Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    No poll, but an article about it from Swedish state media; https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...=1561383579108
    The article doesn't touch in depth on anything at all.

Here's the what they based the article on: https://www.bra.se/bra-in-english/ho...ged-areas.html

In English for people who want to read that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The point is you got owned by statistics
    Statistics doesn't matter fuck all to people, what their experiences are is what matters. There's too many assholes in the police force.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    The article doesn't touch in depth on anything at all.

Here's the what they based the article on: https://www.bra.se/bra-in-english/ho...ged-areas.html

In English for people who want to read that.

- - - Updated - - -

Statistics doesn't matter fuck all to people, what their experiences are is what matters. There's too many assholes in the police force.
    More than likely they are bad experiences cause they are assholes to cops. It's incredible how easy it is to have bad experiences if you're a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    More than likely they are bad experiences cause they are assholes to cops. It's incredible how easy it is to have bad experiences if you're a dick.
    Why do you think they can't be the assholes?

Why do you think they can't be the assholes?
    They said "more than likely", and I don't think anyone with a brain disagrees that there is just complete asshole cops. There are asshole employees in any job.

Now, with the amount of interactions police have with citizens every year, an overwhelming amount are non-issues. So let's use some horribly simply math. Say 10% of interactions are shitty, rude, dickish, insertwhateverwordhere which I think is an extremely high number but I want to make it as bad as possible of a view of law enforcement.

Of *those* 10% (again, most likely extremely high, etc), the amount where the cop is the one who makes the interaction go south is, again extremely simple math, 10%. So I believe that means of all the interactions between cops and citizens, 0.01% of all "shitty" interactions are the cops being the one instigating it.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    They said "more than likely"
    And? They're implying that cops can't be assholes and it's the people who are assholes to the cops. There are many who want to become a cop because it gives them power over others. Many of those working as security guards are people who tried to become cops but failed, so now they work in another position where they get to act like assholes to people. Turn off camera in holding room and they break someones arm? Oh, they just fell. No, nobody asking why the camera was turned off.
    Last edited by Phon; 2019-06-24 at 02:19 PM.

And? They're still implying that cops aren't assholes and it's the people who are assholes to the cops.
    And? In the overwhelming majority of interactions, it is not the cops being the assholes.

Unless you misread the quoted posters words, you're saying if I said Aylaman is more than likely a man, I'm implying you aren't a man?

And? In the overwhelming majority of interactions, it is not the cops being the assholes.
    In the overwhelming majority of bad interactions with cops, the cops are being the assholes.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And? They're implying that cops can't be assholes and it's the people who are assholes to the cops.
    Wrong. More than likely means, if you're going to be a dick to a cop it's "more likely" he will be a dick to you.
    If you're respectful, it's "more likely" they will be respectful to you. You reap what you sow

This isn't rocket science. This is normal human interaction. And of course there are asshole cops, anyone saying the contrary is daft.

- - - Updated - - -

In the overwhelming majority of bad interactions with cops, the cops are being the assholes.
    100% bullshit.

lolwut? Do you ever watch videos of people interacting with cops? While I can link you (as you can me) to ones where the cop was the instigator, I can link you many many more where the cop wasn't and it's someone trying to "one-up" the cop, or otherwise give them a hard time.

Do you really think Swedish police is that bad? You must be living outside reality
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

100% bullshit.
    What is bullshit is your denial. Professions like police officer, security guard and so on attracts people who want power over others.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Do you really think Swedish police is that bad? You must be living outside reality
    Dude, there is no way you're going to convince him that most police officers are not assholes.
    He probably thinks the Swiss guard is just waiting for tourists to get out of line so they can stab them with their halberds.

lolwut? Do you ever watch videos of people interacting with cops? While I can link you (as you can me) to ones where the cop was the instigator, I can link you many many more where the cop wasn't and it's someone trying to "one-up" the cop, or otherwise give them a hard time.
    Why would I need to watch videos? Every time there's been bad interactions for me or my friends, it's the cop who is at fault, not us. A friend of mine had their car trashed by cops, said to him to step out of the vehicle and then said it's broken and he has to pay a fine and he said it isn't and they smashed his car with their batons.

Why would I need to watch videos? Every time there's been bad interactions for me or my friends, it's the cop who is at fault, not us. A friend of mine had their car trashed by cops, said to him to step out of the vehicle and then said it's broken and he has to pay a fine and he said it isn't and they smashed his car with their batons.
    See, that italic part already makes your view suspect, someone getting pulled over inherently think "what did I do wrong, why are they hassling me for something that is going to be so minor they should be getting 'real' criminals", so when the cop comes up to you, you're going to be all defense and most likely, hostile, even if YOU don't believe you are. It's literally how almost every shitty interaction that's on the web goes. Yes, of course there is shitty interactions that aren't recorded, but again, no-one is disagreeing there isn't shitty cops but they are few and far between.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-06-24 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post

The man was drunk as hell, screamed he will blow the street up but had no explosives on him or anything like that which he could accomplish that with. Let the dog bite him and was hitting the man with baton. Fuck them.

Fucking power tripping idiots. The person was acquitted in court as well.

The man was drunk as hell, screamed he will blow the street up but had no explosives on him or anything like that which he could accomplish that with. Let the dog bite him and was hitting the man with baton. Fuck them.

Fucking power tripping idiots. The person was acquitted in court as well.
    Oh look, another video showing a shitty interaction with a cop that doesn't show the 99% of the interaction before the cop started using force.

Oh look, another video showing a shitty interaction with a cop that doesn't show the 99% of the interaction before the cop started using force.
    Class act, excusing police brutality. The man was unarmed, drunk as hell, there is no excuse for that sort of violence.

Class act, excusing police brutality. The man was unarmed, drunk as hell, there is no excuse for that sort of violence.
    I'm curious, in your mind when a cop has a K9, a baton, a tazer, and a gun, can you give a sentence or two for each of those 4 things, and when a cop is justified (to you of course) to use them? I think that will be telling to let us know if there's any point in having further discussion.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blackmailed a man in his 30s when I was 13. Made some $10,000 from him.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...od-adolescence

This speaks volumes of your character. I am going to go out on a limb and say YOU might be the reason you have bad interactions with cops.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...od-adolescence

This speaks volumes of your character. I am going to go out on a limb and say YOU might be the reason you have bad interactions with cops.
    Hahahah! That is just epic.