Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    So a violent non-compliant criminal got shot.

Every case like this should have a link to these videos >
    -
    Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
    Chris Rock - Black People VS. Niggaz (Bring the Pain 1996)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The results of that ruling means today, cops have no legal obligation to protect the citizens. That is what matters. And yes, of course they have to obey the laws. But they do not have to protect you. They have to enforce the law, which requires them to respond to a crime being committed in a timely manner. You would lose a lawsuit if you try to sue them over failure to protect you, if the evidence shows they responded in a timely manner to the crime being permitted.
    That is profoundly sad. How often were we told growing up that police officers are sworn to protect? I'm fairly certain that "protect and serve" is the motto of several law enforcement agencies around the country.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That is profoundly sad. How often were we told growing up that police officers are sworn to protect? I'm fairly certain that "protect and serve" is the motto of several law enforcement agencies around the country.
    It is. And yes, several do, same here where I live. Just another example of I do not always agree with the Supreme Court's decisions. Here is the case as reported by the New York Times which resulted in that ruling....

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.

Which sort of explains my stance on being prepared to defend myself or loved ones and not rely on the police. Most ( if not all ) police departments are well aware of this ruling.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-06-18 at 12:06 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You didn't read it either. Those cases weren't about protection. The cases that was discussed were about preventing a crime that no one knew was going to happen. The cops couldn't just go arrest someone because they think something bad will happen. They didn't know that guy was going to kill his daughters. The other examples in that article are about domestic abuse. How are the cops going to prevent that? They can't. They can only act when a crime occurs. But if a person is pointing a gun at you, the cops have an obligation to stop that person from shooting you. Because that person is breaking the law. Thus preventing you from harm. So, yes, they are bad example. It's like cherry picking to the extreme. We aren't living in the same reality of Minority Report. Cops have to obey the law, too. They can't arrest you because they have a hunch that something will happen, maybe!!
    For hours on the night of June 22, 1999, Jessica Gonzales tried to get the Castle Rock police to find and arrest her estranged husband, Simon Gonzales, who was under a court order to stay 100 yards away from the house. He had taken the children, ages 7, 9 and 10, as they played outside, and he later called his wife to tell her that he had the girls at an amusement park in Denver.

Ms. Gonzales conveyed the information to the police, but they failed to act before Mr. Gonzales arrived at the police station hours later, firing a gun, with the bodies of the girls in the back of his truck. The police killed him at the scene.
    Here's another such case of the cops not doing shit to protect people. And the ruling saying that no, they don't have to protect you.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

1 day of riot's and nothing since. Either they find out it was a marshal that shot him and not local PD, realizing they were a tad quick to jump the gun, or he was only worth 1 day of riots. I think it's the former rather than the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    So a violent non-compliant criminal got shot.

Every case like this should have a link to these videos >
    -
    Chris Rock - How not to get your ass kicked by the police!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
    Chris Rock - Black People VS. Niggaz (Bring the Pain 1996)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
    I'm not sure you actually understand his jokes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm not sure you actually understand his jokes.
    I absolutely do. I even watched "everbody hates chris".

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely do. I even watched "everbody hates chris".
    What does watching 'Everybody Hate Chris' have to do with understanding those joke.

All it takes is basic knowledge of his style and jokes to know those JOKES aren't meant to be the used the way some people think.

He retired the black people joke because racist people were using it to be racist when it's just a joke. A joke that goes above their head.

The 'PSA' is more about police brutality than it is 'not getting your ass kicked'. If you know Rock and his history, especially on the subject of the police vs black people, you should know what inspired that 'PSA'.

7+ Year Old Account
    A shitty worthless thug got what he deserved and ofc the "upstanding" people of his so called "neighborhood" showed their color right after that with rioting...

Color me suprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    No I'm not you have to realize the us has 300 million people.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No I'm not you have to realize the us has 300 million people.
    Ok and? That doesn’t change that it isn’t only criminals and people with such a mind set that riot or have an adversarial view of the police.

How did this get to 11 pages? This is as clear as night and day.

Anyone who is arguing for the mob in this case is either trolling, mentally ill or just too dense to understand.

Either way, why waste time trying to argue with these people? Just be content that you know you're correct and move on

What does watching 'Everybody Hate Chris' have to do with understanding those joke.

All it takes is basic knowledge of his style and jokes to know those JOKES aren't meant to be the used the way some people think.

He retired the black people joke because racist people were using it to be racist when it's just a joke. A joke that goes above their head.

The 'PSA' is more about police brutality than it is 'not getting your ass kicked'. If you know Rock and his history, especially on the subject of the police vs black people, you should know what inspired that 'PSA'.
    I knew this was what you thought, you see what you want to see in these jokes. Comedy makes fun of everyone it portrays.
    I love Chris, and I hate dumb black people (niggaz).
    I like whites and I hate dumb whites (crackaz).
    I like cops, and I hate dumb cops.
    I like X and I hate dumb X.

Can literally be said for anything, cause dumb ass lazy, always trying to play you, good for nothing people make life worse. Skin color absolutely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew this was what you thought, you see what you want to see in these jokes. Comedy makes fun of everyone it portrays.
    I love Chris, and I hate dumb black people (niggaz).
    I like whites and I hate dumb whites (crackaz).
    I like cops, and I hate dumb cops.
    I like X and I hate dumb X.

Can literally be said for anything, cause dumb ass lazy, always trying to play you, good for nothing people make life worse. Skin color absolutely irrelevant.
    Jokes definitely have inherent meanings, otherwise how can even begin to say you know what the comedian is talking about?
    You completely misinterpreted both jokes then tried to double on it.

Jokes definitely have inherent meanings, otherwise how can even begin to say you know what the comedian is talking about?
    You completely misinterpreted both jokes then tried to double on it.
    This is my last comment for you: No I did not, your mindset is warped. Please go back to your safe space.