Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    However the pressure might make them reconsider this stance for future pokemon games.
    That's the only hope remaining. Masuda said that "their policy will change for the future games", adding that "they will pick and choose what pokemon make sense for the experience". S&S are doomed in that regard. They will not be changing anything about the games and a patch is not a possibility.

Let's just hope that they understand how bad this is (preferablly through bad sales, although highly unlikely) and rectify their mistake in the next games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Masuda literally has said that a lore reason for some Pokemon being missing is because "this region is cold, so I'll just stay home".

Yet I'll bet you no regional differences will stop Pikachu and most, if not all, of the Kanto pokedex to be present in this game and future ones. I will be shocked if all the original roster isn't present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post

This is just a bunch of PR bullshit. They wanted to see if they can get away with not including all the pokemon and now that it seems like they will, we will never have another Pokemon game with the entire Dex in it it ever again.
    It doesn't seem that way at all. Fans all over are royally ticked off at this move. This will probably impact sales. I know I wont by buying the new games, and I've gotten every one since Red / Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It doesn't seem that way at all. Fans all over are royally ticked off at this move. This will probably impact sales. I know I wont by buying the new games, and I've gotten every one since Red / Blue.
    100% i wont be buying limited edition ones.

That music would be great if this was still on a handheld console. But it's not. It's on an actual console. And the music, the graphics, everything seems so less impressive when it seems like they made almost no effort to actually increase the quality on the graphics or music or inclusion of MORE features (Instead of removing a ton) because of it.

100% i wont be buying limited edition ones.
    If you buy it at all you're still supporting their decision to do this.

The only way they change their mind is if a significant amount of people choose to not purchase it.

But it's Pokemon so that's not going to happen and then this will just be what Pokemon is from now on, I guess we had a good run, I also like the poster above bought every generation game since Blue (My first) until Let's Go disgusted me with how simplistic and watered down it was so I didn't buy it, and I guess I'm just done with the franchise now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Masuda literally has said that a lore reason for some Pokemon being missing is because "this region is cold, so I'll just stay home".

Yet I'll bet you no regional differences will stop Pikachu and most, if not all, of the Kanto pokedex to be present in this game and future ones. I will be shocked if all the original roster isn't present.
    Well of course not they have all that data from Let's Go that they'll just copy/paste into the game, much like how they have been doing with 99% of the models of pokemon and moves they've been copy/pasting into all the 3D games after they put the work in X&Y to make them fully 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I think I was wrong when I said Dynamax only boosted HP. It seems to be a 1.5 bonus to all stats? Essentially a +1 to all stats, even HP which normally doesn't get boosts during combat except for special cases like Power Construct. If that's accurate it's even more broken than I thought. Until some version of the games is playable this is all a lot of guessing and nothing certain, but if it's a 1.5 bonus to everything in addition to the Max moves special effects... this makes Z-moves look like nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Capture power 3 + quickballs are your friend. Otherwise something with a sleep inducing move is always a good choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly a fake leak, but i will put it in spoiler just in case:

My previous post got deleted somehow, so I am posting this again:

A really close friend of mine has been working on Sword and Shield for a couple of years, after he finished his work on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and got switched to the new project. I haven’t played the game myself, but he shared with me some confidential information.

Disclaimer: Everything mentioned in that leak that got posted in 4chan back in May 24th 2019 is true, so I will not go over those points again. I will only cover either new information or some overlaps with that previous leak.

96 new Pokémon + 19 Galar variants + 42 Gigantamaxing forms

Wooloo has two different evolution forms, and they can be triggered depending on which weather you are at the moment they reach their evolution level.

Exclusive for the starters 3rd form, they will have slight visual differences based on its gender. This does not affect gameplay.

“Camping” can only be performed at the different Wild Areas and will offer gameplay connectivity with the still to come “Pokémon Sleep”. Player can assign one of their Pokémon to the “Camping tent” which “sends” them to “Pokémon Sleep”. Bringing them back from the app in the next day will not only reward player with unique items that feeds back to the overall “Camping” gameplay listed before, but also can improve chances for your Pokémon to attack first during the next few battles.

Breeding and Eggs hatching is part of the game, however a new type of egg will be available. This is to tie up with incubators and hatching eggs in “Pokémon Go”. Using the Pokéball Plus, the player will be able to “connect” this new type of Egg to the device and by walking around in real life they can decrease the time needed to hatch. Hatching only happens in Sword and Shield.

Eternatus, the third legendary, will be revealed later in the game and this encounter will occur in a Raid Boss format where player will require to Gigantamax their legendary for the first time, to be able to beat and capture Eternatus, saving him from darkness. Eternatus will not have a Gigantamax form though.

Time-limited Raid Boss Events will be available in the game, where GF provides unique encounters with some of the most popular Pokémon.

There are 8 Gyms in total and they happen in a linear manner. Every badge the player collects is added to a new “Gold Ring” device, that serves pretty much as a display of what player has earned thus far.

Collecting all 8 badges forms a key made of the “Gold Ring” device, that is used to access the Elite 4 building at the north of Galar.

After Elite 4, the player has to use this “key” one more time to get access to an elevator that leads to the Champion located in the top of the Crystal Tower. However, on the way to this elevator the player is surprised by a pack of Hyena-looking Pokémon that is running away from Team Yell. This encounter makes the player lose their “Gold Ring” device and all of its badges.

Player has to head back to Professor Magnolia lab to receive a new “Gold Ring” device and collect all badges all over again. This second time around, players can collect badges in any order. Gym Masters will be stronger and their Pokémon team composition is mostly new and/or evolved.

Expect a new Pokémon Direct in mid-August where GF reveals Team Yell, three new Pokémon, and the next Gym leader, Kabu.

Finally, I want to keep the suspense for a little bit longer, but I can confirm that from all of those fake “confidential” concept arts for the starters last form, one of them (of one of the starters) was actually a real leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Probaly a fake leak, but i will put it in spoiler just in case:

Few problems. First, they already said every pokemon would be able to go big mode. That is a major reason why we suspect they are not putting in every pokemon. Second, and biggest problem, they killed the hype and maybe the game since they arn't including every pokemon. It would be even worse if they really did only include that small number you said. If you really do have a friend there, let him know fans are POd and that they need every pokemon.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Few problems. First, they already said every pokemon would be able to go big mode. That is a major reason why we suspect they are not putting in every pokemon. Second, and biggest problem, they killed the hype and maybe the game since they arn't including every pokemon. It would be even worse if they really did only include that small number you said. If you really do have a friend there, let him know fans are POd and that they need every pokemon.
    I think those are special evolutions when they get big or something. Kinda like megas.

Why the hell would they make you go back and have to do all the 8 gyms again before finishing the Pokemon League? That's horrible lol.

Goddamn just take a page from Gold and Silver, perhaps the most well received entries in the entire franchise. Just do a normal playthrough and then give us a bunch of stuff after beating the Elite Four.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sword and shield are probaly the last game that will be normal ones:

Rest will be a microtrash. Like pokemon go.

It also explains why they work on this game:

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Sword and shield are probaly the last game that will be normal ones:

Rest will be a microtrash. Like pokemon go.

It also explains why they work on this game:
    Sad but true. Doesn't make financial sense to create good games when mobile trash will earn much more revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sad but true. Doesn't make financial sense to create good games when mobile trash will earn much more revenue.
    Reason why pokemon wont go exclusively to mobile is simple, its a console mover. A good pokemon game can facilitate the purchasing of consoles. It could get people who were not going to buy a switch, to buy it simply for that game alone. The money they could make on mobile would by minimal imo. They make a lot of money off of these games. More so then pokemon go does. Well, except in 2018.

Reason why pokemon wont go exclusively to mobile is simple, its a console mover. A good pokemon game can facilitate the purchasing of consoles. It could get people who were not going to buy a switch, to buy it simply for that game alone. The money they could make on mobile would by minimal imo. They make a lot of money off of these games. More so then pokemon go does. Well, except in 2018.
    Pokemon Go has created 5% of the franchises whole revenue for its whole 23 year lifespan.

Go has existed for 3 years.

Mobile makes the money. Pokemon as a moneymaking machine wouldn't care less about console games going forward. Mobile Apps and lootbox monetization is where it is at. And Pokémon Company doesn't really care about Switch sales, that is Nintendo's problem.

- - - Updated - - -

When you think it xan't get worse, it does.

Dynamax is only a 50% HP buff.

When you think it xan't get worse, it does.

Dynamax is only a 50% HP buff.

Megas might have worked better if they did it for all pokemon, not just a select few. And none of the mythic and legendary should have gotten one. But that would have more than doubled the number of pokemon. Z moves were better, but the animations every damn time got annoying. Dynamaxing is an ok concept, but it's a waste of resources because it won't make it past Gen 8/Gen 4 remakes. Though it has me curious: since Gen 4 had every pokemon, will they have to add them all in, or will it only include gen 4 and gen 8 pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Though it has me curious: since Gen 4 had every pokemon, will they have to add them all in, or will it only include gen 4 and gen 8 pokemon?
    If they are gonna die on this hill, they'll probably only include the Sinnoh Pokedex. So 151 Pokemon. Or 210 if they're feeling generous and use the Platinum expansion too.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pokémon Company us now wielding DMCA as a weapon to shut down criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are gonna die on this hill, they'll probably only include the Sinnoh Pokedex. So 151 Pokemon. Or 210 if they're feeling generous and use the Platinum expansion too.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pokémon Company us now wielding DMCA as a weapon to shut down criticism.
    Streisand effect is gona happen.