Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They haven't announced ANYTHING for 8.3 yet, have they? It does seem strange that no new allied races have been announced in over a year, but it seems they're holding their cards close to their chest for 8.3 and beyond. So they totally could be coming fairly soon despite not having been announced yet. I personally expect them for 8.3.5 or the next expansion's pre-order. Or maybe for the 9.0 prepatch when Tinkerers are introduced (lol).

They more than likely believe they can still bleed race changes from players with the current Allied races and the upcoming model upgrades of Worgen and Goblin.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizz hasn't announced 8.2.5 yet. And they're probably saving it for around when Classic launches to give people a double dose of "you should subscribe."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Both races are complete, the work is done to be a playable race.
    Both have body types, hairs and other features.
    At this point it would be a waist of dev time to not turn them into an Allied race.

The only question is why is blizzard not alrdy telling us they are coming?
    Why do you think they keep this info for so obvious dev step.
    Or will they save them and add two more and turn them into a Allied race being part of the next exp pack like we had at the end of Legion to bridge the time between the exp packs.
    Activision is in charge. Most likely they want to bleed every race change dollar they can before announcing any new races and hoping some of them buy a 2nd. Also wouldn't be surprised at all if both turn up as blizzcon announcements for the cash shop

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Hate for vulpera == hate for pandas
    So about the cows and wolves...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They're garbage furry bait and have little to no identity as a race. they're just a bunch of desert nomads that steal shit. They have practically no lore attached to them.
    And the tauren aren't. Naw. What does it matter why someone else plays x or y race? No skin off your arse...

Even the Lightforged and void elves have more lore substance than the Vulpera have. It's sad.
    Now they do. They didn't when they created them. Hell void elves only story was in the recruitment. They have been giving every allied race a storyline in its recruitment quest what makes you think they wont do the same for vulpera and mechagnomes?

When you look at every allied race there is no reason to hate the vulpera. They are what allied races should be, Tauren and Draenei allied races shouldn't have been clones with new tatoos/horns.

You can't even use the furry excuse when pandaren, worgen, tauren, harpies,etc... all exist in game and there are already several "furry" playable races. The only reason people suddenly think this will be the furry bait is because they themselves are attracted to them when they weren't attracted to the tauren et al.

Even if someone never wants to play one they should be begging Blizzard for more allied races that aren't just a couple extra customization options for the base race. Make Blizzard make more races like the Vulpera instead of slapping some red skin and moose antlers on a goblin.

Even the Lightforged and void elves have more lore substance than the Vulpera have. It's sad.
    Their identity has been pretty apparent during horde questing on vol'dun, and hey, new things can get expanded upon.

This line of thinking is the same as "this 1 new star wars movie must measure up to (or beyond) the previous y amount of movies, otherwise not good enough!". New things aren't bad because you don't like them, or because they're new and not as developed as something that's been around for 5+ years, and that's fine.

Things are good or bad on their own merits, new or old, but that's an entirely different can of worms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    We already have gnomes, why would we want mechagnomes? If anything, they ought to replaces all gnomes with some decent race

We already have taurens, now we have highmountain taurens.

We already have humans, now we have kul tiran humans.

We already have Trolls, now we have Zandalaran trolls.

That logic fell flat the moment you started typing.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    We already have gnomes, why would we want mechagnomes? If anything, they ought to replaces all gnomes with some decent race
    Because the devs like Gnomes.

Personally I'm excited for Classic. Back to the era of Gnome Punting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

We already have taurens, now we have highmountain taurens.

We already have humans, now we have kul tiran humans.

We already have Trolls, now we have Zandalaran trolls.

That logic fell flat the moment you started typing.
    My snarky remark went over your head.
    Point was that gnomes are revolting and should be eliminated

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, my earlier quote's been quoted so much now.

Lets face it - The Blizzard that originally came up with WoW is no longer the Blizzard we have now. Activision's has been pressuring Blizz, and if there's money to be made, they will make it.

Besides, despite everyone going "DESE RACIALS OP!!!!111one", Racials only boil down to MAYBE A .5% damage increase over any other race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I hope the mechagnomes join the Horde, but not the "good" mechagnomes but King Mechagon faction. We need a strong leader for Horde, and why not?CYBORG ORCS, TAUREN AND FORSAKEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Why cant they ever add a fun race, snake people pls, we dont need cute furry fox goblins, we need naga or sneks
    I’d be fine but I want the lizard people from MoP. Then I want to make a lizard man wearing lizard man skin

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah that's one of those citations we're going to be waiting until the end of time for, because it didn't happen.
    I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but it was worth asking about. You never know when someone will pull up an obscure quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'm surprised no-one seems to have pointed out the most likely reason, given Blizzard's problems with Allied races:

They're not entirely sure they'll be able to get them ready in time for 8.2.5.
    Someone later in the thread mentioned the goblin rework, which I'd forgotten about. And since Vulpera use the goblin skeleton, it's VERY likely they'll want to finish goblins first before implementing Vulpera. Makes sense from a dev standpoint: Springboard off the work on an earlier project to take advantage for the next.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    9.0 New tinker class. Only the small races can be them. Pre-order new expansion and unlock Vulpera/Mechagnome early!
    I would say this + a second pair of allied races as well

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Blizzard also announced aerial combat, dance studio, The Emerald Dream, a few other raids that were axed or turned into 5mans, and Path of the Titans was revamped over announcements.

Many things could still change.
    Played Wrath beta. Aerial Combat needed to be axed. It was a buggy mess. But true they change what they say frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i thought somewhere they said allied races will always be obtainable in game. something with racials that effect gameplay should never be sold for real money.
    I wonder what they said about gold, mounts, pets, toys and transmog

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hopefully because Vulpera aren't happening. It's not likely, but really don't want trash like Vulpera polluting my faction.
    I agree <3

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Hopefully because Vulpera aren't happening. It's not likely, but really don't want trash like Vulpera polluting my faction.
    I really pity players like you, the xpacks must have felt like one punch to the face after the other.

They're clearly waiting to launch the next round of allied races till the content drought. This is not particularly surprising. Why not use Vulpera to keep furries who would otherwise quit playing through the content drought?