Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's amazing how they managed to kill my interest in playing it before it's even been released.

Its almost like they intentionally try to sabotage classic to make people play BFA instead.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's not true. I'm Russian and I don't cheat and I didn't see anyone cheating. You're just spreading Trump propaganda. Stop with that.
    Every country has cheaters and toxic people but I have to agree with Russians standing out the most, Russians and Turks no matter the game or genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Every country has cheaters and toxic people but I have to agree with Russians standing out the most, Russians and Turks no matter the game or genre.
    Russians ruined dota 2 for me. Russians and Turks ruined CS:GO. They need to geoblock them from EU players in all games.

I dont get the hate for russians. I played a lot with them in legion (high m+ player) and even made friends there. There is toxic / bad players in every language group. Same as there are good and nice people..

The west kinda defeats itself... when they face russians in bgs they instantly say "omg the russians.. they cheat we have no chance or they are too stronk". Ye ofcourse you will lose if you have this mentality.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-06-21 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I dont get the hate for russians. I played a lot with them in legion (high m+ player) and even made friends there. There is toxic / bad players in every language group. Same as there are good and nice people..

The west kinda defeats itself... when they face russians in bgs they instantly say "omg the russians.. they cheat we have no chance or they are too stronk". Ye ofcourse you will lose if you have this mentality.
    They are usually very bad unless it's a premade in my experience.

@Annellie @Lord Pebbleton @wholol

I have followed your discussion regarding Russians in WoW and I wanted to add my thoughts on the matter. I have met a lot of toxic Russians in M+, they usually leave after a wipe or are bad for whatever reason and can't speak English, and yet I still apply to Russian M+ groups and invite Russians. The reason is simple, I have also met nice Russian groups and had a lengthy discussion about this topic. I don't want to stigmatize a whole group of people because there are so many of them, simply because I wouldn't want to feel bad for the nice ones, they don't deserve it they are trying to make a better impression for their people and feel just as bad about the toxic ones. It is also illogical to bash on them even if 99,99% of them are like that. Nobody is born evil, and as such I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge before I interacted with the individually, no matter how low the chance is. The ones that are good people deserve it. Imagine a legitimately nice Russian gets hate/kicked from a group, what has he done to deserve it? Nothing, it is not his fault. All he can try is to convince his other Russians to realize what they are doing is bad for them as well. And if you think all WoW Russians are bad then you are simply wrong simply because I have met a few nice ones that are not toxic, exploiters and cheaters and also speak English well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone whiny like a little baby? Americans had to deal with this for a long while. So many game experts here, yet non of you actually are. I could not give two, three, four, one, nine shits about multiple servers for specific countries. If I try and speak to you and I get no reply, boohoo, no problem, off to the next one.

THE ONLY problem will be trade/general chat being filled with foreign languages.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

TBQH, everyone who writes anything in Cyrillic in chat is automatically labelled as "Russian", heck, I've seen Macedonians being called Russians, and they weren't happy about it

As for the reason why everyone complains about Russians or "Russians", when you're in a group that failed badly or when you're playing against people that are good or cheating or both, it's just waaay more noticeable when those people speak or have names in Cyrillic, it's different from Latin, so it caches your eye, it's easier to remember. If it's Germans or French who messed up your game, you're less likely to remember it because they use Latin alphabet as well, so you kinda ignore it.

And before Russians were reunited w/ the rest of EU in WoW. It's zee Germans who're the scourge in bgs, everyone was bitching about their premades and cheating, and in PvE there's Turks and Greeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    @Annellie @Lord Pebbleton @wholol

I have followed your discussion regarding Russians in WoW and I wanted to add my thoughts on the matter. I have met a lot of toxic Russians in M+, they usually leave after a wipe or are bad for whatever reason and can't speak English, and yet I still apply to Russian M+ groups and invite Russians. The reason is simple, I have also met nice Russian groups and had a lengthy discussion about this topic. I don't want to stigmatize a whole group of people because there are so many of them, simply because I wouldn't want to feel bad for the nice ones, they don't deserve it they are trying to make a better impression for their people and feel just as bad about the toxic ones. It is also illogical to bash on them even if 99,99% of them are like that. Nobody is born evil, and as such I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge before I interacted with the individually, no matter how low the chance is. The ones that are good people deserve it. Imagine a legitimately nice Russian gets hate/kicked from a group, what has he done to deserve it? Nothing, it is not his fault. All he can try is to convince his other Russians to realize what they are doing is bad for them as well. And if you think all WoW Russians are bad then you are simply wrong simply because I have met a few nice ones that are not toxic, exploiters and cheaters and also speak English well.
    I think most people don't mind inviting Russians or kick them out of nowhere. But if you have 2 people from the same spec and ilvl, one is Russian, the other is not, who you gonna invite? I am gonna invite the non Russian, it can happen that it's someone much more toxic or bad but you don't know and it's normal for people to avoid people who are usually troublesome. Of course there's awesome Russians, I have met a few online and even in real life. But again, generalizing is unfair but totally normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Why is everyone whiny like a little baby? Americans had to deal with this for a long while. So many game experts here, yet non of you actually are. I could not give two, three, four, one, nine shits about multiple servers for specific countries. If I try and speak to you and I get no reply, boohoo, no problem, off to the next one.

THE ONLY problem will be trade/general chat being filled with foreign languages.
    Its only foreign for you, if you dont understand then its maybe not aimed at you?
    Mixed servers are good in wow, the more ppl the better.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    I hope they have russian servers. (And i hope for a Eastern European server also but that will prob not happen)

That way everyone else wont have their game experience ruined.
    What's the point of Eastern European server? Everyone there has their own language and in games like WoW just use English or Russian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AIBot View Post
    Its only foreign for you, if you dont understand then its maybe not aimed at you?
    Mixed servers are good in wow, the more ppl the better.
    of, from, in, or characteristic of a country or language other than one's own.
    Oh really Sherlock? Technically English is foreign to me too
    -K

I wonder why this bluepost is not on the frontpage of mmo champ right now, given the amount of replies it has in the official forums and the outrage that it has sparked!?

Apparently someone made a live support ticket and got a response: "We are working on a statement to this topic". I mean all the forums are basically burning atm. Its almost as bad as the forced real id stuff they wanted to do. They have to give us realms or this game is doa.

Just to give some scale: the EU thread has 2.5k replies by 841 different users. The german one has 3.6k replies by 1.2k different users. The french one has 374 replies by 197 differnt users.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-06-21 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How many languages de you speak?

Do you know how much time it takes to learn a New language? And it's even harder if your native language has no ties to the one you're learning (Russian vs English in this thread)

Demanding that players learn a new language to play a game is ridiculous.
    If you can't speak English you shouldn't be allowed to interact with people who do speak English.

Just wanted to say this:
    I see some people here claiming it's a Russian premade if you see 2 or more Russians in the same bg. This isn't true.
    Russians are only teamed up with other Russians in random bgs, so if you see that everyone in the enemy team are Russian, it doesn't mean that they are a premade(they could be though). This is something I've seen a lot of people believe to be true for a long time and it never seems to die.

However, if you see a couple of Russian names mixed in with English names, it means the group leader is a character on an English realm and then they are for sure atleast a 5+ premade. These is the Russians you don't want to meet in bgs. The full Russian teams are just as bad and non-premade as any other random English realm player.

Cyrillic names are kinda annoying though, not being able to read their names.

--------

If Blizzard would change their mind and open a single French/Spanish/German realm for each language, should the realms be pvp or pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If Blizzard would change their mind and open a single French/Spanish/German realm for each language, should the realms be pvp or pve?
    Cant speak for Spanish/French people but I think a single german realm wouldnt be enough for all of us. My estimate before they announced this was something like 6 german servers in total, 3 PvP 2 PvE and 1 RP. Or maybe 4 with 2 PvP 1 PvE 1 RP.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's not true. I'm Russian and I don't cheat and I didn't see anyone cheating. You're just spreading Trump propaganda. Stop with that.
    Dota 2, CS, wow bgs, every goddamn places where you can find russians you'll find these abusers, toxic pos and so on. It's not propaganda to say that your people are the most hated group amidst the gamers in EU.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    What is this I don't even...

Are Activision Blizzard intentionally trying to kill their new game so players stay at EU BFA instead? Are they that afraid the EU BFA servers will ghost town because of Classic?

Feeling the hype for Classic dying in Euroland. Those feels. What could possibly go wrong?
    Last edited by Nixiuz; 2019-06-21 at 05:12 PM.