Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Server types and Russians out of EU server region

Https:/ / eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-european-realms-structure/56694/12

Hey guys, what do you think about this? Servers for classic will be sorted as PvP, PvE and RP, no mention of RP-PvP. Is that part of community so small it doesn't matter to cater to?

Also Russians separated from the rest of the EU. I'm glad blizz decided to build this wall...

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel1258 View Post
    Https:/ / eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-european-realms-structure/56694/12

Hey guys, what do you think about this? Servers for classic will be sorted as PvP, PvE and RP, no mention of RP-PvP. Is that part of community so small it doesn't matter to cater to?

Also Russians separated from the rest of the EU. I'm glad blizz decided to build this wall...

Excellent - just how it should be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah why not, great, concentration camps would be fine too
    /Bye classic experience for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    You can still play on EU servers tho? Just dont use the russian client.

I think there will be German and french realms added down the road... Blizzard just seems worried about maintaining a stable population. The more servers they add, the higher the chance of dead servers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact you are comparing Server separation with Concentration camps pretty much makes me think it's a good thing guys in the EU won't need to deal with you.

Why is there such hate against russian players? Is it the cyrillic alphabet? Does the average russian player refuse to speak english?
    Mother pus bucket!

This is good news

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why is there such hate against russian players? Is it the cyrillic alphabet? Does the average russian player refuse to speak english?
    Yes

The dislike for Russians in online gaming is pretty universal, no matter the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

What exactly makes classic a bad experience for you, on a russian server? Would be very easy to find russian guilds there, same timezone, etc.

...Or is it that you think Russians are horrible to deal with? o.o

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes

The dislike for Russians in online gaming is pretty universal, no matter the game.

Hmmm not sure about Russians but I know Egy or Bra (Egypt/ Brazil) get a LOT of hate and have done since before WoW was a thing, mainly due to their shady tactics and scamming.
    The only reason I can see people hating on Russians in WoW is due to them hammering everyone in BG's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    What exactly makes classic a bad experience for you, on a russian server? Would be very easy to find russian guilds there, same timezone, etc.

"same timezone" in russia? Seriously? No offense, but have you looked at a map recently?

Exactly because of that - timezones and longevity of the server. Russian server will get empty quite quickly
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

all russians do is hack and cheat, its in their DNA.
    hacking our elections in 2016, hacking our power grid, hacking in world of war craft and every other game where russians have a major presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes

I've met more germans who refuse to speak english than russians. It's hilarious that most groups of 5 i've done M+ with still stick to english even with everyone using Cyrillic names
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Russians are gone?

Perfectly balanced, as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    In private servers the servers are world wide so you pretty much have all nationalities playing.. This leads to some cool stuff but also some problems. It's pretty common to see either blank messages or completely broken english.

Russian and chinese players really like their own communities. Some chinese players are just unable to type english because their keyboard doesn't allow it. This leads to some stereotypes which prove true more often than not, still.. I'm sure I've met loads of chinese and russians that communicated normally and I didn't even know they were russian or chinese.

Hell, I raided in a chinese guild for a few months because it was the best for my schedule

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Russians are separated, after hearing about other European countries not getting their own language servers I thought we may get landed with them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post

Because we cant play on russian server and switch game language and sound on English
    For me classic was english text and game sound, we cant switch
    And also for me vanilla was playing on multicultural servers, practising english etc
    But no, everyone can do it, Russians cant, fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we cant play on russian server and switch game language and sound on English
    For me classic was english text and game sound, we cant switch
    And also for me vanilla was playing on multicultural servers, practising english etc
    But no, everyone can do it, Russians cant, fuck it.
    You can play on a standard EU server if you want.