Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    only if the tanks had shamans in their grp
    If you only had one shaman in your raid they were in the tank group (??)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I get them all because everyone is already geared out once I reach max level after 8 months.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Oozlz View Post
    2h fury was very very good (possibly the best) for horde because of windfury, 1h AXES for an orc war was very also good, even better than most swords pre KT. Any 1h sword warrior would want Edgemasters to get full use of swords on horde, so we usually gave rogues prio, and warriors got 1h axes.

On alliance, all 1h melee want swords (rogues and wars) and should be human. Some rogues will be dagger, and can roll non human for better racials for pvp. Because everyone wants the 1h swords, some warriors will pick up the 1h axes (if the tanks dont first), or just rock 2h fury and do less dps untill one hands become available.

2 handers that are not the best of the tier ( BRE, Ashkandi, Might of Menethil, Dark Edge) generally go for roll (in my guild) unless a dps is still stuck with something bad. In general feral druids can expect to get Draconic maul easily (decent weapon). Paladins, tanks, and others who want 2 handers can expect to get the ones I have not mentioned) relatively easily.
    Also remember, you aren't going to have a lot of choice. To acquire everything mentioned in this paragraph, your team may have to raid for a year or more. For example, in 6 months of farming BWL, my guild got one or two Ashkandis, no draconic maul, one herald of woe.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    It's fucking hilarious that you think these are Vanilla DPS numbers. Your credibility isn't just out the window, it has hit the ground and splattered into puddle of crimson mush.
    Did you read that text around those numbers? You never had 5 fire mages on a Patchwerk raid? 4 of them are doing 800~ DPS while the last guy is doing way way more. Because there is only 1 slot on debuffs for Ignite, and they all feed into that 1 Ignite. That Ignite belongs to the first mage scoring a crit.

As a 2handed fury warrior i was threat-capped on every single boss post MC, most of the time i couldnt use Slam or even BT/WW regularly without pulling agro. I was basicly forced to play at less than 50% efficiency. And yes, we ofcourse had windfury for our main-tanks, and they didnt play full protection spec, they had a fury/prot spec with thunderfury, hit-cap and as much offensive gear as they could wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    Also remember, you aren't going to have a lot of choice. To acquire everything mentioned in this paragraph, your team may have to raid for a year or more. For example, in 6 months of farming BWL, my guild got one or two Ashkandis, no draconic maul, one herald of woe.
    We had 7 Ashkandis on our first 10 kills, 5 of those went to hunters ofcourse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Did you read that text around those numbers? You never had 5 fire mages on a Patchwerk raid? 4 of them are doing 800~ DPS while the last guy is doing way way more. Because there is only 1 slot on debuffs for Ignite, and they all feed into that 1 Ignite. That Ignite belongs to the first mage scoring a crit.

As a 2handed fury warrior i was threat-capped on every single boss post MC, most of the time i couldnt use Slam or even BT/WW regularly without pulling agro. I was basicly forced to play at less than 50% efficiency. And yes, we ofcourse had windfury for our main-tanks, and they didnt play full protection spec, they had a fury/prot spec with thunderfury, hit-cap and as much offensive gear as they could wear.

- - - Updated - - -

We had 7 Ashkandis on our first 10 kills, 5 of those went to hunters ofcourse.
    Yeah bro you did 2700 sustained DPS in Vanilla on a Warrior.

If you've read any of my posts regarding Classic you'd know very well my experience and credentials. You're not teaching me anything new about stacking Ignites.

I ain't worried, but you're going to get laughed out of here.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2019-06-20 at 08:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah bro you did 2700 sustained DPS in Vanilla on a Warrior.
    For the duration of death wish and some good RNG, yes. All possible world/raid buffs, elixirs, pots, etc, and my auto attacks were critting for over 4k dmg, with 40% crit chance. With proper slamming and a totem twisting shaman in your group, it's not a difficult equation.

If you've read any of my posts regarding Classic you'd know very well my experience and credentials. You're not teaching me anything new about stacking Ignites.
    Irrelevant, everyone was clueless noobs back then. (thats the going argument atleast)

I ain't worried, but you're going to get laughed out of here.
    Have been for 14 years already, but we'll see in a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the duration of death wish and some good RNG, yes. All possible world/raid buffs, elixirs, pots, etc, and my auto attacks were critting for over 4k dmg, with 40% crit chance. With proper slamming and a totem twisting shaman in your group, it's not a difficult equation.

Irrelevant, everyone was clueless noobs back then. (thats the going argument atleast)

Have been for 14 years already, but we'll see in a couple of months.
    DPS while using a 30s CD is literally the opposite of the definition of sustained DPS. Like, really, for fuck's sake, are you kidding me? A toddler could have proved you wrong there.

"For the duration of death wish" give me a break man.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Hey, so i've been wondering for a while now, there is quite a few 2 hander drops in the game but warriors prefer fury, paladins will generally only be accepted as holy, shamans the same.

Who gets Ashkandi, Might of Menethil, Ashbringer and other pretty cool 2 handers in the game, is your guild going to roll them out for offspecc to members or are you expecting to just DE these pieces or use them as hunter statsticks?
    I played as a holy paladin since MC and still ended up with a Might of Menethil and a Corrupted ashbringer. Menethil after the melee classes and the Ashbringer because it is a shitty warrior weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Are we all assuming that classic is going to go live with no quality of life improvements whatsoever to the DPS viability of the classes? I would think they would at least do a tuning pass.
    no they arent.

loot masters gf gets the item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you only had one shaman in your raid they were in the tank group (??)
    Totems are party wide.
    So a tank without nr/fire/frost resist totems, clensing totems, stoneskin/ tremmor totem. That sounds kinda bad.

Even for encounters where you dont need any of that, the dps totems are better put in the tank group; more threat more raid dps.

Other than that you could;
    B place him in a melee group.
    C place him in a healer group for mana spring/tide

Depends on the raid/encounter ofc but im pretty sure I would go with the shaman in the tank group every time.
    But then again one shaman for a full raid? That really shouldnt happen.

This is called burst dps, sustained dps is the number at the end of the fight.

Also still waiting on the napkin math for slamming without resetting the swing timer.
    Last edited by Equoowe; 2019-06-21 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Totems are party wide.
    So a tank without nr/fire/frost resist totems, clensing totems, stoneskin/ tremmor totem. That sounds kinda bad.

Even for encounters where you dont need any of that, the dps totems are better put in the tank group; more threat more raid dps.

Other than that you could;
    B place him in a melee group.
    C place him in a healer group for mana spring/tide

Depends on the raid/encounter ofc but im pretty sure I would go with the shaman in the tank group every time.
    But then again one shaman for a full raid? That really shouldnt happen.
    Yes, the "(??)" was meant to denote "why the hell would you not have a shaman in your tank group??" because, like I say, if you only had one shaman in your entire raid, they would be in the tank group. Fair cop for outlining the reasoning for me though, I was too lazy to go that far initially
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Hey, so i've been wondering for a while now, there is quite a few 2 hander drops in the game but warriors prefer fury, paladins will generally only be accepted as holy, shamans the same.

Who gets Ashkandi, Might of Menethil, Ashbringer and other pretty cool 2 handers in the game, is your guild going to roll them out for offspecc to members or are you expecting to just DE these pieces or use them as hunter statsticks?
    friends of officers/gf of GM

considering how all guilds will go with loot councils "average" raider will never see any of those weapons

Ashkandi - Hunters / Warriors

Might of Menethil - Feral Druids

Corrupted Ashbringer - GM or Warrior class officer

2hander's aren't relevant in raiding, other then in the low end temporarily.

iirc, we used to roll them to non-hunters for pvp uses and whatever. Then hunters got a crack if no one wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    friends of officers/gf of GM

considering how all guilds will go with loot councils "average" raider will never see any of those weapons
    Uhg, council guilds are such an awful idea. I'm sure there are some that run well and make the right decisions, but DKP is just so much better overall.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post

deep wounds has lower debuff priority and wont overwrite high priority debuffs
    I was thinking of MS-debuff, which is a high-priority debuff and wont be pushed off by anthing (I think?). Deep wounds is indeed a low-prio debuff and all fury warriors will be specced into it anyways.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

they will mostly end up going for off spec/PVP rolls since very few will main spec raid 2h and there will be BiS leaving many open for the meme spec pvpers to have fun too!

How viable is ret, arms and enhancement in raids, do they do acceptable damage in any way or is it just a disaster completely?
    Arms is ok, the rest are laughable. Enhancement is ok if you get extremely lucky with windfury procs which doesn't really work out typically, also being a good enhancement shaman used to require very high micro of skills because of totemtwisting.
    Last edited by netherflame; 2019-07-01 at 09:48 PM.

Ashkandi goes to Hunters.

Might of Menethil, Hand of Rag, Corrupted Ashbringer, BRE go to any Warrior who wants to PVP.

If you have a Ret or Enh they are using a buff weapon.
    Hi Sephurik