Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Realistically, would anyone here really have a chance at getting anywhere? I feel like we'd all get screwed by the whole "diseases from 1,000 years ago that our bodies can't handle" thing, especially since OP's scenario states that we're naked and literally have nothing. Even if you had some survival skills and all your ducks in a row, you still have to eat/drink whatever was available 1,000 years ago or starve to death. At some point, you're gonna catch something and die.

I imagine we'd probably all die from that (again, assuming you don't drop into some area where the natives are going to immediately spot you, point, scream gibberish, and scalp you) long before any of us got to the point of conquering the world with our modern middle school science knowledge.
    Diseases from a millennium ago weren't much different than today. You've immunities from shit that people died in droves back then. You're biggest concern would be infection from cuts (boil water before cleaning) and tetanus.
    If you know how to make a fire with nothing more than available wood branches then you've a better than the crappy average than some here have. (Find flint. That stone isn't for making said fire. It flakes easily enough to sharpen. It'll form one of your first tools, following crude weapons)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean at that point it's really your own fault. I'm also an atheist, but I sure as hell wouldn't walk around and tell everyone that in 1019.
    I would not go around and just tell everyone obviously. I would not be able to contain myself and start laughing at religitards as I do now though...
    Oh well, not like you'd want to live in that age anyway, so might as well just get it over with quickly.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

I'd probably be transported into a tree or swamp, cause that was all this country was back then. Would be kinda sad, because I wouldn't be able to play any of the great mmos like osrs and be able to buy osrs gold at Eldorado.gg.
    Last edited by cartasan; 2019-07-01 at 10:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I'd be in Native American Lenni Lenape territory with no hope of seeing another white English speaking person for the rest of my days, I had better learn to speak Unami pretty damn quickly. Maybe the local chief would let me marry his daughter or whatever the closest thing is to marriage they had. I'd likely be the largest human they had ever seen, so maybe I could make it as a warrior, who knows.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Well, if I don't make nice with the Cherokee, I'm dead lol.

The fuck!? Naked AND without mcdonalds? What kind of sadistic creature are you?
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    The fuck!? Naked AND without mcdonalds? What kind of sadistic creature are you?
    At least burgers are reasonably easy enough to replicate... just think of all the foods you'd be doing without depending on where you happen to be dropped.

In the near term, I'm probably ok.... but in the longterm, I'd struggle trying to reconnect with Europe and various food & luxury markets I take for granted nowadays.

I would propaply be in the middle of the woods and a pack of wolfes would find and eat me in 20 minutes, so yeah very nice life!

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    You're 25. You walk into a McDonalds and poof! You're transported back in time a thousand years. You're completely naked. The McDonalds is gone and you find yourself in a pasture, the same spot as the McDonalds but a 1,000 years ago.

How long do you think you could survive? What is your strategy for survival?
    I'd get scalped by a Seminole.

Try to get work as a bard with the local lord/chieftain, language will be hard, but I will know thousands of totally unique songs/rhythms. Later introduce the improved stove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Realistically, would anyone here really have a chance at getting anywhere? I feel like we'd all get screwed by the whole "diseases from 1,000 years ago that our bodies
    On the contrary you are the product of 1000 years fight agenst the diseases, and you and your ancestors was winner, your immune system will massacre the diseases that is 1000 years back in the evolutionary arms race. As long you follow basic cleanliness and boil your water and food you will be quite safe.
    Last edited by Fantomen; 2019-06-20 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I'd get scalped by a Seminole.
    No.
    Seminoles (as the term) didn't exist a thousand years ago.
    You might get killed by the Timucua, Calusa, or maybe the Apalachee however.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No.
    Seminoles (as the term) didn't exist a thousand years ago.
    You might get killed by the Timucua, Calusa, or maybe the Apalachee however.
    I'm talking about FSU fans. Very primitive cave people from the swamp.

Well the city i live in was founded more than 2000 years ago by the romans, so i would be in or near a city. But since i have no skills that are useful in that time and i would probably not even understand anyone since they would speak old high-german, i probably would die very soon.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well the city i live in was founded more than 2000 years ago by the romans, so i would be in or near a city. But since i have no skills that are useful in that time and i would probably not even understand anyone since they would speak old high-german, i probably would die very soon.
    well, mute people existed at this time for sure too and get along with it, so why not try at least some conversation ? and if it was founded by romans, you should be fine using strict latin letters for writing; the locals will know the "font". ok, not everyone, but the learned upper class.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    well, mute people existed at this time for sure too and get along with it, so why not try at least some conversation ? and if it was founded by romans, you should be fine using strict latin letters for writing; the locals will know the "font". ok, not everyone, but the learned upper class.
    Around the year 1000 probably only part of the clergy and some nobles could read, people were much more primitive than the romans. I think 1000 years ago would be around the darkest part of the dark ages. So i doubt i could even get in contact with someone that can read or write. Especially since i'd be basically a beggar that talks in a language nobody could understand.
    And even if i'd manage to get in contact with someone important, i think in that time, when you would try to "invent" something you learned in school the probability to be called a heretic and getting punished were quite high. I'd really need some influential sponsor but it would be almost impossible to get in contact with one.

I really wouldn't want to get transported to 1000 years ago.

I guess I'd be hanging out with the Iroquois.

I'd be a Greek trapped in 11th century Pacific Northwest?

I'd probably end up dead or a slave to any of the local Tlingit, Haida, or other various tribes around here. They practiced slavery, and as a 6'4 foreigner in that period, I'd probably be of value if they didn't just decide to outright merc me.