not what I meant.

Farage vs Corbyn for the keys to #10 is a competition you want to see?

You can link as many Tweets by talking heads suggesting a landslide BXP victory/majority as much as you want - I don’t believe a word of it. Corbyn will have his feet up by the fire with Larry the cat purring on his lap.
    No of course that's not what I want and sure you have me right when I would prefer Farage straight in at No.10. But as a moderate and in the spirit of reconciliatory unification of leavers and remainers I would like to see Johnson, with his only semi-trustable brexit position, in No 10 propped up by BXP MP's holding his feet to the fire ensuring that democracy and the referendum is upheld.

Hopefully of course that doesn't happen, Boris means what he says and we leave, deal or no deal, on Oct 31st. And Farage can go back to quietly supping pints of Spitfire in deepest Kent.

Will remainers compromise just as I have and allow democracy to flourish in the UK from Oct 31st? It really is up to them what happens next, but remain is finally and definitively off the table. We will be leaving now, one way or another...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You, Dribbles being moderate? *tries to control his snickering* ... *fails horribly*

Javid is out, the fifth round of voting will take place this afternoon to select the final two candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Javid is out, the fifth round of voting will take place this afternoon to select the final two candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Here are the full results of the fourth ballot.

Boris Johnson - 157 votes

Michael Gove - 61 votes

Jeremy Hunt - 59 votes

Sajid Javid - 34 votes

Two ballot papers were spoilt out of 313.
    I wonder if they had willies drawn on?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I wonder if they had willies drawn on?
    Maybe willies in pig heads. It's what etonians do isn't it?

Looking forward to the coronation of Boris Johnson. At least one of the architects of this fiasco will be in the drivers seat as the UK plunges over its cliff.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    it is Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt; with Hunt 77 and Gove 75 votes, very close race for the second place in the final ballot by the party members later

And thus the uk could break up under the premiership of fuck the NHS and doctors hunt or Britain's Trump.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jesus, we're getting Boris fucking Johnson...

Must this country be one joke after another?

When can we actually democratically vote on the next one?
    UK can end it: BoJo confronted with vote of no confidence at first opportunity; then it is GE to sort out the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I doubt that the EU will change the process. It is what it is. What can happen is the UK can join the EFTA which covers most of their concerns very soon or immediately after they leave the UK and then work to join the EU which while possible to expedite will still take time.
    Their laws are already harmonised, though. That should save a lot of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that the EU will change the process. It is what it is. What can happen is the UK can join the EFTA which covers most of their concerns very soon or immediately after they leave the UK and then work to join the EU which while possible to expedite will still take time.
    PR-wise it would be awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Good riddance, I'm going to tick tock this shitshow soon. I hope England leaves in the fall, Scotland leave the UK and join the EU and little England can sit in their pond thinking they somehow won something.

It might just be a hat-trick of worst PM's ever with Cameron, May and now this clown.

Ironic how the brits always bitch about the EU being undemocratic, now get's a PM they never voted for. I genuinely feel sorry for the Brits caught in this shitshow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. It would be a PR disaster if the EU makes exceptions. The EU has been strong throughout this process because it plays by the rules every step of the game.
    No, it wouldn't be a disaster. This is every kind of a special occasion.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Jesus, we're getting Boris fucking Johnson...

Must this country be one joke after another?

When can we actually democratically vote on the next one?
    Much more than that, we are getting two for the price of one! Here's an ex Tory remainer/ ex Chukka wannabe who gets it...

Once the 0.25% have crowned Boris, suspect we will see a Boris/Farage alliance with Farage promised a seat at the negotiating table in return for Brexit party endorsement & free run for Boris at a snap election

https://twitter.com/sarahwollaston/s...30364597112833

Not often I agree with a remainers synopsis but bring it on...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Much more than that, we are getting two for the price of one! Here's an ex Tory remainer/ ex Chukka wannabe who gets it...

Once the 0.25% have crowned Boris, suspect we will see a Boris/Farage alliance with Farage promised a seat at the negotiating table in return for Brexit party endorsement & free run for Boris at a snap election

https://twitter.com/sarahwollaston/s...30364597112833

Not often I agree with a remainers synopsis but bring it on...
    Nothing in this makes any sense, regardless of your view on Brexit.

A Boris/Farage alliance would make sense only if Boris calls for a GE. (why would he?)

There are no Brexit Party MPs Boris needs an endorsement from.

Farage at the negotiating table when he wants a no-deal Brexit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Nothing in this makes any sense, regardless of your view on Brexit.

A Boris/Farage alliance would make sense only if Boris calls for a GE. (why would he?)

There are no Brexit Party MPs Boris needs an endorsement from.

Farage at the negotiating table when he wants a no-deal Brexit?
    First. It is not up to Boris if a general election is called.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/934341...adership-race/

Second. When the next GE is called, taking into consideration there are 5 million Labour leave voters who couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory, tactical voting across Labour marginals is not beyond the wit of man.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930959...ction-johnson/

Beyond a no deal Brexit there would still be ongoing negotiations with the EU about many things just as there would with any third country.

15+ Year Old Account
    First. It is not up to Boris if a general election is called.
    Whoever it is up to then.

Second. When the next GE is called, taking into consideration there are 5 million Labour leave voters who couldn't bring themselves to vote Tory, tactical voting across Labour marginals is not beyond the wit of man.
    So even less likely that a Tory government calls for a GE, after all, they can only lose. Who would do such a thing?

Beyond a no deal Brexit there would still be ongoing negotiations with the EU about many things just as there would with any third country.
    Examples? What would the UK want from the EU after a no-deal Brexit?

10+ Year Old Account

So long as the UK refuses to accept things such as the backstop, those negotiations aren't going to lead anywhere. The EU isn't just going to forget about such things just cause the UK crashes out with no deal first.

The Con majority is under even greater pressure as Chris Davies is unseated by his constituents following his conviction for fraud earlier this year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48720176. The Cons have a strong majority of over 8,000 therefore it is possible that they will hold the seat with another candidate but this is surely a worry for the new PM.

And there is more bad news for the Tories as Mark Field is suspended after roughly ejecting a Greenpeace protester from an event last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48718725

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So long as the UK refuses to accept things such as the backstop, those negotiations aren't going to lead anywhere. The EU isn't just going to forget about such things just cause the UK crashes out with no deal first.
    The EU is not going to get a backstop, it either removes it for the deal to work on Oct 31st in which case it hasn't got a backstop, or the UK leaves with no deal and the EU still hasn't got a backstop or £39bn.

The backstop is dead. The EU needs to forget about it, it doesn't have a choice. It really is surprising that after all this time the EU and our eurochums here still don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The Con majority is under even greater pressure as Chris Davies is unseated by his constituents following his conviction for fraud earlier this year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48720176. The Cons have a strong majority of over 8,000 therefore it is possible that they will hold the seat with another candidate but this is surely a worry for the new PM.

And there is more bad news for the Tories as Mark Field is suspended after roughly ejecting a Greenpeace protester from an event last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48718725
    Another chance for the Brexit party, in a leave voting constituency to prod Boris de Pfeffel in the right direction in case he is wavering... These deselections are going to start coming thick and fast now as the swamp is drained and leave voting constituencies start removing remain MP's, turning the tide of parliament towards representing the people who pay its wages.