Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Having a boss that requires voice comms and punishes color blindness is a nope for me. Doesn't matter how good the other encounters are, the fact that Mekkatorque is a thing in BOD makes it one of the worst raids ever designed for me.
    Out of curiosity how many players are actually colorblind though? And even if you are, you can still tell the difference between the markers right? Skull, Star, Moon etc. As for the voice com part, I've only ever thought of it as a road block if you try to pug heroic because most pugs are without voice coms but if you're raiding with a guild you're using voice coms anyways so there's nothing unique about this fight in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, first, I like to see the last boss fight - Mechanics, lore, ect. If the last boss fight is OK, it's a pass - Otherwise, it's a failure imo.

Second, for me, is progression - Is it linear or not? I prefer having wings, several side-bosses. Basically options in how you progress - Lei Shen was a great fight, but the extremely linear nature of the instance brought it down greatly.

Third is background lore - Both of the bosses AND the zone. Dragon Soul is, imo, the worst raid because of this - 6/8 bosses were nobodies with no background to them, pulled from Blizzard's ass. 7/8 of the boss fights reused already existing areas in the game. Granted, it failed the test overall because Madness was just a terrible fight, but this pulled it down to last place, easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

interesting fights like stormwall blockade, mythic jaina with multiple phases

opulence is cool too with kinda minigames throughout the fight

yea i liked most of the fights, not bad at all.

i do only play with my guild and never pug raids, this probably helps
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

LOVE BoD great raid lots of fun had

I think a lot of the enjoyment from BoD had less to do with BoD being great and more to do with Uldir being so lackluster.

In hindsight, I think it was a 5/10 overall

Environment - 3/10
    Another troll dungeon with the standard troll aesthetic. If that were it then I'd probably rate it much higher, but a lot of the environment design bland and intrusive. The tree's in Grong and Mekkatorque are beyond frustrating to anyone that plays with their camera zoomed out. Jaina is white and blue spells on a white and blue backdrop. No room or area stands out to me and when I think of any of the boss rooms, they all strike me as bland and boring.

Boss Fights - 6/10
    An above average raid in terms of mechanics for experienced players, an absolute fucking nightmare for the casuals that are 90% of the player base.

Champs - Fairly dull mechanics that mostly involve watching the position of mobs that you're not attacking. I think poorly of mechanics that cause a player to lose control of their character and have been since Magmadar...but this fight is fairly trivial and a decent point to step into a raid.

Jadefire - I mostly enjoy this fight, a little bit of RNG makes it annoying, the LoS mechanic is kind of boring. Multi-sided strike is actually pretty enjoyable, huge buff for minimal effort

Grong - Some RNG here but overall not too terrible. I don't really like how the mechanics are set up so that a single player can carry the whole fight. As someone that handles all the orbs in my guild runs, I should not be having as big an impact as I do on the outcome of the fight.

Opulence - The first mythic boss that felt like mythic difficulty. Dealing with the rooms can be fun but this is where mid-level players become an absolute nightmare to play with. The actual boss feels like a re-vamped Vaelastraz as you race to kill him as raiders slowly get picked off.

Conclave - Meh? It's a fight that feels fairly hectic....but that's the feeling of most of these encounters. So what makes this one stand out? Nothing.

Rasta - Nothing about this fight stands out to me. First phase is (mostly) boring, Second phase feels the same, Third phase feels hectic, and final phase just continues the feeling of the third.

Mekka - This fight is trash. Any fight that causes you to say "you don't have a mic? take a seat on the bench" is trash. I play with ESL folks, I play with folks that everytime they talk I want to punch a baby because of how garbage their mic/background noise it, I hate that the RL needs to stop calling shots so I can hear people that don't like to speak be forced into fumbling their way through calls while the tree's get in the way of my vision. Blizzard took the Iskar fight and said "people hate this fight because they feel they need an add-on to do it, how can we make it worse?"

Stormwall - I like this one, but it I don't know if I'd say it stands out to me.

Jaina - Definitely the best fight of the raid, didn't feel like the tuning was bad or anything but the 2 complaints I have are the colour scheme being nothing but white and blue, and then the big mechanic being a loss of control of your character while everyone around you has to adjust. I wish this fight was more melee friendly but again, I thought this fight was well done.

The story was....a story I guess. The alliance side of it makes zero god damn sense, and the horde side seemed to be setting up for something bigger with Rob Zombie.

Tier sets would be nice...but I think gear has a lot of problems right now and it's not just in raids.

So overall, you remove Jaina from the raid and this is a very dull one.

Because it is designed by Ion Hazzikoastas the best game developer in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Out of curiosity how many players are actually colorblind though? And even if you are, you can still tell the difference between the markers right? Skull, Star, Moon etc. As for the voice com part, I've only ever thought of it as a road block if you try to pug heroic because most pugs are without voice coms but if you're raiding with a guild you're using voice coms anyways so there's nothing unique about this fight in that regard.
    About 8% of males have some sort of color blindness, although it varies in different populations. It is much less common in females.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    In our guild we had 3 color blind people. (Mythic Eonar we had a bit of a problem when 2 people were put in the same group ). Both colorblind people waited for the other 3 people to go in a direction so they would go the fourth. and mechatorque.. well... lol you can imagine. It was still possible to work around though by separating them in different groups from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Because it had much less twitchy and clunky mechanics than Uldir. G'huun Mythic where you needed to setup all those portals before every pull etc.
    I wonder how how many hours total of progression on Ghuun was wasted on pulling the boss by accident due to portal placement or clicking Release at bad time or w.e..

I don't. but thats not the raids fault, its my raid team. Might have enjoyed it more if we didn't have all the drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    In our guild we had 3 color blind people. (Mythic Eonar we had a bit of a problem when 2 people were put in the same group ). Both colorblind people waited for the other 3 people to go in a direction so they would go the fourth. and mechatorque.. well... lol you can imagine. It was still possible to work around though by separating them in different groups from each other.
    we had a colorblind person aswell. he sorted it out with WA's. With the icon and the name of the color underneath. if he didn't have the WA, we would jsut have used the number of the color instead Press 1, 3,2 etc

I really have a problem with that and think it should not be the case. I do not like stuff being nerfed over time outside of the regular character progression through items.

In terms of mythic I didn’t really like the raid that much. Jaina was a 300-400 pull boss which was more pulls than the entire 8 other bosses combined. We took 95 or so on mekka, 89-91 on stormwall (cant remember) and the rest were below 50. I didn’t like that sudden spike in difficulty and it ended up burning a few raiders out. Jaina was also a pretty bad fight imo, I didn’t enjoy it much until p3.

I also didn’t like the overall aesthetic of the raid. I liked uldir, going down deeper into this hidden pyramid was awesome. As you went down deeper everything was more corrupted and eventually you reached Ghuuns room which looked like the Upside Down from Stranger Things which was awesome. BoD has largely the same aesthetic all throughout, mekkatorques room was even the same room we fought grong in (alliance), so it was pretty boring overall in regards to looks imo.

I’d probably rate BoD a solid 5/10. The tuning and difficulty spike in Nighthold was damn near perfect imo.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-06-30 at 09:04 AM.