Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Still no signs of weird Chicago gangs...good...good.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this "I closed the gate" meme about?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Still no signs of weird Chicago gangs...good...good.
    I still can't believe that episode. I mean, what was the point? I guess maybe to illustrate Eleven wasn't unique in terms of having powers?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I still can't believe that episode. I mean, what was the point? I guess maybe to illustrate Eleven wasn't unique in terms of having powers?
    The new comic shows other kids in the program in the 70's before the current show.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

My only worry is that the serie jumps into the "biggerer betterer more epicer" train aka trying to force itself to top the last one and then by that having matters go over the top. The relatively small scale always played well for the serie.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else hearing C'thun from WoW when the 'thing' talked? Are we to assume the mindtaker is what is out there or just some random baddie? Doesn't really make sense that some even badderer baddie was there the whole time and just not able to go home....but I'll wait to see.Could either be jumping the shark or really good, no idea.
    BAD WOLF

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well there were obviously others before Eleven. And it also set up the mad Doctors return

I had no problem with Chicago. We got to meet her older "sister." And likely set things up for a future conflict, and meet and greets with other sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Oh no, it looks like Billy may get taken over and go evil? I was hoping he’d join the gang.
    Seems a little obvious/big reveal to give away but I guess they could go in that direction.

I think billy's turmoil and anger will be about coming out as gay.

I think its more likely the mayor/the mall will be the source of the new evil, not ole billy little nips

(if you're wondering why I think Billy is gay its because of a few scenes as well as the new trailers)

1.) Billy Obsessing about "King" Steve and basically dry humping him in basketball.
    2.) Billy talking about "plenty more bitches in the sea" when half nude with Steve in the showers, not gay at all.
    3.) His dad being super oppressive and trying to out alpha him.
    4.) Mike and nancys mom being super cougar and making moves on him but billy not actually hitting her up on it or doing anything about it.
    5.) Again Nancy's mom giving him the look in the new trailer. I dont think this show is THAT progressive to have the protagonists mother hook up with the much younger boarding on pedo bad boy
    6.) His anger issues in general.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-06-22 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What's this "I closed the gate" meme about?
    A blatant attempt to force viral marketing?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think billy's turmoil and anger will be about coming out as gay.
    Not saying they shouldn't touch on the themes of closeted homosexualtiy, but a mass demogorgon outbreak is more believable than a gay teenager being accepted by his peers in a small midwestern town in the 80s. If they're going to go in that direction, I just hope they don't forget that these kids aren't supposed to be millenials.

As for the Chicago episode, I think they were kind of betraying the charm of the series. It's meant to be a nostalgic homage to the 80s horror and adventure movies by Spielberg, Cronenberg, Carpenter, and King. Not The X-Men.

I mean, maybe they were trying to go for a Scanners or Akira vibe, but in actual execution it just felt like an episode of Heroes, and not even a particularly good one.

Now that the day arrived I more excited to watch it than I thought I was. How are usually the release dates? Same time for the whole world? 8am UK/Portugal - In 6 hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Now that the day arrived I more excited to watch it than I thought I was. How are usually the release dates? Same time for the whole world? 8am UK/Portugal - In 6 hours?
    It’s 12 midnight in PST (California) 3AM EST (NY). I think UK is 5 hours ahead of NY. So yeah, 8 sounds about right.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Its out now

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Its out now

Omega beam hype lulz

Omega beam hype lulz
    Whats the problem? I am hyped for this.

Whats the problem? I am hyped for this.
    ...As Am I.

Omega beam hype is downer now? Hard to keep up with internet lot.

...As Am I.

Omega beam hype is downer now? Hard to keep up with internet lot.
    Felt like you were being sarcastic to my post thats all.

Felt like you were being sarcastic to my post thats all.
    Well I wasnt. And now you made it weird so im gonna go play Ps4 and will watch some later and will avoid this thread incase of spoilers. Because people on the net are lame with spoilers and expect you to watch a season in a day.