Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much do you bench press?

I can bench 70kg but i'm a small little twink so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I dumbbell bench press. 5 sets x 10 reps with 52kg

The bar.

7+ Year Old Account
    My current max on barbell bench press is 245lbs for 1 rep. I'll have a spotter there for lift off and in case I need a spot.

Bench is my weakest compared to my squat and deadlift.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-06-22 at 11:40 AM.

At my best 100kg 3x.

Today, I wonder if I'd manage 20kg

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I can bench 70kg but i'm a small little twink so whatever.
    380 front yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bench press 2 draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I use to work out with weights on a regular basis, I was doing 228# for 8 reps as part of my routine. But that was back in my physical prime in my mid 30's. Today, some pushups ( 8 ) during the winter when I do not have outdoor chores to do, is it along with some other easy exercises, such as pull-ups. At my age, I feel good being able to do pushups. lol!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Very little, honestly. My chest is one of my weakest muscles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok all joking aside 225lbs I can do 12 reps in 2 sets. I don’t do weights other than once a week and typically it’s curls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Ok all joking aside 225lbs I can do 12 reps in 2 sets. I don’t do weights other than once a week and typically it’s curls.
    Nice! You are a beast!. But once a week? Not that good for you actually. When I worked out with weights, I did them a min of 4 times a week. Usually 5 times a week, would rest over the weekends. But I was also running 5 miles in 38 mins, 4 times a week.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

the bar and 10kg on each side. and that is pushing it!
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Nice! You are a beast!. But once a week? Not that good for you actually. When I worked out with weights, I did them a min of 4 times a week. Usually 5 times a week, would rest over the weekends. But I was also running 5 miles in 38 mins, 4 times a week.
    Beast nah. I don’t do weights like I did when I was a kid, so banging out a few reps and a couple sets is pretty easy and 225lbs is near or around my body weight. Now that I’m older I just do the hour a day 4 days a week Push Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups and running for 30 minutes. That’s all I do now.

I do weights regular once a week but bench press isn’t in my general rotation.

Sounds like you do a lot of strength training, but for me it’s cardio and personal body weight I think is better for my overall health.

I already fucked around and got sciatica I think. But diet and tightening up seems to have made it go away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Beast nah. I don’t do weights like I did when I was a kid, so banging out a few reps and a couple sets is pretty easy and 225lbs is near or around my body weight. Now that I’m older I just do the hour a day 4 days a week Push Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups and running for 30 minutes. That’s all I do now.

I do weights regular once a week but bench press isn’t in my general rotation.

Sounds like you do a lot of strength training, but for me it’s cardio and personal body weight I think is better for my overall health.

I already fucked around and got sciatica I think. But diet and tightening up seems to have made it go away
    I use to. Not anymore. Mine now is more about maintaining overall general decent fitness for my age. And like I said, any exercising as in a certain type and routine, is done during the winter. I have enough chores to do on our little mini farm during the spring, summer and fall, other exercise is not needed. Except I do some yoga type ones at night before I go to bed, to work out the kinks I have in my spine left over from my daily chores.

And as long as my belly is smaller than my chest, I feel I am doing ok. I honestly do not think heavy weight lifting is that good for a person for long term health. Moderate lifting to maintain good muscle tone is good. Also, running is not the best. Walking is better I think and much easier on your joints. Just takes longer to get the same beneficial results from running. I do go for long walks along my nature trails back in the woods often.

10+ Year Old Account
    120kg 1rm, 100kg for 3 sets of 5.

Two wives

/10char

Not much. The bench doesn't even leave a mark on the floor when I try to press it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I use to. Not anymore. Mine now is more about maintaining overall general decent fitness for my age. And like I said, any exercising as in a certain type and routine, is done during the winter. I have enough chores to do on our little mini farm during the spring, summer and fall, other exercise is not needed. Except I do some yoga type ones at night before I go to bed, to work out the kinks I have in my spine left over from my daily chores.

And as long as my belly is smaller than my chest, I feel I am doing ok. I honestly do not think heavy weight lifting is that good for a person for long term health. Moderate lifting to maintain good muscle tone is good. Also, running is not the best. Walking is better I think and much easier on your joints. Just takes longer to get the same beneficial results from running. I do go for long walks along my nature trails back in the woods often.
    Mini farm sounds cool.

Yeah me and my fiancee have been working out together, which I worried about at first, because I don't like to be distracted, if I get distracted, I can get out of routine, but I have learned to share and it has worked out.

She is in perfect shape in my view but she wants to get more tone and muscle, and so when it comes to weights, she does her thing, but I help her with that a little. I generally teach her a few things like how to basically get used to her own body weight, trying to get her to do some pull ups by fall hehe

I also agree with you on the walking, I have an elliptical, but I do love going for walks, I am with you on the maintaining because yep I got those Genetics my dad drank like a fucking fish and had the beer gut, so I make it point not to drink and keep the salt and sugar down.

I do meditate though, but Yoga isn't something I have done well with.

Tried that Hot Yoga shit and this 5'2 Asian woman teaching the class was kicking my ass. I made it through, but I think I am going to have to start with something a bit simpler

Haven't done any bench pressing in years. I peaked at 415lbs back in the summer of 2016.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis