Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    So earlier tonight a person claiming to be a developer did a Q&A on 4chan's /v/ board. Now I know your immediate thought is that it's nothing, but I found it interesting enough to share here. Some sounds plausible, but some of it is information that has been thought up by the community. Also for the sake of making a readable thread title pretend I put about 50 quote marks around developer in the title.

Some highlights:

• Claims that WoW will be implementing something akin to ESO's leveling system.
    • The level cap in 9.0 will be 60 and we'll be questing to level 70.
    • Claims that he's working on a faction merge prototype at the moment and testing how warmode could still leave PvP intact.
    • On the faction merge they're TALKING about letting people interact with the other faction as long as warmode is off. Orcs in SW and Night Elves in Horde guilds and so on.
    • The next allied races are Vulpera and Mechagnome and the ones after that are Lightbound Undead for the Alliance and some sort of Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde
    • High elves are doa.
    • No Sethrakk
    • Sylvanas survives into the next expansion, right now she's trying to stop N'zoth and after he escapes we'll fight her and reseal N'zoth as the final boss of BfA
    • After Sylvanas leaves to do her thing Lilian Voss is slated to become the new Forskaen leader although if "faction stuff" is scrapped then Calia with be the leader. (Whatever "faction stuff" means...maybe dissolving the factions gameplay wise? Or storywise?)
    • In 8.3 we "defeat" N'zoth but he isn't gone forever
    • Allegedly 8.3 was going to include Tyrande's revenge but since people were dissatisfied with the start of the expansion it got bumped forward
    • Baine and Anduin make peace and Sylvanas loyalists go into hiding
    • The next expansion will deal with the resurgence of the dragons (Wrathion finally comes back) as well as dealing with the forces of Death. Elune, some sort of aspect of the Light, has become "frenemies" with Death. Naturally the kaldorei are devastated that their goddess worked towards/allowed Tel'drassil to burn
    • Says that Bwonsomdi's boss is a "she", no name yet
    • Something about an orb we're getting as the new artifact/azerite system and a bunch of quests related to it? (Is this something on live?)
    • New class is Tinker with prestige classes along with it. Prestige classes being "class skins" you would have to unlock with Necromacer, Dragonsworn, and Dark Shaman in-progress at the moment.
    • Dragonsworn are a Driud skin and he gave the example that flame and frost would replace lunar cycles
    • Prestige classes are a seperate class. So if you played a Druid and unlocked Dragonsworn you would then have to make a new character rather than slap a skin on your Druid
    • Tinkers start at level 50. Tank/Healer/DPS that use mail armor. Tanks use power armor, Healers use healbots inbetween dpsing, and the DPS se stealth, bombs, mines, and guns
    • Player housing is forever in development hell

Anyway those were the most salient parts. There are bits and bobs in the screencaps below so take a look. And I swear to god if someone else made a thread about this as I was typing this up...

Imgur album for the screencaps: https://imgur.com/a/etFZctZ
    Here’s the archive link to the thread archive. Once it’s gone I’m not comfortable enough to link people to the 3rd party 4chan archive sites.
    http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/...ng-on-world-of
    I'm takin a pretty good guess that this is fake. A wow dev wouldn't leak this much info w/o being noticed i'm sure. I think some of these were ideas taken from players on here or other player forums. Vulpera area getting added in 8.3 most likely *seeing how MMOC has had them listed as an allied race since the launch of bfa*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Read the 4chan post because it gives more details and, I dont know if someone said it, it shared the exact date for patch 8.2
    Yes, a date that pretty much everyone already knew and had assumed 8.2 would release on.

I have no idea how legit this is or not, but the prestige classes sound like a very good idea. Easy and cheap for them, fun for us. If it's not something they are actually working on it should be.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another fake WoW Developer, really all of this is just base on YouTubers videos that pretend they are insiders...

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have no idea how legit this is or not, but the prestige classes sound like a very good idea. Easy and cheap for them, fun for us. If it's not something they are actually working on it should be.
    Not at all. It's riddled with mistakes, but if you want one specific "this is fake" example, he responds offhandedly to one question:
    Do you know if there's a secret cutscene for Mythic Azshara and what it might entail? also do employees get free access to games like WoW or do you have to pay retail price?

You have to pay full price if you're not just testing out things on the test realms.
    Which is just outright, factually incorrect. It is well documented that employees get free annual passes, free games, and sometimes even free battle.net balance. This person has no idea what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we'll have as interesting a "leak season" since you can already see most of the "leaks" we're getting are shit the forums have already discussed. And last time around, the actual "battle for azeroth" leak was the one that barely had anyone believing it compared to the other leaks.

My guess is its going to be dry because no one knows wtf to expect anymore at this point for the story. Blizzard has set up multiple ways it can go, but with an expansion like BFA they could also come out with an expansion not focused on something people are predicting.
    Well nobody predicted about WoD but honestly the real problem is blizzard literally recycling a story(MoP) with some modification that made the whole thing worse:
    -Saurfang only getting his ass up after the god king soyboy anduin told him what honor really is and for worse he was the one who planned the whole war including a vicious assault at Stormwind near of the end and now he acts all of sudden like the whole thing is wrong.

-The alliance is getting neutered while their previous provocation are white-washed which piss of both factions because they are changing characters into something they are not and get away with their previous bad behavior

-The horde leadership is a mess and literally only the Zandalaris and Darkspear are the only decent thing about the horde currently

Besides most of the suggested expansions or wanted from the community are already in the game, BFA is the south seas expansion, emerald dream was 1 raid, time travel draenor, Argus, Old gods have a heavy chances to be sacrificed in orden to save bfa last patch. However there are some ideas left to explore like K'areesh, Shadowlands and the void but only the second one has some build up. Imho I think blizzard will pull the card of resurrecting an old popular character that was killed during the run of Metzen, my bet is Arthas and likely Kael'thas is the next in line with Vashj if they decide to do something with elves and nagas after BFA
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Besides most of the suggested expansions or wanted from the community are already in the game, BFA is the south seas expansion, emerald dream was 1 raid, time travel draenor, Argus, Old gods have a heavy chances to be sacrificed in orden to save bfa last patch. However there are some ideas left to explore like K'areesh, Shadowlands and the void but only the second one has some build up. Imho I think blizzard will pull the card of resurrecting an old popular character that was killed during the run of Metzen, my bet is Arthas and likely Kael'thas is the next in line with Vashj if they decide to do something with elves and nagas after BFA
    I'm guessing a lot of the BFA story is terrible because of how forced the faction fighting is supposed to be, or at least the way Blizzard is doing it.

With your WoD example, I guess most expansions past probably Cataclysm have come out of the blue (I mean people speculate but I'm talking direct tie-ins like WoD to Legion).

I'll be a bit surprised if they did go resurrect from old popular characters, but then some people were calling Legion a rehash TBC just cuz of Burning Legion stuff.

But yeah I just find it hard to pick up on any actual tie in like WoD -> Legion did because it seems like the story can go any number of places. There's still the whole deal with Wrathion for instance.

I don't think we'll go to another planet though (K'areesh). I would just be surprised is all, feels like there's so much happening on Azeroth atm.

I'm guessing a lot of the BFA story is terrible because of how forced the faction fighting is supposed to be, or at least the way Blizzard is doing it.

With your WoD example, I guess most expansions past probably Cataclysm have come out of the blue (I mean people speculate but I'm talking direct tie-ins like WoD to Legion).
    People already knew that cata was gonna happen because that seemed like it came out of nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are these boar creatures, they're called Quilboars. But why would they join the Horde?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quilboar

they wouldn't.....

Relax people, this is just some classic fan getting his jollies waiting for classic to launch. If you read the thing it's literally straight out of the classic fan talking points:

No one here plays the game.
    No one here talks to eachother.
    No one here takes pride in their work.
    No one here remembers the game before Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How I know its BS: Prestige classes make no sense at all since a druid wouldn't suddenly be dragonsworn or even have any connection.
    Most of the Dragonsworn are Night Elf Druids: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonsworn.

ESO's leveling system is FAR better then WoW's tbf. Faction merge would help queue times.

could you guys even imagine trade chat with merged factions? lol

why is this thread still alive

I'll be a bit surprised if they did go resurrect from old popular characters, but then some people were calling Legion a rehash TBC just cuz of Burning Legion stuff.

But yeah I just find it hard to pick up on any actual tie in like WoD -> Legion did because it seems like the story can go any number of places. There's still the whole deal with Wrathion for instance.

I don't think we'll go to another planet though (K'areesh). I would just be surprised is all, feels like there's so much happening on Azeroth atm.
    Well guess you have a point, Pandaland was out of nowhere and only Legion had a build up from the legendary questline and WoD last patch. About Azeroth, besides the world there isn't anything else happening, at best we have Bolvar pulling his plan in action and Azerite element is probably forgotton next expansion with being render useless because Azeroth is fulll healed. Likely we go to the shadowlands before K'areesh because I have the feeling the planet will be like a mix of Draenor with Argus to serve as the void expansion(you know, blizzard will not exhaust the playerbase with the same scenagraphy)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Someone that used that exact same syntax and word choice had a pre-BfA leak that was supposed to include 8.2 content was wildly false, including a leak about 9.0 that was very different.

Also, the information the leaker provides about the inner workings of Blizzard we know to be demonstrably false. I can't imagine trying to develop games with 0 verbal communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Most of the Dragonsworn are Night Elf Druids: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragonsworn.
    Yes, but lore wise, they stayed druids. They didn't suddenly morph into an entirely new class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I don't think you understood it. The class mechanics are the same, the forms and animations would be totally different. Oh and this wouldn't apply to your druid, it would unlock the prestige class for character creation. AKA, only a brand new character would be dragonsworn in this case, not your existing one.

Thinking about it though... the idea is losing me cause with all the resources going for new models and animations, might as well do it justice and design it's own class.
    Oh, I understood. Its just that in lore, nothing changes. Their animations, forms, nothing. They remain the same. Like the druids of Ysera did. They are just those sworn to protect and fight for the dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I've always championed the idea of Prestige classes, I wished Hero classes required a "Prestige" sacrifice. But I don't think Blizz would ever do that... then again it would sell level boosts.

Still they aren't going to make you reroll your druid, just to get some fire effects. That sounds like a big non-starter from the Blizz point of view.

Also we are on the regular class rotation, Tinkerer isn't a hero class if it exists. You'd start at level 1.
    Why not? I thought back in WotLK they contemplated it with DK? Then again I was like 17 and can't remember that much back then
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Boar creature that uses the Worgen rig for the Horde...

If this is true then blizzard rly dont get their own game.
    How can you make up a totally new race out of nowhere when we still have iconic Horde races missing from the faction?

Like: Ogres, Forest Trolls, Mok'Nathal, San'layn, Hozen and Taunka.

All of these races have background story and are part of the Horde.
    Yet here comes a boar creature out of nowhere… good thing this is fake.
    First 3 yes. Second 3 NO WAY!

Ogres, big strong tall forest trolls (WC2) and Mok'Nathal ftw.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    And they're effectively Druids with some extra benefits for being BFFs with the Green Flight. Dragonsworn would work better as the next Artifact incarnation than as a class.