Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm curious, in your mind when a cop has a K9, a baton, a tazer, and a gun, can you give a sentence or two for each of those 4 things, and when a cop is justified (to you of course) to use them? I think that will be telling to let us know if there's any point in having further discussion.
    Ongoing violence or imminent threat to peoples well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Ongoing violence or imminent threat to peoples well-being.
    So then in your mind, none of those 4 things should be used UNTIL someone attacks first, and let me guess a cop shouldn't even put his hand on his firearm until you shoot first?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So then in your mind, none of those 4 things should be used UNTIL someone attacks first?
    Certainly not against a man that's drunk as hell and is just screaming shit.

In America, the suburbs get along fine with the police.

It's mostly the cities where the police have become militant and it's gangs who've made the police that way.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    I live in the suburbs and have never had an issue with the police. The only place that has distrust for them is the inner city dwellers. Thats where most of the crime happens, and a culture of "don't snitch" and "snitches get stitches".
    There are towns in New York that have more crime than the city... so what you're saying is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    In America, the suburbs get along fine with the police.

It's mostly the cities where the police have become militant and it's gangs who've made the police that way.
    This doesn't make sense.

Gangs stick to specific areas so treating an entire city like a gang is stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do people insist on piggy-backing on existing threads? There's already a "police distrust" thread. Throwing "suburbs" in the title doesn't make it a different conversation.