Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The accomplishment of having mana issues in the early game, then improve your gear, getting more and more mana and more and more spirit, and can turn from a mice to a healing beast through choosing what's more important: more mana or more output. That's something that is missing on retail: healer now have more healing output, wooooow... but everything else that matters about healing was destroyed.

Back then i was always made fun off that i completely throw my priest into every spirit-gear i got. But in the end i was then the best healer, because i didn't had any mana issues and also never needed an innervate on me.

The accomplishment, being a healer that actually cared about the gear and was able to heal through anything was an insane good feeling.

But: Never again i want to see mp5. Having both spirit and mp5 was stupid. Beside of this i really want to have mana back, maybe even the 5 second rule; BUT: Spirit should have meditation baked in, always giving mana inside the 5 second rule and gaining a boost outside of it, especially when you drink.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-06-21 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    This has lead to a bunch of spells being so horrible in PvP that they got removed. Spells I thought were really fun and interesting. Spells like Drain Mana, Mana Burn, Mana Tap and Viper Sting.
    Mana burn effects where toxic. Back in WotLK i remember doing 2s as holy pala, and evertytime we faced a disc i knew we already lost the arena: you can either LoS the priest and not heal your dps at all, or you can not LoS and be mana-burned to death. They could also dispell divine plea. It was toxic AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Mana burn effects where toxic. Back in WotLK i remember doing 2s as holy pala, and evertytime we faced a disc i knew we already lost the arena: you can either LoS the priest and not heal your dps at all, or you can not LoS and be mana-burned to death. They could also dispell divine plea. It was toxic AF.
    Remember the sound of psychic scream followed by Mana burn(s)?
    Like nails on a chalkboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You deserved every mana burn for playing heal in 2s kek

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    People in this thread are actually against the concept of having mana in a RPG game. Madness. Thank god that we actually won the war and we are getting the proper game back.
    They've been trained by Blizzard not only to despise, but also to actively hate even basic RPG concepts such as mana or magic resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Interesting that the overwhelming majority of people in this thread who are advocating for the reintroduction of mana are all people who either
    1. 100% do play or
    2. post mostly in the forums of classes

that do not use mana at all and instead use infinite resources such as energy and focus, i am shocked after realising this

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Also remove buttons please. Just have one big ass toggle in the middle of the screen, which says "DPS" so I am not confused. Thank you blizzard.
    Also let me remove players and player that posts idiotic replies so I can erase the time they wasted from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    Also let me remove players and player that posts idiotic replies so I can erase the time they wasted from me.
    And being stupid enough to waste even more time by replying. Smart boy.

(Infracted - Flaming)
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2019-06-23 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    And being stupid enough to waste even more time by replying. Smart boy.
    and stupid to respond to reply...I can do this all day long...

Mana being a resource like healers caused issues. It made it so short fights heavily favored mana users (assuming they could burn through their pool in time), while long fights favored resource users like warriors/rogues/feral druids. I also do not think it was very fun to play with. Running OOM was not really a skill thing, it was just something that happened after X seconds of using your rotation, then you were stuck using a wand until you had enough mana to cast your spells again.

Healers and their mana have always been much more skill based. Minimizing over healing and maximizing HPM (healing per mana) has always been a fun aspect of the game. Coordinating as a team to make sure you always had enough mana to make it to the end of the fight is enjoyable to this day. You end up with very varied fights such as Ursoc from EN (which was basically constantly burning your mana until OOM) versus Mythic Jaina (which was a lot more about conservation, timing cooldowns, and coordinating drinking) and everything in between.

The issue comes from the core relationship between healers and dps. DPS never want to slow down, their goal is to kill the boss as quickly as possible. Meaning there is not a scenario you can imagine someone wanting to downrank DPS spells or choosing to do less damage to conserve mana. That defeats the purpose of being a damage dealer. DPS doing more damage and ending a fight faster allows for healers to spend more time contributing to damage (as they need less mana to heal) or potentially allowing a healer to drop entirely for another DPS slot. Historically, the only time casters would downrank is on exceptionally long fights where OOM was guaranteed, and they would switch to a higher DPM (damage per mana) spell to conserve their mana. It wasn't really fun either, it was just a "this fight lasts longer than X seconds, so we need to use Rank Y instead of Rank Z to maximize DPS". A healer, however, whose whole gameplay was about maximizing mana and playing wack-a-mole, downranking added a huge variety to their toolkit. Several low ranked spells could be essentially spammed while OOM because their cost was less than your regeneration.

Essentially, for DPS, mana only serves as a time limit for their effective DPS. Blizzard recognized this and either gave casters a way to regenerate mana when needed (Aspect of the Viper for Hunters, Seal of Wisdom for Paladins, etc). Eventually Blizzard removed mana as a resource for most DPS and just gave them an actual resource bar that no longer put them on a time limit. The only real way to make mana interesting for a DPS is to do something like Arcane Mages.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The accomplishment of having mana issues in the early game, then improve your gear, getting more and more mana and more and more spirit, and can turn from a mice to a healing beast through choosing what's more important: more mana or more output. That's something that is missing on retail: healer now have more healing output, wooooow... but everything else that matters about healing was destroyed.

Back then i was always made fun off that i completely throw my priest into every spirit-gear i got. But in the end i was then the best healer, because i didn't had any mana issues and also never needed an innervate on me.

The accomplishment, being a healer that actually cared about the gear and was able to heal through anything was an insane good feeling.

But: Never again i want to see mp5. Having both spirit and mp5 was stupid. Beside of this i really want to have mana back, maybe even the 5 second rule; BUT: Spirit should have meditation baked in, always giving mana inside the 5 second rule and gaining a boost outside of it, especially when you drink.
    Ehhmm do you sprit increased mana and hp regen but only when you were out of combat right? Mp5 was what mattered. Spirit was actualy garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

And thats why you never balance mmorpg game as compettive pvp game.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    You are wrong here. If all DPS specs has an INFINITE DPS rotation, it is easy to balance. That is what they have today..
    And what we have today is such a fun successful go at it right? If most had an actual resource to manage abilities would be balanced around the downtime. Not smashing the lighting up icons. Infinite RNG is all blizzard knows now.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    It wasn't fun being the mana battery as a shadow priest, knowing that you were brought along just for that one feature and not because you were actually awesome. Any shadowpriest would do and you just happened to be there at the right time.
    It wasn't fun casting Innervate on that one DPS that constantly didn't know how to manage their own mana and yelled INNERVATE ME PLX I NEEDZ MANA!!! Usually Innervate would be nice to save for when the healers needed to keep us alive, but noooo, use it on the crappy DPS, of course, no problem.

THE IDEA is good. But the implementation will not be good. There was a time for that kind of gameplay and that time was years ago. You can enjoy a little bit of that gameplay in Classic, but I do not and will not ever miss it.
    that has more to do with the classes being shit overall than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Mana hasn't been a relevant thing for most classes for longer than it ever was a thing. Play Classic if you want to stand still for 5 seconds doing nothing
    If you end up standing still doing norhing you were just bad at mana managment.

Yes. A warlock playing without mana and lifetap does not feel right

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Ehhmm do you sprit increased mana and hp regen but only when you were out of combat right? Mp5 was what mattered. Spirit was actualy garbage.
    Depends on the classes.
    Two classes worked on mp5 (shaman and paladins). Two worked on spirit (druid and priests).