Poll: Should WoW have a WoW 2 1.x?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For years I've said they can't do this because of all the progress/achievements people have made in the game.

After BFA, I've changed my mind. Yes, we need WoW 2.0.

This is a marketing tactic. The same reason one would choose to release Overwatch 2 instead of just patching the original game. It also works. Or do you think they should stop making new Maddens and just keep current one?

WoW 2 should also work on consoles, especially with the PS5 coming out.

The biggest buzz one could create around WoW is WoW 2. Anything else, expansions, changes, ect, mostly only appeal to current and possibly previous players. BFA probably reduced those, it would be a great time for a new MMO, and Blizzard could build it from scratch.

Should we dare to even hope for this? IMO, blizzard needs a reimagining of much of the current game, not a recreation of classic, something completely different. Be bold. BFA is a flop. Use it as an excuse to try something crazy, not more of the same. Take the basic concepts of the genre and change everything else. Give us a new engine, or even give us the Overwatch engine, that would be sweet. Imagine a MMO with overwatch graphics and wow gameplay.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-06-20 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    For years I've said they can't do this because of all the progress/achievements people have made in the game.

After BFA, I've changed my mind. Yes, we need WoW 2.0.

This is a marketing tactic. The same reason one would choose to release Overwatch 2 instead of just patching the original game. It also works. Or do you think they should stop making new Maddens and just keep current one?

WoW 2 should also work on consoles, especially with the PS5 coming out.

The biggest buzz one could create around WoW is WoW 2. Anything else, expansions, changes, ect, mostly only appeal to current and possibly previous players. BFA probably reduced those, it would be a great time for a new MMO, and Blizzard could build it from scratch.

Should we dare to even hope for this? IMO, blizzard needs a reimagining of much of the current game, not a recreation of classic, something completely different. Be bold. BFA is a flop. Use it as an excuse to try something crazy, not more of the same. Take the basic concepts of the genre and change everything else. Give us a new engine, or even give us the Overwatch engine, that would be sweet. Imagine a MMO with overwatch graphics and wow gameplay.
    IMO - I don't think mmorpg games belong on consoles. I think they suffer from something that current mmo-c and wow forum posters comment on often. Lack of community. The lack of a keyboard or your tiny keyboard on the controller(no thanks) could work, but I'd assume majority of people don't own one.
    I played DCOU for PS3 and Neverwinter for XBone and while fun short term, suck because I can't communicate without the keyboard.

Not to mention; PC = Master Race
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Wouldn't it simply be nice if WoW started over, on even ground with your peers?

WoW has simply become a "collection" game these days, and it isn't very fun. Play /Pay to collect "rare" mounts, or "rare" pets.

This isn't why we used to play, IS IT?

People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?

It's in most peoples general interest to just start over. There are too many variables.

And the "retail" version is quite dumb.

So, onto the poll!

CLARIFICATION:
    This is not about old games being relaunched, but rather a NEW WOW ... which is why it was always referred to as WoW 2 1.x
    dude I would love to play mop again,it was ion my top 3 best xpacs,tbc lk and mop,and wile tbc was better overall,gameplay classes in mop were just better than proly any xpac,i rly liked classes in some expansions like shadow priest and holy priest and holy pala in cata,but cata sucked overall,mop had all classes be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    No, no thank you. Why would I want to leave everything I done, earned, farmed in the past, just to start a "fresh one" in a wow 2. Just because you think it's a good Idea, does not mean everyone else does. I'f they discontinue WoW Support in favor of a WoW 2, I'm done with WoW.
    Cya pal, gl

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis172 View Post
    Cya pal, gl
    How Phresh.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Considering "WoW 2 1.x" would be classic, even though you're classifying "WoW 2" as a relaunched WoW, that is exactly what people will say... just play classic. You're starting over on even ground with your peers.

Then you go on to say "What if I want to play WotLK, or TBC, or Pandaria"... so which is it?
    I think a *WoW 2* wouldn't have expacs like wotlk, tbc or pandaria. Why have a WoW2 if you just have the same areas? Maybe a revisit if any but not on the scale as WoW. makes no sense.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Before a WoW 2, I want a Warcraft 4 or a WoW RPG. In other words, a game the sets up new characters, lore and places.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis172 View Post
    Cya pal, gl
    It was the same with EQ and EQ2. New classes..lands..etc. I don't think Blizzard has the interest in creating a whole new WoW sequal game...at least not with Ion being there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Before a WoW 2, I want a Warcraft 4 or a WoW RPG. In other words, a game the sets up new characters, lore and places.
    Seeing how we have a wow mmorpg already. what would a wow rpg be? *other than something that would be for mobile*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    I would like a new combat system, but it takes away from what makes people comfortable with WoW. I think class overhaul changing will ultimately change how combat is used.
    No, class overhaul alone will not accomplish anything. Because after all these years all spells are similar, no matter what you play - you had something similar:
    - generator (shadowbolt)
    - spender (hand of guldan)
    - proc spender ( demonbolt)
    - cooldown based spell - (lavaburst)
    - dot (agony)
    - channel (rapid fire)
    - filler (firebolt)
    - aoe spender (multishot)
    - aoe filler (former multishot)
    - stun
    - disorient
    - interrupt
    - damage reduction
    - self-heal
    - movement
    - dispel

and few other spell categories. Nothing is unique anymore for me because every concept they thrown at us is already known. At this point I no longer see spell names but something like "generic spender with high damge" "generic cooldown based spell".

I would love to see for combat to be moved into more skill-shot based abilities like frontal cone, frontal arrow.
    And would like to have more abilities that are instant + channel - like eyebeam. So less clicking - more action.
    Also stationary combat is just not fun. Having to stop to cast abilities is outdated.

There is no even ground if you play MMOs casualy. Even after day 1 you will be behind - will you demand WoW 3.0 at that point?

You will see many vanilla players hovering around 32.000+ hours playtime at this point, do you even think for a second you have an even ground when a new WoW successor comes?

If you feel left behind in this MMO, maybe lower your expectations or change the genre. You can never win against powergamers in MMO's.
    -

WoW 1 ended with WoTLK after Arthas died. Cata is WoW 2!!!!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

WoW has simply become a "collection" game these days, and it isn't very fun. Play /Pay to collect "rare" mounts, or "rare" pets.

This isn't why we used to play, IS IT?

People will say, just play Classic (Vanilla). What if I would rather just play WotLK? TBC .. or, curse me later, Pandaria?

It's in most peoples general interest to just start over. There are too many variables.

And the "retail" version is quite dumb.

So, onto the poll!

CLARIFICATION:
    This is not about old games being relaunched, but rather a NEW WOW ... which is why it was always referred to as WoW 2 1.x
    Nice opinion post. I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    No at this point Blizzard has proven that it has no soul they could never re-create the experience that we got in classic again which is why they are re-releasing classic and not a new game
    Do you feel the same way about star wars or maybe star trek? I am old enough to remember watching sw when it was just sw. It was the greatest thing ever. I was let down by the prequels and got angry. The third trilogy, I think, are pretty good. What has changed is me. I think Blizzard could do a WoW 2 but most WoW veterans won't like it. People have changed that is why. It will not have the same impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

no, I have played and do play others, I just don't want to start over again after 12 years of collecting.
    Well yeah, doing the same thing for the same stuff would be silly. My understanding of the OP was a new Warcraft related MMO, in which case your 12 years of "collecting" would be irrelevant anyway. Plus it's not like quitting WoW means you lose anything. You already spent the time having fun (presumably) and you don't own the account or anything you've "earned".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Well yeah, doing the same thing for the same stuff would be silly. My understanding of the OP was a new Warcraft related MMO, in which case your 12 years of "collecting" would be irrelevant anyway. Plus it's not like quitting WoW means you lose anything. You already spent the time having fun (presumably) and you don't own the account or anything you've "earned".
    Yes, but I still have plans to continue playing Wow. I've played non stop since TBC, no breaks even in the worst of time, and I have no plans on quitting anytime soon. Like I ended up replying later in the conversation, If they did Launch a "WoW 2" they would not waste the time and resources to maintain Original WoW. And by Maintain, I don't mean maintenance, I mean Content.

Yes, but I still have plans to continue playing Wow. I've played non stop since TBC, no breaks even in the worst of time, and I have no plans on quitting anytime soon. Like I ended up replying later in the conversation, If they did Launch a "WoW 2" they would not waste the time and resources to maintain Original WoW. And by Maintain, I don't mean maintenance, I mean Content.
    Obviously DUH! But that is the whole point so people could finally move on. Otherwise we will be stuck in endless loop of boring repetitive content and never ending complaints.

The game would be dead on arrival unless they somehow managed to migrate every single thing to the new game and basically remake WoW. Which would be pointless, you'd just update the actual game.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    The game would be dead on arrival unless they somehow managed to migrate every single thing to the new game and basically remake WoW. Which would be pointless, you'd just update the actual game.
    You lack of insight, new game engine with imported maps/raids/dungeons (but not mandatory to level thru). Would make a whole lot of difference to call it WoW 2.
    Basically a new game with old but completely optional content.

You're playing it wrong then.

We might see Warcraft 4 but we almost certainly won't see WoW 2 I don't think. It's not a great model for an MMO that's already established with subscribers. Maybe in years, but there'd have to be a period of downtime between the last WoW expansion and any WoW 2 release of years I expect. Especially if it were to be done via a new engine.

The last thing I would want is for the same dev teams making current live wow to also make a wow 2. It would accomplish nothing.