Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Good, why is that a problem, unless said system doesn't have a way to correct for errors, which so far I haven't seen any arguments to suggest that. All I keep hearing is well what if it's you, what if it's someone on the left.

I'll answer that if it's me then I guess I am fucked, but I made my bed.

If it's someone on the left "Oh Well" I guess they shouldn't have been stupid or a racist P.O.S
    Well that's what I mean I am saying this of a place of 'worse case scenario'. Look if it works and it does it;s job, Hooray, jolly good. Call me negative Nancy but I like to look at all the options.

Personally it's not like I need to worry, I don't haven't had social media since 2016. so this isnt me concern trolling, or scared for my life. The only stuff I ever put on facebook or twitter when I had it was food pictures or pictures of my cat. Unless the algorithm is going to find something hateful about my fondue.

I don't see a down side if you are going to bang on free speech, again I don't believe in that absolute especially when it comes to private property or hate speech.
    I aint gonna 'bang on' about free speech, that word is so meaningless with the way people throw it that around. it;s more an excuse than what the actual meaning is

Which in general it isn't but as I said you seem to throw up well you're kind of a left or leftist, which is fine, not like anyone is taking that away from you, but then you bang on about something contrary as if A you won't or can't be called out on your shit like anybody else, and B That isn't suspicious when you actively always say it right after you say something contrary and use the well if I don't agree with the left bullshit "I guess I am going to be called a Nazi"

I don't know you, maybe someone said that to you in the past, maybe someone just called out your ideas and you took offense instead of self reflection. I don't know.

But just because someone calls you a name doesn't make it true, just like someone making a claim doesn't either.
    You are 100% right, I have had it done to me in the past (well only on the forums and on social media which I am no longer apart of,. never outside in the real world, people actually know me in the real world, I been called a SJW, a Soyboy, a Libtard and on the other hand I get called a nazi or alt right sympathiser. (being called a nazi is pretty egregious considering)

And to be fair it just annoys me and it does trigger me, because these people never want to talk they judge you for the moment. It's like despite all your other thoughts, this one thing you said automatically makes you this thing, despite all the other things they agreed with. It's frustrating to deal with.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-06-24 at 07:37 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The topic is this one particular effort, where they have actual, verified data they're providing to people. It isn't "opinion" at all. You want to make it about opinion, for some reason.

Calling your motivations into question over that is justified.
    They have verified that all 400'000 profiles are actually racist, to the degree that they deserving losing their jobs?

Since the article doesn't say anything about that, I'd like to see your source.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Basically this. They're more "fascist' than any of the people they're trying to stand up against, but with a scary self-righteousness.

Anyone with sense can see that Antifa is a ticking time bomb of shit. Any of these extremes are fundamentally a bad idea - especially when they're slowly escalating each side to be more and more extreme in their views and actions.

I know I know "bla bla Far Right have currently killed more people", but we can't base the merit of violent extremists just on whose killed the most, as history has shown us that these things are liable to swing pretty quickly.
    They're more fascist than the nazis marching saying jews won't replace us while shooting up synagogues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Computer science professor writes Facebook and Twitter bots that store data about extremists. Uses data to dox them.

Do you approve of Prof. Squire's tactics?
    Of course not. Makes the person just as dumb.-.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They're more fascist than the nazis marching saying jews won't replace us while shooting up synagogues?
    Neither of those things are "fascist"
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Computer science professor writes Facebook and Twitter bots that store data about extremists. Uses data to dox them.

Do you approve of Prof. Squire's tactics?
    If they're not releasing personal information that isn't public already, like their names, I don't see a problem. If these people don't want to be associated publicly with these groups, they should be doing this from anonymous accounts. This isn't doxxing unless they're sharing personal information that isn't easily publicly accessible like their real names on their public social media accounts they used to post this content.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    What malevolent left winger worth their salt wouldn't love a program that targets only white folks.
    Oh look its you, with more random bs garbage.

BTW you still haven't answered that question.

On topic, own your shit, if you are pos only you to blame. Gets you fired or removed from groups for being a pos, try being a pos.

The nazi aren't fascist?
    is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.
    This you say is the "far left anti-fa"?????

the side without the nazi/racist militias plotting to exterminate the "others" is less fascist than the anti-fa people? is that what you're fucking saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Aylaman View Post
    Says everything people need to know about you.
    This statement says far more about you.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Another thing I think is bad about outing extremists is that it can get them on the news, and getting on the news, like NBC's Nightly News can reach like 8 million viewers.

It's free advertising for extremists. Advertising that's worth millions of dollars. This advertising gets them new recruits and money.

I would rather that everyone ignore them. Ignoring extremists has worked against extremist groups in the past.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Ah, yes. I knew this day would come. Antifa's secret weapon. The one thing I can't do anything about. The one thing that I'm powerless against. The silver bullet. The nuclear option.

My own blatantly racist social media posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Oh look its you, with more random bs garbage.

BTW you still haven't answered that question.

On topic, own your shit, if you are pos only you to blame. Gets you fired or removed from groups for being a pos, try being a pos.
    What's bullshit about expressing views that malevolent left wingers like this sort racial social policing? well i'm sure you think the malevolent left is much wiser and adept in the goal of removing those they have deemed inhuman.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Another thing I think is bad about outing extremists is that it can get them on the news, and getting on the news, like NBC's Nightly News can reach like 8 million viewers.

It's free advertising for extremists. Advertising that's worth millions of dollars. This advertising gets them new recruits and money.

I would rather that everyone ignore them. Ignoring extremists has worked against extremist groups in the past.
    Can you name a few examples?

What's bullshit about expressing views that malevolent left wingers like this sort racial social policing? well i'm sure you think the malevolent left is much wiser and adept in the goal of removing those they have deemed inhuman.
    If your actions would bring embarrassment, loss of employment, ect. Its totally the "malevolent left"'s fault for pointing out said actions. again if your actions mark you as a POS, then maybe don't be a POS.

If your actions would bring embarrassment, loss of employment, ect. Its totally the "malevolent left"'s fault for pointing out said actions. again if your actions mark you as a POS, then maybe don't be a POS.
    That would require right wing racist to have a sense of responsibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    They have verified that all 400'000 profiles are actually racist, to the degree that they deserving losing their jobs?

Since the article doesn't say anything about that, I'd like to see your source.
    The article. Which does say that;

Whack-a-Mole, her creation, is a set of programs that monitors some 400,000 accounts of white nationalists on Facebook and other websites and feeds that information into a centralized database.

Most of the Whack-a-Mole profiles contain only basic biographical sketches. For more than 1,500 high-profile individuals, however, Squire fills out their entries with information gleaned from sources like the SPLC, informers, and leaks. According to Keegan Hankes, a senior analyst at the SPLC, Squire’s database “allows us to cast a much, much wider net. We’re now able to take a much higher-level look at individuals and groups.”

Squire’s database has proven so useful that the SPLC has begun laying the groundwork for it to feed directly into its servers.

As for whether said data is enough to warrant firing; that's up to the employer in question, and always has been. So of course that's not supported in the article; it's a ridiculous thing to ask for the evidence for, and nobody but that employer likely has the full set of information that informed whatever choice they made.

If you thought 400,000 people got fired, you didn't read the article to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing "racial" about this.

But keep pushing your "malevolent left" nonsense. It's so fetch.

Oh you will have you vergnance, have no fear, the malevolent left in in control. you will get to rip these sinners from their horse and cast them into the mud, to trample on them and mock them and laugh at their cries. And then you can tell them don't be pieces of shit. I'm sure that will teach them and their children and their children's children the message of obedience.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of them are explicitly ideology of fascism and historically visible. ‘Blood and soil’ and ‘Jews will not replace us’ have been chanted before... guess by whom...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing "racial" about this.

But keep pushing your "malevolent left" nonsense. It's so fetch.
    its not nonsense when folks see it enacted daily. when its what folks feel is happening. So hold your head high and proud as you take it to these sinners. After all they been judged and deemed worthless.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Strongly disagree, but I doubt we'll change each others minds on that. I do think you at least see some of what goes on in popular social media like Twitter, so I'm not convinced you believe that.

Agreed, if they're actually who the people on the internet say they are. The problem is who is actually a terrible racist, who defines that? If you're outed on the internet as a vile racist, do you think everyone does their own research to fact check that, or does tribalism kick in and people just react? I think the latter.

I guess that's okey because it's all just opinions and it's all legal so that makes it okey.
    Makes you wonder who really does it just to be edgy and who legitimately is. I'm sure some of the cry bully leftists on here think I'm a racist, though admittedly I consider myself right of centre with some left leaning social stances as well, so I'm not full on alt right Conservitard