Thread: Mechagon Comic

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really nice comic, i just wish they didnt just copy/paste kings head over and over.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Really great short story tbh. And it's about gnomes, that's a real surprise. Well done blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'll take anything to distract from the main plot at this point, though it's still stupid that the Horde are helping the mechagnomes out to begin with.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Actually pretty dark - I'm definitely interested to play Mechagon's story more than I am Nazjatar's.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't that ultimately make life mean nothing?
    Mechagon looks way more interesting at this point I think. That comic just gave it a pretty cool creepy overtone that gnomes normally can't touch. I sure as shit wouldn't have thought they could have managed it. In such a short comic too! Im very impressed.

And the Adeptus Mechanicus would like a word. Bzzt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'll take anything to distract from the main plot at this point, though it's still stupid that the Horde are helping the mechagnomes out to begin with.
    If goblins are heading up the efforts its going to be 'help' with more than a few conditions.

Somewhere in the Clockwork City, Sotha Sil cries in joy seeing his work being used, even if it is in another World.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Technically, they're not. The Goblin's seem to be represented by Gazlowe in this situation. Gazlowe is actually a member of the Steamwheedle Cartel, and is therefore, Neutral. He is, however, a long time ally of the Horde, and one of the chief builders of Orgrimmar. As such, Horde characters are following him in this. When looked at it this way, the expedition to Mechagon is a Gnomeregan/Steamwheedle Cartel project. Alliance players are going to help the gnomes, Horde are going for loot, and to help out a loyal Ally.
    Last edited by Matthew21; 2019-06-23 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Additions needed

Kinda late to the party but just wanna say that while nothing extraordinary, this was actually pretty decent. I usually like how they handle small scale stuff such as this as opposed to overarching plot, so this could be interesting.

Although I'm usually not fan of gnomes, must say I like king Mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If they were going to reference the machines from NieR: Automata, the king's loyalists should be chanting 'We will become as gods.'
    With FFXIV doing a Nier Automata raid series maybe we'll see it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh Mechagon is probably going to be the best villain we have this expansion with all the ridiculousness that's happening everywhere else. My only question is how the new Mechagnomes deal with brain rot/aging as it seems like they just turn all their limbs into prostheses before converting their body and head into essentially containers that hold their internal organs like Cybermen so how do they stop their brains from eventually failing?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Tbh Mechagon is probably going to be the best villain we have this expansion with all the ridiculousness that's happening everywhere else. My only question is how the new Mechagnomes deal with brain rot/aging as it seems like they just turn all their limbs into prostheses before converting their body and head into essentially containers that hold their internal organs like Cybermen so how do they stop their brains from eventually failing?
    Given that Gnomes were once entirely cybernetic beings, it's likely that their brains are still somewhat receptive to this state - unlike humans who became Cybermen who were biologically opposed to such a state and had to have their emotions dampened or removed altogether to avoid psychosis and rejection of their state. Whatever it is that Mechagon is using may also be capable of converting their organic sentience into a digital format once more, suitable for existence in a cybernetic or robotic body.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Gnomes were once entirely cybernetic beings, it's likely that their brains are still somewhat receptive to this state - unlike humans who became Cybermen who were biologically opposed to such a state and had to have their emotions dampened or removed altogether to avoid psychosis and rejection of their state. Whatever it is that Mechagon is using may also be capable of converting their organic sentience into a digital format once more, suitable for existence in a cybernetic or robotic body.
    True, it is possible that Mechagon and his gnomes might have figured out a way to fuse their brains with some sort of personal databank when they do their final surgery and I suppose the fact Mechagon's citizens seem to have a near religious zeal towards the ideas of becoming Mechagnomes once more helps reinforce their belief in the change and embrace it wholly unlike Cybermen who aren't emotionally restrained. I really should of considered that a possibility after all Mechagon has Dr Robotnik levels of roboticisation tech aimed at the rest of the world.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    King Mechagon's head is tragic. The comic is very good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh shit that is him!
    fuck man.... that is rough...
    Is it really him? I mean, the Kervo in the comic has a lot of hair and a bushy mustache, while the Kervo at the Junkyard in Boralus is bald and has no mustache...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Is it really him? I mean, the Kervo in the comic has a lot of hair and a bushy mustache, while the Kervo at the Junkyard in Boralus is bald and has no mustache...
    It is supposed to be, yes. His model will likely get updated, or they'll just explain it as him letting his hygiene go on his quest to find Mechagon (which apparently took quite some time).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    With FFXIV doing a Nier Automata raid series maybe we'll see it there.
    I am so ready for Bipolar Nightmare as an orchestrion roll
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I am so ready for Bipolar Nightmare as an orchestrion roll
    Bipolar Nightmare, Dependant Weakling, Sound of the End, Amusement Park, Beautiful Song, the battle versions of Song of the Ancients/Emil's Theme/Grandma....can we just get the whole ost?!

Mechazod also didn't have a means to do what he wanted to do - he was converting unwilling subjects one at a time. King Mechagon appears to have some form of means to mass-convert Gnomes everywhere, if he can get it working. Definitely more a threat than Mechazod ever thought of being.
    Mass-convert all races I think. At least mentions humans and dwarves. But makes me wonder if it indeed can affect all, I wonder what effect it would have on some of the races. Orcs could revert to gronn? But more so, what about the original races like trolls and tauren?
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Mass-convert all races I think. At least mentions humans and dwarves. But makes me wonder if it indeed can affect all, I wonder what effect it would have on some of the races. Orcs could revert to gronn? But more so, what about the original races like trolls and tauren?
    I would imagine his machine is probably limited to converting the Titanforged races back to their original analogs - Dwarves to Earthen, Humans to stone Vrykul, Gnomes to Mechagnomes. Unsure what it would do to Orcs given their Titanic heritage, probably transform them back into being similar but smaller in scale to Grond. It would probably have no effect on non-Titanforged beings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It has been a fair few months since we cannonicly see him, but yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Really nice comic, i just wish they didnt just copy/paste kings head over and over.
    He looked different at one point, so its likely his head was the only thing effected and the had to so that to fix it as maybe the artist was too busy. As you can see there is 3 shots from behind where his head is fully drawn, but the front facing ones are his model vdiwerr. So its likely something on his face that was the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I would imagine his machine is probably limited to converting the Titanforged races back to their original analogs - Dwarves to Earthen, Humans to stone Vrykul, Gnomes to Mechagnomes. Unsure what it would do to Orcs given their Titanic heritage, probably transform them back into being similar but smaller in scale to Grond. It would probably have no effect on non-Titanforged beings.
    I actually hope we see king Mechagon exalt some of the Horde races too. Just imagine how cool robo-tauren or robo-orc would look. Forsaken could also switch some looser parts with his more cooler techno counterparts.

This is one of the situations where I really wanna see a dungeon boss do as much damage as possible before our hero complex catches up to him.