Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will we ever see hybrid races?

Instead of introducing all of these other new races that have someone been hidden for millennia, why not create like Tauren/Troll hybrids or Gnome/Worgen and so on? I mean, after sharing the same planet for so long, you'd think that sort of thing would be inevitable. And they have Garona already, so it's sort of already been put out there.

Think about the cool race combinations and abilities you could get by mixing some of the existing races. A brutal tusked AND horned Troll/Tauren or a burly Dwarf/Dranei with fiery red hair. Or what about cross-faction even? I mean Garona is half Dranei, half Orc, right? So you could potentially have a half Gnome, half Tauren that'd be some kind of magical satyr type thing?

Anyway, been thinking about this for a while and I've never seen/heard of anyone even considering it. Why the hell not?

7+ Year Old Account
    No that's a bad idea. Most would look really dumb.

I doubt it. Why put all that effort into hybrids? If they're unique, they can just be new races with that kind of resource intensity. If they're reusing assets, you can make allied races instead and bring in more things.

A tauren x gnome please.

Maybe if Grizzek and Saffy hit it off and don't just get divorced again. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    A tauren x gnome please.
    That would be very uncomfortable for all involved.

Allied Races:

1) Gnome + Tauren
    2) Dwarf + Troll
    3) Goblin + Dranei

And so on. No need for additional lore just "Your father was a bull and your mother was a little person" easy as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks.. Especially not if any lore to why the trolls didn't eat their ugly weak baby and such...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Have a half human quarter draenei-quarter orc and name it Med'An

Where do you think goblins come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It could go the other way too.

Whoa I found a fan of Me'dan, this is a really rare encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the gnome worgen is actually in the lore already from a quest in stonetalon.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

we already have a hybrid race. it's called worgen.

Human + Blood Elves = HIGH ELVES!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

I'm deeply concerned by how quickly you got that picture.

The only confirmed hybrids that I'm aware of are Arator, Rhonin's twin crimes against nature, and Garona. None of them have unique models, and unless they get a whole lot more important to the plot I don't expect that they ever will. Hybrid races would be way too hard to implement and not worth the time, since some weirdo is going to wonder why his goblin/furbolg fantasy isn't being realized.

*edit, forgot about Rexxar and the Mok'nathal, and he does have a unique model. They're the only hybrid I could see being added.
    Last edited by Briselody; 2019-06-24 at 09:39 PM.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

I didn't really consider this at first but think about how well this sort of thing would go over on RP servers. If there is a way to revitalize the game, THIS is it.

Thinking of moo-gnomes is making me cringe up xD but i think hybrid races is a bit of a taboo in wc lore isnt it?

15+ Year Old Account
    God I hope not, don't think wow is the game for playable halve breeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Thinking of moo-gnomes is making me cringe up xD but i think hybrid races is a bit of a taboo in wc lore isnt it?
    I don't think so. A few of the existing notable hybrids have already been mentioned but you have to consider that Trolls and Elves are related, Trolls being the oldest race on the planet; Night Elves were created by the Sunwell. But did they always look so different or did that change happen over time? If it's the latter, how did Trolls evolve to have tusks and the other physical, amost dino-like traits they currently posses?

They even say Dwarves and Gnomes are "distant cousins", so you have to wonder what happened there. The only things that really don't make sense are the Goblins and Tauren. There's nothing to indicate where either of them came from, when, how, why, etc. So there was either some alchemy/magic gone seriously awry there or they themselves were born out of an ancient Azerothian melting pot.