Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    +1 for fighting games. Also FPS and platformers. Mostly things that are too hectic for me. There are now and then games of these genres that I enjoy, but overall I try to avoid them.

Sports, strategy, card games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    I dislike digital only downloads, as well as Games As A Service (GAAS).

It's greed on a dev/publishers part to exclude Brick and Mortar (ie actual location) stores, which is where I'd rather go to study the available games, their box art, then look them up individually to decide who gets my money.

Paid online game reviews are a corrupt shit-show, and I'd rather see just who put the most thought into the product they would like to sell, then have the opportunity to casually look up YouTube opinions, amongst my favorite like-minded reviewers.

I'm not always up-to-date on what just came out, but my local physical stores are.

.. All the same GAAS feels like a genre these days, as well as digital .. since they are the only way to play certain games.
    Although I wouldn't really consider this a genre, I'm totally with you on this. I despise digital only and online only games where they are treated not as a game but as a service. It's killing the soul of gaming. Of course my only exception is WoW. I can't stand the amount of corruption and greed infecting the video game industry. Just recently EA was defending it's loot box gambling by calling it "surprise mechanics". I'm not going to get too much into it but watch the video and see how full of bullshit they are.

Anyway my least favorite genre is probably those point and click games. It might be fun for a few minutes but it quickly wears on my patience. I'm more of an action guy I like to be jumping around swinging my sword or shooting guns in RPGs and action games.

Another would be strategy RPGs. As I said before I like action but when I'm playing a game I like to be in the action not watching it. I just could never get into those games, too slow for me I guess. This is not to be confused with turn based RPGs like the older final fantasy games. I'm talking about games like Fire Emblem where you have to move your guys around the map like playing chess. I love the characters and stories of Fire Emblem just can't get into the gameplay
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-06-22 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sports games, RTS games, and anything (first or third person) with a locked FOV. No that last one isn't a genre, they can still go fuck themselves though

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just cant play fps and rts games, definitely not my cup of tea.

The Console Walking-Simulators that are 90% Cutscene interrupted by bad Gameplay-Parts ala Uncharted, Tomb Raider, All David Cage Games...

New takes on old games that I already played to death that require me to learn a whole bunch of new things for the same experience. That really got me in overwatch, it was just basically a remake of tf2 mine cart maps but now I had to learn dozens of character specials just to play...more tf2 mine cart. Couldn't do it.

Sports games and realistic racing games.

Example, I love Crash Bandicoot Team Racing but I can't ever get excited or interested in games like Gran Turismo, Forza etc.

'Visual Novel' aka anime waifu dating shit... those games just creep me out.

Sports, racing and PvP games mostly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya2 View Post
    'Visual Novel' aka anime waifu dating shit... those games just creep me out.
    Yeah...I second this.

If a game is purely "PvP with strangers", its almost certain I'll dislike it. Especially if it has microtransactions tacked onto it.

turn based strategy games they're dated as fuck.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sports games (like Madden, FIFA, etc) and horror, I just can't get into them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

All ppl that are saying sports/fps games i guarantee you 90% of them are saying because they sucked at sports irl and suck at aiming in fps.. i never liked rts games but c&c95 and warcraft games were some of the best games i played

First person shooters and "Freemium" Browser/App games... You know the ones. Two types of currencies: One that is obtained in the game, the other which must be bought with money, and there's time gating preventing you from continuing in the game unless you pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    All ppl that are saying sports/fps games i guarantee you 90% of them are saying because they sucked at sports irl and suck at aiming in fps.. i never liked rts games but c&c95 and warcraft games were some of the best games i played
    This is about opinions on what people prefer... Not about what games are good/bad. Differences in opinions can exist.

Least favorite: Survival horror (too scary), MOBAs (how anybody can play the same arena/map with those 3 lanes over and over again for years is beyond me), browser-based games or mobile games (although technically not a genre, but I generally wouldn't spend a lot of time on these games unless I have no other choice).

Favorite genres: RPG (includes both JRPG and MMORPGs...WRPGs not as much, but some are still good), 2D/3D platformers and metroidvania, third-person action-adventure and hack and slash.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play any FPS games.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    (Real time) strategy games followed by (not really a genre) over the shoulder perspective games where your character is off-center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japanese Role Playing Games, either those datings sims or the ones where it;s just pictures of Japense anime on a background, not that I hate them I am not not into them personally.

Also Hex based Strategy games, Only strategy game sI like are RTS or Turned based RTS, but those hex based strategy games I cannot get into, I find them so confusing and just hard to get into :P

Also sports games or racing games, except for Mario Kart which is about my level of racing games lol.

Any indie game that has graphics that looks like it belongs on my NES Spectrum or Mega Drive. ~If I wanted to play a game like that I'd dig out those consoles.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-23 at 02:02 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Least favorite: Survival horror (too scary), MOBAs (how anybody can play the same arena/map with those 3 lanes over and over again for years is beyond me), browser-based games or mobile games (although technically not a genre, but I generally wouldn't spend a lot of time on these games unless I have no other choice).

Favorite genres: RPG (includes both JRPG and MMORPGs...WRPGs not as much, but some are still good), 2D/3D platformers and metroidvania, third-person action-adventure and hack and slash.
    Its the characters 4 abilities but they all work different ways and 120 different champs to go against. League has a ton of replay ability that it's strength.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!