Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We won't stop until Jussie get life in prison for beating up himself!
    if it was an alt righter who turned out to be faking a hate crime and he got off with 2 hours of community service the media would never let this down. The media would be howling for weeks and wouldn't quit asking politicians what's going on/demanding answers with this case instead of being silent.

it's funny how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-kim-n1020286

Some good news in this case... A judge ruled today that a special prosecutor will investigate everyone and everything about this case. Also said Smollett can still be charged.
    How is that good news. Doesn't that essentially mean, that the police and prosecution did a major fuckup, ignoring the american criminal justice system, when arresting and indicting him in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    It is the fact that he tried to fake a hate crime. It is something that cannot go unpunished. He needs more than a slap on the wrist.
    I can't believe people are still trying to hitch their wagon to this guy. Time to move on to defending someone that actually deserves it.

It is the fact that he tried to fake a hate crime. It is something that cannot go unpunished. He needs more than a slap on the wrist.
    "But think of the potential conversations he could have started!"
    Some folk are so stubborn they insist on going down in their own ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I can't believe people are still trying to hitch their wagon to this guy. Time to move on to defending someone that actually deserves it.
    Yea, it is a pretty bad hill to die on if your goal is to eradicate hate crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Hold on... I thought hate crime wasn't defined in US law? That it wasn't really a thing in the US?

How can faking something that isn't illegal itself be illegal?
    I think you mean hate speech.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Hold on... I thought hate crime wasn't defined in US law? That it wasn't really a thing in the US?

How can faking something that isn't illegal itself be illegal?
    He claimed to be physically assaulted. Which is a crime. He used the term, hate crime as a way to make it sound worse. The guy needs to spend some time in jail.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Nobody else would get away with trying to look like a victim and lying. Though it will be interesting. Double jeopardy might come into effect... this is just so stupid.

His story changed several times. There were tons of holes in it from the beginning. And the entire media ran with the idea that whatever he said was true with almost no falsehoods. And if you doubted him you were a racist conspiracy theorist.
    A prosecutor's decision not to prosecute does not trigger double jeopardy, no issues there.

If anybody's confused about what the potential crimes here, can always go back and read the 16 felonies for which he was originally going to be prosecuted.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2019-06-22 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We won't stop until Jussie get life in prison for beating up himself!
    As I've said before, I'd be happy with him just admitting he did it. He could have at least kept his mouth shut instead of proclaiming his innocence, but nope, so now lets get the truth in court.

The prosecutor misconduct and police over-charging and all that, meh, Chicago.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

it actually has gone unpunished in terms of jail time....for decades.....

but black, Hollywood, liberal....I guess must be punished

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    black, Hollywood, liberal....
    a combination that lands you some of the highest privilege in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    As I've said before, I'd be happy with him just admitting he did it. He could have at least kept his mouth shut instead of proclaiming his innocence, but nope, so now lets get the truth in court.

The prosecutor misconduct and police over-charging and all that, meh, Chicago.
    The police didn't charge him with anything, he was indicted by a grand jury. Not the same thing.

it actually has gone unpunished in terms of jail time....for decades.....

but black, Hollywood, liberal....I guess must be punished
    Or you know we hold people fucking accountable, and I mean everyone, I do not give a shit what their skin color is, what side they lean on and if they're famous. You break the law you get punished, no special privilege.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good.

The public deserves closure on this.

- - - Updated - - -

SHit must suck for the people who just want this to go away.

Can the public just demand that the judge or whoever just drop this witch hunt and leave Jussie alone? Nobody cares about it anymore, it’s literally impossible to damage Chicago’s reputation any more than it already is, and his career and personal reputation is destroyed. Let it go, there’s nothing more to take from the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Can the public just demand that the judge or whoever just drop this witch hunt and leave Jussie alone? Nobody cares about it anymore, it’s literally impossible to damage Chicago’s reputation any more than it already is, and his career and personal reputation is destroyed. Let it go, there’s nothing more to take from the guy.
    maybe we would if Jussie would admit he lied. He wasted literally every bodies time and did harm to the credibility of literally every hate crime that's actually real.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    I mean you can always take away his freedom by charging him with the crimes he committed and throwing his ass in jail/prison. A message needs to be sent that faking fucking hate crimes WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTABLE. If you let this go with no punishment then that will just invite more people to fake hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    a combination that lands you some of the highest privilege in the world
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Or you know we hold people fucking accountable, and I mean everyone, I do not give a shit what their skin color is, what side they lean on and if they're famous. You break the law you get punished, no special privilege.
    I'd rather not spend 300k of tax payer money procecuting him...then another 40k a year housing him in jail for this...

There's no reason for it

I'd rather not spend 300k of tax payer money procecuting him...then another 40k a year housing him in jail for this...

There's no reason for it
    So you want people who broke the law to go free and not face Justice, got it. Next time you want someone to be arrested I will just bring up this quote of yours. The dude faked a hate crime, it is not like he stole a candy bar.