Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When the AP bug appeared in Legion(The quest in Surumar to kill named Captain and 10 guards), 10-15ppl in my guild exploited it, and got banned 10min-1week+
    The ONLY one NOT getting banned was the russian druid (he did it 15-20times!) So blaim blizz for the russian cheating, they allow them and dont punish them!

How does European wide realms recreate the classic feeling? Vanilla had Servers seperated by language. You had english/german/french. Now everyone can speak what they want, there is no "english" chat only restriction. Have fun with 8 different languages in chat.

"Make /join german or /join french chatchannels to combat this" - Why would I do this when I could have a whole server thats in my language.

I bet a fucking ignorant american is behind this decision.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-06-22 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    How does European wide realms recreate the classic feeling?
    It won't although I was never there.

It will emulate pirate servers a bit tho, kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It won't although I was never there.

It will emulate pirate servers a bit tho, kek.
    If they want to be like private servers then they should add dynamic respawn, no cooldowns for worldbuffs, shops where I can buy gold/mounts/gear/accounts/characters. And most importantly be on a donation only basis haha.

But I thought blizzard had higher standards for their game... feels like they treat Eu people like 2nd class customers.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2019-06-22 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    "Russian" isn't a race FYI. If people were railing against slavic people you could argue that's racism. People like to use the word "racism" in a way that is overly broad and not correct. It would be better if you accused people of misplaced nationalism or of being russiophobes. But racism is an actual real thing that is a serious problem, please don't dilute it by trying to apply the term inappropriately.
    Although the more technical term to describe it is xenophobe, racism as a term has evolved over the years.

It doesn't only signify the superiority of a race over another but now encompasses discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes.

Wikipedia goes into details about this if you read beyond the first few lines and into the details below, since race is something that has blurred over the years it has merged with xenophobia to become cultural racism and other form of neo-racism.

We do not need to argue the semantics, the bigger picture being fighting against discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Although the more technical term to describe it is xenophobe, racism as a term has evolved over the years.

It doesn't only signify the superiority of a race over another but now encompasses discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes.

Wikipedia goes into details about this if you read beyond the first few lines and into the details below, since race is something that has blurred over the years it has merged with xenophobia to become cultural racism and other form of neo-racism.

We do not need to argue the semantics, the bigger picture being fighting against discrimination.
    People of certain political ideologies have tried to "re-purpose" the word "racist" and "fascist" to encompass anything that doesn't match their own political believes. I will not play by their rule book.

Racism originally is defined as being hatred against people of different skin color (race) just because they belong to that particular race. Btw. this definition works for EVERY skin color. Rejecting specific ideologies be it religious or political does not fall under racism. If you dislike certain nationalities that may not necessarily be a smart thing (in every nation you'll have good and bad people), but that also is not racism.

People use -ism and -phobe words way to often to shut down actual discussions. If someone has concerns related to specific topics it is important to listen. When there is no willingness to listen anymore then people will just show you the middle finger. Please understand that I'm trying to keep this post a bit more generic in certain aspects to avoid heated discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by nodlimax View Post
    People of certain political ideologies have tried to "re-purpose" the word "racist" and "fascist" to encompass anything that doesn't match their own political believes. I will not play by their rule book.

Racism originally is defined as being hatred against people of different skin color (race) just because they belong to that particular race. Btw. this definition works for EVERY skin color. Rejecting specific ideologies be it religious or political does not fall under racism. If you dislike certain nationalities that may not necessarily be a smart thing (in every nation you'll have good and bad people), but that also is not racism.

People use -ism and -phobe words way to often to shut down actual discussions. If someone has concerns related to specific topics it is important to listen. When there is no willingness to listen anymore then people will just show you the middle finger. Please understand that I'm trying to keep this post a bit more generic in certain aspects to avoid heated discussions.
    Please read the last line of my previous post again.

I'm not here to discuss which word is more prevalent to this discussion, if you dislike the usage of the word neo-racism or cultural racism then just replace it with xenophobe or whatever you prefer, so long as we're on the same page, is this conversation about discrimination or semantics?

It feels like even if my words were as simple as " make peace not war" or "don't discriminate" , people would still find ways to avoid the point and debate the most meaningless of things, basically arguing for argument's sake and not the actual message behind it.

Please read the last line of my previous post again.

I'm not here to discuss which word is more prevalent to this discussion, if you dislike the usage of the word neo-racism or cultural racism then just replace it with xenophobe or whatever you prefer, so long as we're on the same page, is this conversation about discrimination or semantics?

It feels like even if my words were as simple as " make peace not war" or "don't discriminate" , people would still find ways to avoid the point and debate the most meaningless of things, basically arguing for argument's sake and not the actual message behind it.
    I'm telling you that you cannot "fight against discrimination". It is possible to keep discrimination on low levels by using certain tactics. However you will never fully get rid of discrimination except if you "remove" every element from a society that follows different ideas than your own.

Also you need to consider that discrimination always depends on what point of view you have. If someone says that driving through a city with 150km/h is a good idea and I tell him that he's an idiot do you think that is discrimination? I pretty much talk down to that person in that moment because of a bad idea. It's the same with any other topic.

Being mean to someone that for example is overweight could also have different meanings. Some are just mean to push these people to lead a healthier lifestyle. Is it discrimination? You can definitely define it that way, but look at the whole body positivity "movement" and the kind of bad effect it has on society. Sometimes being mean is also a way of helping.

And to get back on topic - if the EU servers aren't at least covering the main languages (En, Fr, Ger and maybe It, Sp) you will actually see a lot of "bad" discrimination happen on these servers due to language barriers and so on. Sorry, but that is the truth of the matter.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm telling you that you cannot "fight against discrimination". It is possible to keep discrimination on low levels by using certain tactics. However you will never fully get rid of discrimination except if you "remove" every element from a society that follows different ideas than your own.

Also you need to consider that discrimination always depends on what point of view you have. If someone says that driving through a city with 150km/h is a good idea and I tell him that he's an idiot do you think that is discrimination? I pretty much talk down to that person in that moment because of a bad idea. It's the same with any other topic.

Being mean to someone that for example is overweight could also have different meanings. Some are just mean to push these people to lead a healthier lifestyle. Is it discrimination? You can definitely define it that way, but look at the whole body positivity "movement" and the kind of bad effect it has on society. Sometimes being mean is also a way of helping.

And to get back on topic - if the EU servers aren't at least covering the main languages (En, Fr, Ger and maybe It, Sp) you will actually see a lot of "bad" discrimination happen on these servers due to language barriers and so on. Sorry, but that is the truth of the matter.
    Fat shaming is not helpful in any way, because usually the shaming is done as way to make the people feel like shit, not encouraging them to have a healthier life don't lie to yourself. Being "skinnier" is not totally healthy, otherwise you would say that annorexic fashion models are healthy, I do not think you want to imply that.

Related to the topic, if there is at least 1 russian player that is not a cheater (and I am pretty sure there are more) then it is wrong to say "all russian players are cheaters". If we are going to discuss semantics, please also speak properly.

you have the definition of discrimination completely wrong. ill link the first thing that came out on google in english for you to read: https://www.eoc.org.uk/what-is-discrimination/

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    you have the definition of discrimination completely wrong. ill link the first thing that came out on google in english for you to read: https://www.eoc.org.uk/what-is-discrimination/
    Too bad the link is not accurate then. Becasue they take their info from UN human rights. They missed some in article 2. But then again most "defenders" of the human rights tend to miss that little detail because they dont want to be caught found breaking the rules from the thing they always yapp about.
    That little detail is "Political views", they usualy skipp that because if they actually bring that up they can not discriminate against people wich political views they dont agree with.

https://www.un.org/en/universal-decl...-human-rights/

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
    But then again the UN is a huge joke. They have tried to enforce a world wide ban on criticising Islam so...
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-06-22 at 05:00 PM.

this sucks. its not vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    How does European wide realms recreate the classic feeling? Vanilla had Servers seperated by language. You had english/german/french. Now everyone can speak what they want, there is no "english" chat only restriction. Have fun with 8 different languages in chat.

"Make /join german or /join french chatchannels to combat this" - Why would I do this when I could have a whole server thats in my language.

I bet a fucking ignorant american is behind this decision.
    I would imagine it would be bad. I know in NA area really we only have to deal with English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Then sure a dash of French if you want to count a smallish part of Canada. We don't have language specific servers but everyone pretty much migrates to servers of that language minus French that often has guilds just because its a pretty small segment of the population and most of them English really well anyway. I see that being how this works out anyway if Blizzard for some bizarre reason not to just make the language servers. Germans will end up rolling and playing on server x and y. French of a and b. So on and so on. Since that is the case it just makes sense to make them labeled servers so less informed people can just find the language the speak server in my opinion.

Just seems to save unneeded frustration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    Fat shaming is not helpful in any way, because usually the shaming is done as way to make the people feel like shit, not encouraging them to have a healthier life don't lie to yourself. Being "skinnier" is not totally healthy, otherwise you would say that annorexic fashion models are healthy, I do not think you want to imply that.

Related to the topic, if there is at least 1 russian player that is not a cheater (and I am pretty sure there are more) then it is wrong to say "all russian players are cheaters". If we are going to discuss semantics, please also speak properly.
    Im russian, im not a cheater!!

In a way, you are both correct and incorrect about the removal of discrimination. It is generally very hard to alter the point of view of a person's deep-rooted beliefs , even if sound reasoning is provided. I feel that people must experience it first hand to learn, and change never comes quick but rather is a slow process of slightly shifting ideologies.

To remove discrimination one must place themselves in the other person's shoes entirely, since culture and environment play a big part in shaping how a person perceives and interacts with others, the spectrum of personalities is wide and people tend to be slightly different based on societal standards and culture.

Some cultures might encourage a type of behavior that is deemed as strange,rude or selfish by other cultures but the spectrum of personalities also apply here as well, so you might perceive for example that a certain culture being inherently selfish due to a certain ideology but in fact only applies to certain % of the populace, yet being unable to confirm that fact with your own eyes would dissuade you from any argument made to counter that point of view.

So in your examples, you are targeting a specific type of person, a person ( singular) is speeding, you are judging that person based on their ACTION, singular. You did not end up judging the entire populace of said country by assuming that since this one person's actions were to speed then all people in this country speed.

There's a difference between judging a person by their actions and labeling the whole of any particular group,nation, ethnicity or religion.

Not all French people are rude, not all African-Americans are criminals, not all Japanese are into manga/anime, not all jews are greedy, not all muslims are terrorists, the list can go on forever tbh. "Not all" doesn't mean the majority is, it means some are.

To understand actions one must think about the impetus behind said action, often than not , the reason behind the things people discriminate against isn't the specific kind of people but the circumstances which caused certain actions to occur, like crimes often being caused due to poverty , injustice or lack of education. As such the thing that we should be blaming isn't the society as a whole but the specific condition (I'm not saying criminals should go unpunished btw).

This is the type of discrimination I am talking about when I am talking about russians, people cannot say they don't want to play with russians because all russians who play wow are cheaters and rude, because that's not true. It's discrimination , pure and simple.

There's already a good number of friendly russians in this thread yet people somehow ignore that.
    Last edited by wholol; 2019-06-22 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post

You are twisting my words. I didn't say you have to be skinny. I said that sometimes being mean is a way to push someone to become healthier. You should understand that there is a healthy weight range for every person (that range varies based on how tall a person is and whether it's a man or woman). If you are above that weight range it will be unhealthy in the long run. The same goes when you are below that weight range.

You also have to understand that even in western societies we have LOTS of discrimination happening even in the current year. It's just in a different way than you may imagine. I could go into detail here right now, but that would completely derail the thread. Let's just say that even here in the WoW forums there are active forms of discrimination and they are quite common. Ever heard the term "wrath baby"? How about "Cata baby"? Ever seen the term "retailer" in this forum here?

Even Blizzard has actively participated and actually encouraged forms of discrimination => "You think you do, but you don't!" - "Don't you guys have phones?"

A lot of times you just don't notice the discrimination especially if it isn't directed at you. Even minor things and comments can be interpreted as discrimination by the other side. I do not encourage discrimination in any way but I also realize that I'm also just human. So like every human being I make mistakes as well.

Anyway this is related to the topic as I with the EU servers I expect a lot of intentional and unintentional discrimination

Edit:
    In a way, you are both correct and incorrect....
    *snip*
    I like you comment. I think you are pretty open minded when it comes down to this kind of topic and I could have a good discussion about it with you
    Last edited by nodlimax; 2019-06-22 at 07:08 PM.

honestly i dont see the harm in give each language their own server.

the only thing i would worry about is there not being enough demand for each language servers to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    So when I went to the EU English forums thread about the topic it said Russian players would be on thier own realms with their own client.

Does this satisfy people or is it simply the lack of dedicated Fr/Ger/Ita/Spa servers that was the main complaint (the thread got a bit derailed by "omg Russia cheat!" crap, which it would appear, is no longer an issue)
    How is it no longer an issue? Battlegrounds are cross-realm in Classic. So you'll still have those dreaded Russians beating your asses he-he.

I just checked the German WoW Classic forum related to this topic where they announced this. Within 2 days over 8100 posts have been made in that announcement thread. A huge majority of them are not positive...

This utterly retarded decision from Blizzard just left me agape.
    It's especially unbelievable considering they HAVE servers by language in current WoW, so REMOVING them for Classic is, well, unbelievable.

I was 100 % going to play on Classic, but that's one of the thing making me think I might actually not do so - I'm certainly NOT keen on paying full price to have the level of service I would expect for a private server.
    WTF went through the head of the complete retard who thought it was a good idea ?

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the German WoW Classic forum related to this topic where they announced this. Within 2 days over 8100 posts have been made in that announcement thread. A huge majority of them are not positive...
    It's the same on ALL forums. French, german and even EU-english. Everybody with a pulse is just flaggerblasted by how completely idiotic this decision is.