Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay dupti, I hadn’t even realized it was modified majority, I literally stated in my post I was going to switch to Lora at a later time (if not that one a later post a tiny bit after that one) I literally placed a vote from D1 which from me is 95% random unless something occurs. As I stated Lora was L-2 when I posted and I didn’t want to push him to L-1 when discussions were still going on. If you believe me to be scum purely due to that then fine but you are sorely mistaken.

I’m headed to sleep so maybe have a chance to check thread when I wake up unless I get called into work early.

I have no idea if you are scum.

I questioned why you voted on Lora over Nef because you did not provide a reason for your vote nor did you comment on Lora.
    You then said your vote was completely random and you did not vote on Lora because he was at L-2. Given that Nef was the only alternative the I am not entirely sure I believe that it was random but it is possible you are telling the truth yes, but I can't help but think of the previous game.
    As for not voting on Lora because he was at L-2; once again it is certainly a possibility you are telling the truth, but it just bothers me that you did not mention this when you put out the vote.

I am not saying you are scum for not voting on Lora, I am saying I find you questionable for not explaining your vote at that time and claiming you randomly voted on Nef who happened to be the only alternative at that time. Surely you can understand why I might think it is a bit weird

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    But what do you mean by it? My push on you? My defense of Lora? What?
    I was mostly questioning the timing and decision. Marack's vote was his usual traditional vote. Danner voted on me as a joke. Then you came along and voted too, making me a stronger wagon. It felt odd to me at the time. As explained, it's a gut feel. Nothing concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham II View Post
    I was mostly questioning the timing and decision. Marack's vote was his usual traditional vote. Danner voted on me as a joke. Then you came along and voted too, making me a stronger wagon. It felt odd to me at the time. As explained, it's a gut feel. Nothing concrete.
    Elaborate please. Why are you questioning the timing and decision? As in what is questionable about the timing or the decision (omgus aside please)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Elaborate please. Why are you questioning the timing and decision? As in what is questionable about the timing or the decision (omgus aside please)
    I don't know. As I said, it's a gut feel. It just felt off to me. I don't know why. It just does, so I pointed it out.

The reads were requested.

#1: Dupti and Crackle are certainly not scumbuddies.

Too much disagreement between them this game for that to be fakeable.
    Does that mean either or both are town? Uncertain. I think they are fighting for genuine reasons of disagreement, but I do not think that itself is alignment indicative.
    I also find myself thinking "ugh, this is a side track guys" when reading it.

Dupti I always read as town, regardless of what he really is. Crackleslap early had me on the "taunting scum" side, but he more or less won me over by the end of D1, mostly for his read of Val and vote on Lora.

I like to believe that both are town, but my night action was unable to verify it.

#2: Val is almost certainly town
    I have a strong town read on Val. Particularly for his interactions with me on D1. I'll leave it at that.

Graeham is trying. That is town indicative
    I am not sure I agree with much of what he says - some for sure, like the fact that my D1 vote was a joke vote. But I like to give him a minor town pass as well.

Not sure where to place Clarinet.
    Highly suspicious of me, and for rather good reasons. Uncertain, but not absconding. I like that. The vote on Danner on end of D2 after Lora's claim doesn't feel right though.

[b]Marack gets a pass[b]
    I don't particularly approve of the questioning of Lora's faction name, too meta for my liking. But it was effective.

Nefarious tea is neutral
    I can't make tails or heads of him for now.

[b]Listo don't get a pass[b]
    Convenient vote on non-Lora at D1. I could vote Listo at this point. In fact, let's.

--

vote: listo
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I don't know. It just didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what's more concerning - the '??????????????????' or the that there's not much discussion surrounding it.

I only recall it being present in a few of the games I participated in and that was quite a while back. I just remember it being tied to something nasty?
    I commented on it but got ignored
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    @listo95 whats your read on Danner? (aside from the vote on you)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what's more concerning - the '??????????????????' or the that there's not much discussion surrounding it.

I only recall it being present in a few of the games I participated in and that was quite a while back. I just remember it being tied to something nasty?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    The only role that i know that eats role cards are cannibal SKs at least from my experience on this site. Which are frustrating too play with. But cannibal SKs also eat alignments as well.
    My concern with the ???? in the rolecard would be the presence of the Nightking. If the kill was done by him, the potential to bring back the dead as a member of his faction. Would likely be SK in this situation or some strong zombie cult. Likely has minimal uses of raising the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I commented on it but got ignored
    I saw it, and wanted to see what overs thought. At least attention is being brought back to it.

Also I can confirm that “Wolves of Winterfell” is meaningless in terms of characters. I’m not that alignment yet My character is very much allied with with Starks.

I ought to point out that in more fantasy themed mafia the scum are sometimes “werewolves” so this might be where Mercy drew inspiration from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the inactivity lately. Been busy busy planning my overseas trip. (Going too USA at the end of October for a month! ) Among other commitments.

That said I find Graehams #223 and #225 oddly deflecting. Seems to be throwing away an idea he had because it didn't work out. Though gutreads a gutread. Might be looking into it too much.
    @Marack I want too know your opinion about duptis actions towards Lora end of day one. And whilst we're at it Nefarious Tea as well.

I had a thought about dupti last night but I'll wait too share because I want your opinions first.

@Crackleslap good luck with the planning... just don’t forget to scumhunt here too

Also I can confirm that “Wolves of Winterfell” is meaningless in terms of characters. I’m not that alignment yet My character is very much allied with with Starks.

I ought to point out that in more fantasy themed mafia the scum are sometimes “werewolves” so this might be where Mercy drew inspiration from.
    I did consider the werewolf angle as well. Should have voiced it, now you get all the glory :P

Also: thanks for the admission. I was going slightly mad seeing how everyone else painted the starks as scum - I know that isn't the case per my rolecard. You get a town point in my book!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    @Marack I want too know your opinion about duptis actions towards Lora end of day one. And whilst we're at it Nefarious Tea as well.
    At first glance, I didnt see anything wrong with dupti's play at the end of day with Lora. He. Like I did, unvoted from his previous target to ensure ModMaj lynch went off. I cant really blame him. I didnt have a scum read on Lora myself (didnt have a town read either), but the lack of answers and overall deflective state of Lora's play made me OK if that was the lynch that went through.

As for Nef... being the 1st vote
    Lora (6): Nef(#65), Val(#133), Crackle(#146), Lora(#150), Graeham(#176), Kryllian(#187)
    That really doesnt bring a lot of town weight in my eyes. At least against a Lora vote. Lora gets heat often on D1 from their overall slow start to play and typical d1 cop claim. The half assed questioning/comments in Lora's direction could be seen as throwing some shade and trying to distance. It doesnt feel genuine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    At first glance, I didnt see anything wrong with dupti's play at the end of day with Lora. He. Like I did, unvoted from his previous target to ensure ModMaj lynch went off. I cant really blame him. I didnt have a scum read on Lora myself (didnt have a town read either), but the lack of answers and overall deflective state of Lora's play made me OK if that was the lynch that went through.

As for Nef... being the 1st vote

That really doesnt bring a lot of town weight in my eyes. At least against a Lora vote. Lora gets heat often on D1 from their overall slow start to play and typical d1 cop claim. The half assed questioning/comments in Lora's direction could be seen as throwing some shade and trying to distance. It doesnt feel genuine.
    Hmm. I like your response. At first thought I thought Dupti was being a little weird and I was sceptical of him at the end of the day. But as Danner mentioned before dupti wouldn't be that careless in defending a teammate like that. So I don't think that's hurting my read on him at all. After some thoughts last night I am more convinced he's town yet again.

As for Nefarious Tea, I do think he might be Town because I ddn't think he was aligned with Lora. But the thought that he could be scum still nibbles at the heels. His placement of his votecould be distancing. Whilst I think this is less likely to the case I'm not ready too rule that out.

It's 230am right now so I'm gonna go to bed soon. I'll probably do my big read list when I wake up.

Mid-day vote count:

Dupti (1): Clarinet(#198)
    Listo (1): Danner(#226)

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to majority lynch

10+ Year Old Account
    @Marack On Danner I'd like to give a read of Danner being town for giving info freely from their role card, but I'm also just like "Why give out this info willingly if its kinda useless as of now?" I'll still keep Danner town leaning as of now but beyond that I don't have much more of a read on them.

@Marack Were I scum, do you really think I would have kept my vote on a scumbuddy to the point of bussing them into getting lynched day 1 when town is at full strength and no one is really suspicious?

When I said I was voting on Lora because I was sick of the Internet-troll level of post quality, even AFTER discounting the ritual D1 cop claim, I was serious.

Crackle, these are my townreads at the moment and I am very confident in them.

Nef: I sincerely do not believe Nef as scum would be the first vote on his partner day 1. This might be kind of a character read, but I feel very strong about it. I don't think Nef would bus his partner like that day 1. I really do not. I also do not believe he would make the Lannisters comment if he was with Lora (based on Lora's role).

Val: I did find it rather odd how he decided to go against his "no lynch day 1" for a rather weak reasoning in my opinion. I don't think Lora was obnoxious or did anything unusual, so it did bother me how Val suddenly decided to vote. However with that said they voted on each other and attempted push on each other - I just cant see why they would ever do that as partners day 1 as all it would really result in was one of them being lynched. (I think there is a very small possibility that they were partners and Val then got frustrated that Lora bussed him because of the whole no lynch thing but I think it is very unlikely)

Crackle: Here is my issue as I pointed out day 1 as well: Crackle should not have a scumread on Lora as Lora hadn't done anything alignment indicative. He has voted on Val multiple times in a row for the no lynch. Crackle really should not have that read, which was why I thought it was either a forced read on what he thought town might find suspicious or he was distancing from a partner.
    However given that he did end up voting etc I honestly think that if they were partners, then what Crackle did is a shitty thing to do and a really selfish one. Opting to lynch your partner day 1 even though he definitely did not need to just for town credit is pretty shitty in my opinion. I really want to believe Crackle would not do that, so I believe he is town.

Marack: As I have pointed earlier, he did the same thing as me yesterday; unvoted to help secure a lynch on Lora. There is simply no reason for him not to get at least some town credit if they are buddies. I understand some might argue it's WIFOM and so on, but if Marack was scum I really think he would have realised it would have been easier to simply vote on him at that time. I can't see a scumbuddy ever thinking it would be wiser to just unvote.
    Another reason I believe he is town is (as Danner pointed out as well) because of his interactions with Lora after Lora claimed - Marack seemed to be well aware that the faction Lora claimed was likely to be scum, which would seem to indicate that Marack had another faction. I also think the whole push (which I think is very meta and not a fan of it to be honest) makes them very unlikely to be together.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadnt even realised Clarinet voted on me
    Last edited by dupti; 2019-06-25 at 04:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Marack Were I scum, do you really think I would have kept my vote on a scumbuddy to the point of bussing them into getting lynched day 1 when town is at full strength and no one is really suspicious?

When I said I was voting on Lora because I was sick of the Internet-troll level of post quality, even AFTER discounting the ritual D1 cop claim, I was serious.
    You could still be scum and not like this play. While I see your argument, I dont necessarily see you as town. More in the neutral bucket.

@Crackleslap so I am leaning towards there being 2 scum in Clarinet, Danner, Graeham and listo.

And as for some weaker reads;
    I believe Danner and listo are less likely to be buddies seeing as Danner is pushing on him now and listo questioned Danner's soft claim stuff. Obviously they could be buddies but I think it is less likely.

I also think Clarinet and Graeham are less likely to be buddies, mainly based on Clarinet's questions to Graeham and the fact that Clarinet said this "also Graeham is adorable this game, but feels so insincere throughout his posts...hmmm....."
    It's insanely weak especially given we have only played 1 game with Clarinet, but it didn't feel like mafia talking about his buddy.

Obviously I could be wrong on these. I am however currently inclined to believe there is 1 between Danner and listo and 1 between Clarinet and Graeham.