Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    When flying arrives my guild and I always unsub. Thankfully classic is close.

Quote Originally Posted by bjorling View Post
    When flying arrives me and a bunch of my mates always resub - adios amigo! I'll see you on classic servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol right. So you and your guildies all get together and say "oh hey mates, flying is out soon, are your subs all cancelled?". What then, next expansion you say "oi, old buddies, let's resub until flying is released again!".

Please. You're not fooling us with that nonsense. What you mean to say is you always unsub. Others in your guild? Perhaps. But don't tell us you all collectively unsub like you're all one being or some kind of hive mind. That's just ridiculous.

Is your guild message of the day "Flying soon! Time to disband the guild. See you next expansion!"? Laughable...
    Last edited by Will; 2019-06-25 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It's been this way for 3 expansions - this system is fine. Get used to it

- - - Updated - - -

Posts like this is why nobody likes Classic posters, the boomers of the WoW community.

No, you find this system fine. I don’t, I find it ridiculous. They say they want us to experience the expansion on foot first, which I completely agree with, but then won’t let you get flying for months and months after having finished everything on foot, multiple times. They lie. I quit because of the lack of flying, and it took so long, I won’t be returning either.

delete pathfinder 2 in the next xpac!

I too think that 10 months is a stupidly long time to wait.

Personally, It's not so much about my main character for me. But I refuse to level alts w/o flying. I did all the needlessly restrictive ground crap once already. Not going to go through the zones again on alts w/o the ability to speed things up. I've got a few 110s I'll finally be able to start progressing now.

But what I don't get is why not let Pathfinder 1 give flying in what's available so far, and then Pathfinder 2 give flying in the new 8.2 content?

Oh yes, Blizzard's primary focus of making the game as inconvenient as possible for players.

Quote Originally Posted by stockishgsr View Post
    Finally, my Champion of Azeroth, who has fought countless battles against many enemies can now defeat the worst enemy of them all, useless gating! I guess if I ever RP I can just have my Druid suffer from memory loss so he always forgets conveniently on a planet they have flown on before for years now knows how to flap his little owl wings.
    What's killing me is that they don't even bother finding a RP explanation to disable flying. Could be due to flying enemies, toxic atmosphere, ballistas stunning your mounts, literally whatever, but no, you just can't because, well, you can't. Okay I guess ?

At this point MoP's "pathfinder" was the one which made more sense. Reach max level, buy flying, gg wp

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebottom View Post
    The whole situation sucks anyways. Flying at max level needs to come back or they just need to ditch pt2. They need to stop dictating how people play/enjoy their game.
    Indeed, I agree. I just clarified what has been the tendency from Blizzard since WoD... In MoP we just had to buy a spell (https://www.wowhead.com/spell=115913...the-four-winds), and getting enough rep with Golden Lotus just reduced the price. Those were the shiny times of how rep/factions should work.

It makes no sense. Blizzard forced players to walk the same old zones backwards and forwards for almost a year. But now they release a new major location and Ion Hazzikostas tell us "flying in few weeks". You know Ion how much failure are you, most people don't even want to resub for 8.2 epic adventure because of it. Why bother to resub when flying in few weeks? This adventure is too short to even consider return to WoW.

I understand that a casual player should enjoy flying in new zone before classic release. wowclassiccountdown com Why not give us 5 weeks to explore 8.2 zone without flying, 3 week to "enjoy" flying, looks like good timing to me.

Also Vanilla has worst fun per time spent value.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Lol right. So you and your guildies all get together and say "oh hey mates, flying is out soon, are your subs all cancelled?". What then, next expansion you say "oi, old buddies, let's resub until flying is released again!".

Please. You're not fooling us with that nonsense. What you mean to say is you always unsub. Others in your guild? Perhaps. But don't tell us you all collectively unsub like you're all one being or some kind of hive mind. That's just ridiculous.

Is your guild message of the day "Flying soon! Time to disband the guild. See you next expansion!"? Laughable...
    We are 6 mates who has played together since vanilla. We have our own guild as we do not raid and do not have time to play hardcore anymore. The last 3 expansions we have all unsubbed when flying has arrived, this one included. The game is just not fun for us when flying is around.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

We are 6 mates who has played together since vanilla. We have our own guild as we do not raid or have time to play hardcore anymore. When we play we explore the world, attack a horde city, quest together or join a bg. Flying ruin the fun for us. Maybe we are nostalgic, but we fell that the game changes when flying is around.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieSmile View Post
    It makes no sense. Blizzard forced players to walk the same old zones backwards and forwards for almost a year. But now they release a new major location and Ion Hazzikostas tell us "flying in few weeks". You know Ion how much failure are you, most people don't even want to resub for 8.2 epic adventure because of it. Why bother to resub when flying in few weeks? This adventure is too short to even consider return to WoW.

I understand that a casual player should enjoy flying in new zone before classic release. wowclassiccountdown com Why not give us 5 weeks to explore 8.2 zone without flying, 3 week to "enjoy" flying, looks like good timing to me.

Also Vanilla has worst fun per time spent value.
    Fun is subjective. And for my mates and myself flying is not fun.

Flying in ArcheAge is fun.
    Flying implementation in WoW is some kind of QoL solution for old or boring, repetitive content or chores with alts, or workaround for maps with awful design. But it never fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Too little, too late.
    Not at all - it’s right on time with a x.2 patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinder has always been stupid. Flying wasn't a problem until blizzard made it one. Hit max level and you get flying, what was wrong with that? If they really wanted this dumb shit called pathfinder then it should have just been you get loremaster in all the starting zones.