Thread: LFR's COS`

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i have ```
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

2/,5h for 4 trys is SM, as in respect of my lifetime i just couldnt. never got above 2 stacks, aka 3 tries including a briefing.
    better luck next time or maybe Normal as PUGS tend to be more selective, explanative and "sophisticated" than LFR?
    sometimes the stars just dont align, i ve seen 2k+ rio missing a +10 timer painfully, "famed" raiders failing on Normal mechanics.

but its a concerning question as such a "raid experience" is likely to demotivate, should LFR be (full) tourist mode?

idk, as until the next xpac (boost cap raise) rookies at least have minor class experience (open world plot and dungeons), so LFR is a logical increase in difficulty and introduction into raidplay. maybe some r just overwhelmed by the visual "clutter" of 25 toons, the alerts and their rotations, but thats learning curve?
    but again, i wouldnt want to maso 2,5h for 4 tries as rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm ... just join a normal pug group? It `s faster than lfr and super easy on normal. normal CoS was pugable from day 1.
    When your argument is you want to play when you have time - and you dont have a lot of it - joining a normal pug would be the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    It's incredible when LFR players don't do normal/heroic raids and spend way more time on those failed attempts more time than their higher alternative.
    True, but i can spend that time whenever i can and i don't have to let down 10+ people if i have to leave suddenly. I don't want to tell my kid at Sunday 7pm that leave me alone, daddy has raid time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully complete LFR's COS? I have tried for a few days now to do it and it seems to be a wipefest. I've given up after 4 stacks. It just seems damn near impossible to do it.
    LFR is always hit and miss. you can get really good groups that one shot everything and then you get horrible groups - like ones that wipe on lfr Archimonde in HFC 3-4 weeks before the end of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Because there is no reason to do LFR, and if it's going to stay as is they should just nix it from the game. The gear is worthless compared to WQ stuff and there isn't legion legos to keep people doing them. End result is people do them the week they open get achiev and bounce, people that already do normal or higher have no reason to do them at all.

They really need to just merge normal and LFR into 1 difficulty. Allow it to be both queable(by wing) and done as a pre made and call it a day. As it is current LFR is bloat and a waste of game space, nobody cares about it anymore and it only stayed on life support in legion thanks to legiondaries.
    Completely agree, personally i'm of the opinion that adding difficulties back in wotlk probably was a mistake.

Unfortunately a bulk of LFR players don't know mechanics, nor do they want to learn. They want to stand still, DPS, and collect loot.

That said, since Uu'nat can't be burned down and you must do the mechanics, you have to be lucky enough to have a few players capable and willing to use the crown to kill the adds correctly.

Sadly though, when you have a large number of bads who unknowingly (or knowingly, aka trolls) fail at the fight, the "capable few" will just get frustrated and leave.

And for those of you who say "maybe you should teach people the mechanics"... Some of us have done that many times, and are tired of explaining it for the umpteenth time, especially at the end of a patch cycle. If they haven't learned it by now, they never will.

Ppl giving up after 4 stacks like you is the reason is hard to complete. This is how LFR should be. This is how it was in Pandaria, easy but you still needed to do mechanics. Blizzard fuck it up in WoD but at least the gear was shitty. LFR shouldnt be an afk fest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    i have ```
    Thanks for pointing out how I missed seeing the ` in my title before hitting submit. Love how much your post brings to the table....

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    Ppl giving up after 4 stacks like you is the reason is hard to complete. This is how LFR should be. This is how it was in Pandaria, easy but you still needed to do mechanics. Blizzard fuck it up in WoD but at least the gear was shitty. LFR shouldnt be an afk fest.
    It wasn't that I gave up after 4 stacks. The number of stacks isn't the problem since I've reached the 10 stack limit on other raids before. I left because I had already been in there 2 1/2 hours and we hadn't even killed the first boss.

First boss needed a couple tries because of the bubble.

But second boss i did solo the aoe item, told everyone not to pick up any other item and tada one-shot. Really easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been able to successfully complete LFR's COS? I have tried for a few days now to do it and it seems to be a wipefest. I've given up after 4 stacks. It just seems damn near impossible to do it.
    It's random. I tried last Wed and got to 7 stacks on Restless Cabal then bailed. Thursday we one shot both bosses. The main difference on Cabal was that someone called out when to switch (DBM seems flaky) and people got into the bubble when they needed to. Uunat... isn't hard on LFR. Long? Yes. Boring? Yep. Hard? No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    It's incredible when LFR players don't do normal/heroic raids and spend way more time on those failed attempts more time than their higher alternative.
    Because so many normal PUGs ask for gear level that no one who just dicks around solo and in LFR/M0-4 will have. People like that (I am one ) will have 370-385ish gear. If PUGs ask for 400 or something... OP wouldn't get in one.

The other nice thing about LFR in a longer raid is you can just knock out a wing of 3 bosses, then go do something else vs being committed for the full raid.

Thanks for pointing out how I missed seeing the ` in my title before hitting submit. Love how much your post brings to the table....

It wasn't that I gave up after 4 stacks. The number of stacks isn't the problem since I've reached the 10 stack limit on other raids before. I left because I had already been in there 2 1/2 hours and we hadn't even killed the first boss.
    i just use ` ` for the post character limit, i just said i completed it.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Done it for the first time today, was no issue. First boss has nothing that is remotely dangerous and on the second boss you just need your healers not to be completely terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Yep, first time in a long time I felt like I needed to pay attention properly in order to win. Felt like a fresh air when it comes to queued content.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you never experienced WoD LFR Archimonde and the 10 stack minimum for LFR groups the first months it was released lol

I feel like just using LFG and doing normal is easier than LFR, you can also do it on your own schedule.

Not 100% though as I very very rarely do LFR

Edit: Maybe i'm clueless, seems I do it far less than I thought