Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    its impossible that theres less than 3-4M subs, much less 1M
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Note that the most recent estimate there was 6 months ago at 2 million. It's not hard to believe given how this expansion's been going.

The issue with this fake is that he puts far too many negatives, I don't even see a positive in there. If you want a convincing fake, make some things appealing and obvious additions to the game, that's how you hook people in. In conclusion, I give this a 3/10, he did write a huge summary.

BfA might see a trending uptick for 8.2 'fixing' an otherwise boring expansion, but sub 2 million doesn't seem impossible.

Yeah it reads like angry fan mail, but I mean if dude lost his job and this is all water cooler talk, it doesn't seem that far out there, exaggerated sure, impossible? No.

Getting fired does not stop the NDA they all sign upon joining, it's like any work contract where somewhere in those pages there is an article that states one cannot compete or disclose (without approval) any intellectual properties that the company owns during their stay and up to a year or two ( usually) after termination ( quitting/fired).

So you see it's not even a question, random fake post.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The issue with this fake is that he puts far too many negatives, I don't even see a positive in there. If you want a convincing fake, make some things appealing and obvious additions to the game, that's how you hook people in. In conclusion, I give this a 3/10, he did write a huge summary.
    Yeah I hear people that are recently out of work, given the option to take a steep pay cut or walk, or laid off are the pinnacle of positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Getting fired does not stop the NDA they all sign upon joining, it's like any work contract where somewhere in those pages there is an article that states one cannot compete or disclose (without approval) any intellectual properties that the company owns during their stay and up to a year or two ( usually) after termination ( quitting/fired).

So you see it's not even a question, random fake post.
    I mean, it's not like he posted it on facebook, now is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    yeah you got to be retarded if you would make diablo 4 a FPS shooter like destiny/ anthem... dont get me wrong those games are OK and fun for some part.. but people want a LOOT grinder like diablo that was the reason for the Immortal QQ .

so this alone should be enough proof to show its fake .
    Not saying I don't disagree with you about that D4 route, however, has anyone ever heard of Hellgate? Created by the former employees of Blizzard back in the what was it 2006? I believe? I played that game, even through the transition it made with Hellgate: Global. It took the best aspects of Diablo as a game, and put it into a 3rd person perspective hack and slash. The game WAS immensely fun, until they shut the servers down because, they just couldn't afford to keep it running. That and there was immense backlash over the changes that T3FUN did when the transition occurred.

Something like THAT can work for Diablo 4, but not a FPS style type, then it would just be like Dark Souls imho

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Yeah I hear people that are recently out of work, given the option to take a steep pay cut or walk, or laid off are the pinnacle of positivity.

I mean, it's not like he posted it on facebook, now is it?

It doesn't matter. He literally lists worst case scenarios for everything. He's not a ex dev, it's pretty obvious. Basically an angry yelp review by a troll. It doesn't matter if he's butthurt, it matters what he lists and none of it is a positive for the games, it has nothing to do with his positivity.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post

https://i.redd.it/b0j1aag43j821.jpg[/IMG]

Note that the most recent estimate there was 6 months ago at 2 million. It's not hard to believe given how this expansion's been going.
    If you follow your own graph the trend would say we're at probably somewhere around 3 million right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Most entertaining read this month. Thank you.

The post is basically every 4channers wet dream, so of course it's fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you follow your own graph the trend would say we're at probably somewhere around 3 million right now.
    What are you talking about? The most recent 5 estimated data points show a steep downward trend. If you follow the graph, we should be significantly lower than 2 million, although the effect of Classic being tied to subs is unaccounted for.

I don't know much about google trends, what sort of algorithmic data does it go off of?
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

hmm. sounds legit. (in this post no sarcasm was involved. sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't know much about google trends, what sort of algorithmic data does it go off of?
    The explanation is buried in the reddit post somewhere, but google trends provides the relative popularity of search terms over time. The person who made this model used the official statistics Blizzard released, and found search terms that tracked very well with the actual subscriber counts (things like "shadow priest", "wow fastest leveling", etc.). They then trained their model to find a good combination of terms and used that to forecast WoW's subscriber numbers once Blizzard stopped releasing them officially.

10+ Year Old Account
    The explanation is buried in the reddit post somewhere, but google trends provides the relative popularity of search terms over time. The person who made this model used the official statistics Blizzard released, and found search terms that tracked very well with the actual subscriber counts (things like "shadow priest", "wow fastest leveling", etc.). They then trained their model to find a good combination of terms and used that to forecast WoW's subscriber numbers once Blizzard stopped releasing them officially.
    What's concerning is that the google trend tracking is going way out of whack with the trend line. Whereas, interestingly enough, prior to Blizz stopping reporting numbers it tracked almost equal.

Makes me wonder if this data is still accurate.

Someone that went through the shit employment treatment would be likely to focus a bt more on how the employees are treated and a tiny bit less on how disappointed they are with the game directions
    Also, fps diablo as a response to the immortal outrage? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    *Sniff Sniff* What's that Smell.
    Manflesh?

This could be ever so slightly believable if it didn't reek of degenerate basement dweller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Someone that went through the shit employment treatment would be likely to focus a bt more on how the employees are treated and a tiny bit less on how disappointed they are with the game directions
    Also, fps diablo as a response to the immortal outrage? Lol
    What went through this "leaker's" head: "What the fuck is Diablo? Oh it's a game about demons. I saw DOOM at E3. It's a Demon FPS."

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    Not saying I don't disagree with you about that D4 route, however, has anyone ever heard of Hellgate? Created by the former employees of Blizzard back in the what was it 2006? I believe? I played that game, even through the transition it made with Hellgate: Global. It took the best aspects of Diablo as a game, and put it into a 3rd person perspective hack and slash. The game WAS immensely fun, until they shut the servers down because, they just couldn't afford to keep it running. That and there was immense backlash over the changes that T3FUN did when the transition occurred.

Something like THAT can work for Diablo 4, but not a FPS style type, then it would just be like Dark Souls imho
    Played it (Hellgate:London) and enjoyed immensely (bankrupt comes to mind here) however, Borderlands wasn't out yet (muchless the term looter shooter wasnt even a buzz word yet) so when gearbox announced it, they took that formula, tweaked, twisted and blew it out of the water. Not even sure the market can take just one more looter, mmo, shooter, whatever.

Even if it is all true, nothing all that new in there that I hadn't read about already or thought of myself. He would have us think that Blizzard is on the brink of annihilating their entire catalog with poor management and greed, which I find hard to believe.