Poll: Which WOW version will you play?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's impossible to answer to that question now. How will I know what I feel about the games after those 14 months?

Retail, no question about it. I like to move forward and see new things in the game and I've already played through classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    When Classic is released and for the year after that which version of WOW will you play the most Classic or Retail?
    will main retaill just because its the current game, but will probably switch to classic here and there when the content drought starts

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how trash retail is right now I'll probably play classic, not for a year though, I already know I'm gonna get bored after few months of it.

A LOT of classic players will also be playing retail because that's where you can buy tokens with gold. If Classic was a separate sub, or if you could also buy tokens in Classic, you might have less of an overlap, but with things being as they are, the overlap will be quite substantial.

I will slowly level a character on classic in preparation for when Blizz caves and allows classic mounts and appearances to transition to retail.

Classic would be like if they reintroduced Windows 95. Yes, if you used nothing but DOS and suddenly are handed 95, you might think it was the greatest thing ever. But to use it now, it would seem outright primitive by today's standards.

I will not play Classic.

Probably a little of both, but depends on what new content comes out during that year.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Curious, when (since it's subjective for everyone) did the game become not the one you signed up for? Me personally, Dragon Soul patch, however Firelands was really the beginning of the end. Started drinking heavily when I had to kite the dogs because no-one knew how to do it. When hunters couldn't comprehend Beth, when people couldn't comprehend what leg to hit when, how to fly through rings... yea. Dragon Soul however was the deathknell.
    I would say Cata was the start of it. WotLK was still decent but towards the end it was getting worse. Gear score LFG etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    Unless you meant the first 15 days of 2007, otherwise, you've been playing since Burning Crusade, which was released January 16, 2007.
    Correct, never said I played Classic, but TBC is much closer to classic than retail. (April/May 2007 to be correct).
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I strongly suggest you increase intake if you think classic will bomb. Wow classic will dominate WoW headlines from August onward in 2019
    most riddiculus thing ive ever heard. As soon as its released and the major hype has settled down in about a weeks time. You only gonna get news about retail and current wow. There is nothing to write about in classic. Maybe a small update when the next timegate is opened and a new raid is out. What you are going to hear on the other hand, is world first race in 8.2, dev talks about the future of wow, ptr news about 8.3. Classic is a done deal, no more developing. nothing. Just a tiny hotfix here and there

You really need to calm down on the classic propaganda aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    A bit of both I guess, leaning more on the retail version:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    You are going to play a version more then the other, thats inevitable.
    Not sure that it matters. I may play current version of the game for a few weeks then I might play the Classic version for a few weeks during downtime on the current version. I have no way to understand how you parse that out. I'm looking forward to Classic but I'm not one of the many on fainting couches about BfA. I'll play them both and whichever one I play most doesn't matter fuck-all to me. So maybe instead of a "both" option a "I'm not going to count the hours" option will be better. Either way it's implicitly setting one version of the game against the other and I'm not going to engage with that. I'm happy enough to have them both.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Classic is still reserved for the times when I'm bored with retail and waiting on the next patch/expansion. Though I'll probably play it during the first few weeks to a month at the least just to get to experience that on-release rush of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    They clearing said sharding will only be up until populations will be stable on servers, after that they will remove it entirely.
    I don't believe that for a second. Blizzard promised us Sylvanas was all about shades of grey and then she burns down Teldrassil. I stopped trusting them a while ago.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'm not currently subbed, but if I return then it'll be solely for retail.

I might randomly go spend time in classic or something, but a stagnant museum of old game design doesn't compare to something totally new. I went through it once and it was fun when I was 14 but now, almost sitting at 28, I seriously can't imagine myself wanting to go through it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Just like some people dislike the style of wow; a lot of us dislike the path wow took where it’s now one size fits all content. I’d prefer a more eq like experience than wow the diablo edition.

A lot of people luv the new style of wow tho and couldn’t think of going back to classic. To each their own.

Just trying to answer why I won’t be in retail
    yeah i get that, i just meant for those who like both really
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Quote Originally Posted by Skronk View Post
    yeah i get that, i just meant for those who like both really
    I may prefer classic style of mmorpg, but I’ve always said there’s enough wow for us all and a lot of people like the new arpg diablo 3 rpg lite version of wow.

It’s why I’m happy to go back to classic and leave retail for those who really enjoy that style of wow still; they deserve to have the wow they want as much as I do

I just kinda lost interest in the direction of wow midway through legion. I finished legion off but the game has become way too seasonal like d3; it’s now play the patch, not the expansion. There’s no ladder climb or beat A to b, B to C, etc. sure, guild poaching was a thing back then but I’d take that any day to have a real progression ladder to climb once again. One that get organic, and not artificial like m+ or 4 different tiers of the same raid. One size fits all wow

Been unsubscribed for the past 9 months, but if I were to come back, it would be for retail. As far as classic goes, I'd at most make a char, mess around till level 3 or so and be done. Not that I love retail, but I just don't see a point to classic. Stronger community, sure, but eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retail.

I've played classic already 13 years ago. I started near the end of classic but I played enough of it where I don't feel the need to play it all over again. They were good times, had awesome experiences and from those experiences I've developed awesome memories. Playing classic isn't going to bring those memories back to life. I'll try it out of course just to see how it is but it's certainly not going to replace retail WoW.

I think it's all hype right now. I mean I could be wrong of course and if I am, fine whatever, but I think people are just excited that Blizzard actually made a Classic version of the game like people always wanted. For the longest time people have been praising Classic WoW to be the superior WoW when technically it isn't. I think people are only taking what they remember from back then and applying it to today as if they can relive those experiences that they remember having. Playing Classic WoW won't be the same experience you had 13-15 years ago so if people are thinking otherwise I predict they'll be a bit disappointed. I think its a honeymoon phase right now. Sure it'll be the hot new thing for a few months but sooner or later people are going to gradually get tired of it and flock back to retail. Thing is too, how long is it going to take before people ask for BC WoW? WotLK WoW? Cata WoW? Like how far are we going to take this?

I'm perfectly fine with retail WoW. BfA really isn't that bad as people make it out to be in my opinion. Some say it's the worst expansion ever which I think is totally ridiculous. Most of these comments too aren't followed up with a reason why either it's just "BfA sucks". I mean I'm not going to say it's perfect or even great but it's not that bad. I actually had more fun playing BfA than I did with Legion and I loved Legion.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-06-22 at 01:53 PM.

Classic for sure. Just appeals way more to my preferences of how an MMORPG should play.

It's nice also having access to BFA on the same subscription, but I doubt I'll make much use of it.