Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will return when they get rid of the monthly fee.

I been subbed non-stop from February 2006 untill August 2017, so can't say i havn't contributed.

1. Bring back unqiue Class feel.
    2. Tanks are not just DPS with a shield anymore.

And the biggest of all:

3. Bring back server pride and community feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoukan View Post
    3. Bring back server pride and community feel.
    The only way that would begin to be possible is if they removed all forms of cross realm: No premade finder, LFD, or CRZ. Even then I wonder how many people care about server pride and community.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Although I’ve been thinking of playing wow again recently the two primary motivators for me not re-subbing anytime soon is time and fun.

BfA as it is isn’t very much fun, I played for a few months at the start of expansion. I don’t have the time commitment to raid and m+ got boring. Arena is dead, and classes aren’t fun enough for random bgs. Also world quests to me get very annoying.

I’ll be playing classic even though I won’t have the time to properly enjoy it. The gameplay won’t be exactly what I want but it’s closer than what the game is now.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Too many things need to change, including Blizzard itself from what it currently is, to come back to WoW so realistically that won't happen and I accept that. But for a perhaps more constructive answer:

1) Talent trees from TBC/WotLK
    2) PvP gearing from WoD
    3) Removal of Titan/Warforge
    4) VP vendors not blocked behind reps (like MoP pre-5.1)
    5) No timegating of raid wings
    6) Everything else from MoP after 5.1 (class design, flying, 5.1-type story progress etc)

Bonus points: reducing the number of difficulties of the same content (keep LFR, adjust the rest) and adding some optional open world content that is truly challenging and might need a small group to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The only way that would begin to be possible is if they removed all forms of cross realm: No premade finder, LFD, or CRZ.
    Sounds like music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Full 180 degree turnaround on all of Legion design aspects.
    This times infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Wow has ran its course for me.
    Played since EU and Korean betas, unsubbed after Nighthold.
    Will fuck around in classic for a few months, then go back to not playing any MMOs due to waste of time.
    But still manage to waste your time on forums for the same game you quit years ago. You say you are done with mmos, why are you still frequenting mmo-champion.com?

I only have 2 conditions:

• Playable Sethrak
    • A much larger gap in playstyle between all of the classes. So having an alt actually feels like a separate character and not just a reflavored version of another class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Ok. Some probably aren't gonna like my list, but any combination of these things would help for me:

- Bring back tier sets
    - Launch the Azerite system into the sun and never speak of it again outside of a "what not to do" lesson
    - Revert the GCD changes
    - Stop the bullshit timegating on flight and allow it immediately at level cap
    - A story that's not a total dumpster fire
    - Give us access to the old pre-Cataclysm world in current WoW somehow (through CoT, a Bronze Dragon NPC, or whatever, I don't care)
    - That includes access to old Naxx, old UBRS, old ZG, and so on
    - Bring back sharpening stones, weightstones, spelloils, socket bonuses, meta sockets, and enhancements for all gear slots except trinkets
    - Revert professions back to where they were in BC
    - Remove rep requirements for allied races
    - Remove transmog restrictions altogether (including legendaries, gray/white items, and what Blizzard calls "silly" mogs)
    - Remove titan/war/whatever else forging on gear
    - MoP class design
    All of these things, basically. So, what HE said.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I've been out of active raiding since I cleared ToS. I was a guild leader since SoO through ToS.

My wife bought me BfA and I played for a month, knowing I didn't have the time nor the will to play the game full time, so I just leveled some toons to keep them up for the next expac.

I've been thinking about returning just to try and pug some normals or maybe join a community that does normal mode raiding.

But I keep asking myself why would i spend $15 a month on one game when I've been enjoying the games in both my Steam and Xbox library that I didn't have the time to play when I was playing WoW. I also though about what i didn't like about the current game and my interests and what is stopping me from subbing.

So here goes nothing. This is what it will take for me to resub and give WoW another go around, for the next expac (I think BfA is just not worth it at all). Remember, these are mine and mine alone, both as a 11-year veteran of the game and consumer that understands my own PERSONAL value of my time and money. For those of you that wish to share yours, I make no judgments.

1. Get rid of any and all requirements to play the allied races. I really want to roll some of the allied races but just don't have the will nor the time to go back to old content to do them. I don't mind paying for race changes, but don't make me go back for old reps. I will pay $15 a month to play a new race that I've never tried before, especially horde side, to raid and explore the world with.

2. Bring back Master Looter for Guild groups only. Part of me wants to bring the band back together and run my guild again. Part of what made the experience more enjoyable was the loot system my friends and I agreed upon, which was EPGP. Part of what makes raiding enjoyable is gearing up and watching your character get more powerful. EPGP made it clear to the guild and to each member where they stood in terms of getting their next upgrade.
    Having PL and not knowing when you will get gear, and having issues with how trading works, does not appeal to me at all.

3. A new class, preferably a ranged class. I've rolled every new class they have ever introduced, and even mained a DH in Legion. Give the game a new class and I will play it, even if it is just an alt that does dungeons and LFR. They will get my money if they do this.

4. Make raiding a more desirable path for players, making it easier for people to find a guild/raid to enjoy. IE: Tier gear, or make the most desirable gear come from raids.

"The whole point for a lot of hardcore players is to show off your advancement. So we chose the best gear to be from raids, so we can recognize someone’s achievements based on their gear. The tradeoffs is that you lose everyone looking different and users expressing creativity. And if you try to have both, you'll end up muddled and somewhere in the between."
    - Former Blizzard VP of Design Rob Pardo, speaking at the Austin Game Conference on WoW design strategy.
    Raph Koster's Website, AGC: Rob Pardo's Keynote September 6th, 2006

Mythic+ and other systems are great for catchup/challenge, but raiding has always been a much harder, more challenging form of content. Make raiding great again.

5. Reduce the subscription fee to $10-12. While in 2004, the sub fee was $15, and that $15 was a lot more valuable than it is today, I am currently a the sole breadwinner in my family of 3. I only have so much entertainment money to spend. And right now, my $12 for Netflix is worth WAY more than a WoW sub.

I know these are probably tall orders, but hey, they are my conditions and if they are not met, then Blizzard isn't getting my money. Hell, I'd be happy if they did 2 or 3 of the five and probably resub.
    I think it's safe to say that most are subbing again for 8.2
    If you don't like anything in 8.2, then find another game..improve or created a social life and unplug from the game awhile.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Still subbed.

Raiding is still good ergo still here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    I will return when they get rid of the monthly fee.

I been subbed non-stop from February 2006 untill August 2017, so can't say i havn't contributed.
    There is nothing wrong with the monthly fee. If you enjoy the game, 14$ a month is pretty good. Consider how much some ppl spend on going out drinking , entertainment etc. I bet that number far exceeds the 14$ mark!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Too many, they will not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Class design that isn't as shallow as a kiddie pool.

Every other problem this game has right now pales in comparison to it's utter shit class design... I can live with all the other problems, I can't with that.
    What do you consider, 'class design'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    What do you consider, 'class design'?
    The design of the classes, their spell and ability toolkits... It's a pretty fucking straightforward term and that is how it's always been used by the dev teams, when they say class design, they are talking about *gasp* how the classes are designed, how is that possibly something you require an explanation for?
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-06-24 at 02:15 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The design of the classes, their spell and ability toolkits... It's a pretty fucking straightforward term and that is how it's always been used by the dev teams, when they say class design, they are talking about *gasp* how the classes are designed, how is that possibly something you require an explanation for?
    No, please go into detail about what you consider class design, how you would prefer the class design be, and why..

Can someone explain me exactly what about class desing is wrong? Everyone just parroting class.desing, class desing yet nobady have said anything on what they actualy dont like. Like what do you want? More buttons to press? Few useless spells for flavour? More class buffs? What? And dont say MoP classes becouse nobady is interested playing homogenized classes where every class feels and plays exactly same.

The only thing that will make me return is 2H Frost DKs and make Frostmourne obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    • No one is required to play allied races.
    • Agreed.
    • Game already has too many classes. A new one will just replicate others except for flavor.
    • Entrance into organized raiding is more a player-inspired problem than anything else. A lot of people have made up their minds one way or another about raiding. An extra few ilevels isn't going to change that.
    I thought this was what would get someone back to play the game and resub? Someone wanting allied races and their requirement removed is their condition come back to the game. Why does it matter if you don't have to play them or not have to do that? Same with a new class. That's THEIR requirements.

Someone could have the requirement that orcs be able to have pink skin. That's their opinion and requirement even if its silly.