10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    Will it actually be faster though? I recently leveled a velf 20-120 with 29 hours played, it felt rewarding upto lvl 50 ish, then it slowed down and at 80 you get basically only 2 talents in the last 40 levels, which is godawful I agree. Having the levels halved would definitely make each level rewarding, but who knows it will actually be faster.

Also instead of squishing, they could've unpruned the classes and give stuff back in the last levels, I mean, currently you learn fire blast as a mage early on, when you get ice lance, fire blast is no longer in your spellbook, instead of ice lance replacing it, why don't we get both? They made this a problem themselves..

But yea maybe it is needed
    That's more of class identity(Or even just less customization to your character's abilities) issue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Will it actually be faster though? I recently leveled a velf 20-120 with 29 hours played, it felt rewarding upto lvl 50 ish, then it slowed down and at 80 you get basically only 2 talents in the last 40 levels, which is godawful I agree. Having the levels halved would definitely make each level rewarding, but who knows it will actually be faster.
    Number of levels doesn't actually mater, it's the exp you get and exp you need to lvl up. Blizz can freely adjust that, if they squish.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

And it will be weird any way we look at it, do we get to enter molten core at 30? Deadmines at 7? It seems like squishing will have so many consequences, are they only doing it to make every level rewarding again?
    They might break up the expansion boundaries even further than in 8.0 E.g you only have to reach level 10 in starter areas, then all zones and dungeons from Vanilla to BfA are available for questing, maybe some delayed until higher levels, but each can take you up to 50, which is when you have to switch to 9.0 zones to get to 60.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Since i feel the need to reignite some speculation here.

If we assume the final raid in BfA is SW or Silvermoon, or some other city, what would people like to see in bosses.
    Would personally love a SW raid where we start out on the ocean fighting Naga and other sea-based enemies, then have a nautical battle similar to the frist phase of Jaina, before we end up at the SW docks, where we have to fight our way through Sylvanas sympathizers/N'zoth cultists before making our way to either the Keep, or even better, the unused SW vault.

- - - Updated - - -

Or in general, what would people like to see for a final BfA raid, what bosses should be fought and how should the story of BfA faction war end.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You mean a survey that only two people in these forums seem to have gotten? That is likely fake. As it is, if they were doing a survey it would be to the temperature of the player room on the possibility of the level squish because they are having internal discussions about it. However, nobody at Blizzaard has confirmed the level squish is coming.
    I had the survey as well, I mean come on obviously a squish is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, and to make leveling to max faster. Reaching 120 is goddamn tedious now.
    Leveling takes like 2 days /played if you do it casually. If they make it any faster, they'd might as well just remove it. Which is one of the few things that might make me actually quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    Leveling takes like 2 days /played if you do it casually. If they make it any faster, they'd might as well just remove it. Which is one of the few things that might make me actually quit.
    For you maybe but for others its incredibly daunting and almost not worth the time. Leveling doesn't need to be removed. Only doing a few hours a day isn't enough for 2 days.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For you maybe but for others its incredibly daunting and almost not worth the time. Leveling doesn't need to be removed. Only doing a few hours a day isn't enough for 2 days.
    2 days /played, as in 48 hours. You can trial all classes at/near max and you get a boost with every expansion. Leveling is part of the MMO experience, there's no need to simplify it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I had the survey as well, I mean come on obviously a squish is happening.
    A survey does not = it's happening. AGaign show me where a Blizz dev said it is coming. I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    2 days /played, as in 48 hours. You can trial all classes at/near max and you get a boost with every expansion. Leveling is part of the MMO experience, there's no need to simplify it any more.
    Maybe not but making the level number more smaller and more free reign in what zone everyone wants to level is a good change for new people that aren't gonna level up 120 levels even if they were to follow a guide that roughly takes 8-12 hours to finish. The number alone scares people to try, that is why others mmorpg opted for the 5 levels per expansions and level 40 was the vanilla max level for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Maybe not but making the level number more smaller and more free reign in what zone everyone wants to level is a good change for new people that aren't gonna level up 120 levels even if they were to follow a guide that roughly takes 8-12 hours to finish. The number alone scares people to try, that is why others mmorpg opted for the 5 levels per expansions and level 40 was the vanilla max level for some.
    Level squish I don't really care about, though I think it has more drawbacks than benefits.

Significant EXP squish is what I'm heavily against.

FFS blizzard you had one fucking job dont cover up the night elves

It looks fucking awful.

Aside from that this just looks like a dota2 character now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

It looks fucking awful.

Glad I wasn't the only one who noted that, for a moment I though Valve made a joke toward Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Dont get me started on the fact night elven archers are now muslim instead of Amazons.
    Jesus christ i get its 2019 but come on its just unauthentic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The art styles are similar and Dota did originally go from Warcraft 3(The artstyle that Reforged still uses). Geez, cool it.

Warrior-Magi

It looks fucking awful.

I'm fine with cover up bit she actually looks more like a dark archer then a night elf archer. She even got red glowing eyes.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I'm fine with cover up bit she actually looks more like a dark archer then a night elf archer. She even got red glowing eyes.
    I blame the fact she looks like she's wearing a Blood Elven hood.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account

It looks fucking awful.

Would love if Night Elves in WoW actually looked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Balance was my main in BFA, and one of the few specs I liked. But it still the same 4 button rotation, with a 3 min cooldown thrown in, which doesnt change your rotation at all. This is how most specs work now. I have moonfire/sunfire on a spell sequence macro, build astral power with wrath and strike, spend AP on Starsurge, rinse and repeat. That's a 4 button rotation.
    Your core rotation will always be a same. Always it doesnt matter if you have 3 or 5 or 10 buttons to press it will always end up as musle memory after while. Ans nothing will change it. You could say bilut they could add spells what would chanhe your rotation. No they cant becouse that spell and change will again end up in your core rotation and you will be pressing same buttons again. Only thing they can add is more complecity to spells to increase skill gap between bads and good players or different playstyles. But rotations will still be there. You will always press couple of buttons in exact order or priority.
    Last edited by Elias01; 2019-06-24 at 11:48 PM.

What do you guys think, does this sound plausible? I’ll briefly explain why Blizzard may have chosen each date as we go:

8.0.1 Release: August 13, 2018<----------BFA Begins = Big issues detected
    8.1.0 PTR: September 21, 2018<----------1 month later = Address biggest ones
    8.1.0 Release: December 11, 2018<-----3 months later = Added content fixes, but took the time needed
    8.1.5 PTR: January 8th, 2019<-------------1 month later = Continue to show players that you still plan to release content steadily, even with the issues surrounding BFA, with fixes along the way.
    8.1.5 Release: March 12th, 2019<-------2 months later = Prepare 8.2.0 info
    8.2.0 PTR: April 16th, 2019<---------------1 month later = Do what you can with what you have
    8.2.0 Release: June 25th, 2019<---------2 months later = Huge content to last until patch 8.3.0?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8.2.5 PTR: July 2019<------------------------1 month later = Give more evergreen content to look forward to
    8.2.5 Release: September 2019<-------2 months later = but at the same steady pace
    8.3.0 PTR: October 2019<-----------------1 month later = Give more content/fixes to look forward to
    8.3.0 Recap / Minor 8.3.5 Info / Epic 9.0 trailer at Blizzcon: November 2019 = BIG Reveals to look forward to
    8.3.0 Release: December 2019<------2 months later = Content before the holiday break
    8.3.5 PTR: January 2020<----------------1 month later = stick with the pattern
    8.3.5 Release: March 2020<------------2 months later = End BFA on a good note? (Blizzard hoping)
    9.0.0 Beta: April 2020<-------------------Start beta sooner than Legion did (A.K.A the same date as BFA beta)
    9.0.0 Release: September 2020-------but take a month longer than what the BFA beta took if needed. (It may be a good idea in Blizzard’s eyes?)
    Last edited by Lights Vengeance; 2019-06-25 at 02:09 AM.