Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hence why i only buy game time near a content patch or expansion launch. Also, comparing online functionality and "free" games across an entire console platform with a sub fee for a single old game? Apples to oranges, no?
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-06-25 at 05:59 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    He pays to skip these kinds of hassles and probably brags to someone outside of the guild with how good he is. I never asked why especially considering he does everything else..
    It's weird how game content is called "hassles" these days. Why even bother playing the game if you make it into some sort of paying simulator
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    It pretty much is P2W, and the game hasn't been good for a few expansions now..
    How so? The only thing that you might benefit from by spending real money is being able to afford a 5 million gold mount with an auction house on it or some shit. It doesn't affect progression and I can have pretty much the same experience never spending real money. In fact, you can play the game without paying for the monthly subscription by making enough gold to earn tokens if you really think it's worth the time investment, or if you already play that much regardless.

I don't get your point. Does Xbox Game Pass include WoW in it? If not then they are clearly different products aimed at different players.

It's because they have professionals who actually do research (and don't just go "damn xbox is cheaper, I guess we have to go cheaper too), and this is the price they end up with.

Way to go to compare dead company struggling to earn just a little money to cover at least some expenses spent on this tier Xbox with Blizzard who is doing just fine with their 15yo game with no competitors or analogues in the world.
    If you ask me they better make awesome exclusives over trying to cut the prices down if they are serious with this business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i played back then, but this game is 15 years old and i can not see why i should pay 15 dollar for a game that is allready developed and for which development i allready payed

While they are not comparable at face value...the OP's point does stand that you get more value with the Xbox subscription compared to the WOW one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    While they are not comparable at face value...the OP's point does stand that you get more value with the Xbox subscription compared to the WOW one.
    Only if you like the games. The thing about "value" to the customer is that it's the customer who decides what is and isn't a value and what is and what isn't worth anything. If someone is playing WoW 40 hours a month and the Xbox games 10 hours a month then WoW is arguably a better "value" to that person.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The XBox pass is providing access to a library of static games. No one is working on them, they just exist now. WoW is a dynamic game with dozens of people working on it every day, and potentially even more providing support and other secondary needs.

The pass is actually a money grab. Instead of relying on one-time purchases, Microsoft is now getting a steady flow of money from much more people that wouldn’t have bought the individual games. Meanwhile, the $15 WoW gets is actually not enough as the economy changes, which causes Blizzard to look at other ways to make more and keep subs.
    That's actually not true at all. I'm not sure who told you that or where you got your info from but you're wrong. There are a lot of games on the game pass that are constantly updated. WoW is way over priced in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Only if you like the games. The thing about "value" to the customer is that it's the customer who decides what is and isn't a value and what is and what isn't worth anything. If someone is playing WoW 40 hours a month and the Xbox games 10 hours a month then WoW is arguably a better "value" to that person.
    Yes, but why would you be paying a subscription for games you don't like playing?

(That question is rhetorical for WOW players who still login each week despite not getting enjoyment from the game.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Yes, but why would you be paying a subscription for games you don't like playing?
    They shouldn't but that's their decision and none of my business. I don't think it's really all that rhetorical. Blizzard makes it really easy to subscribe, unsubscribe and come back whenever you want. The smart way to play is to subscribe for the new expansion and major patches and then spend a month doing the stuff you want to do and unsubscribe. I'm pretty sure that there are people that do that and Blizzard knows exactly who they are. Other approaches include doing tokens which is no money out of pocket for the player at all. If the game is attractive enough for that then they play for free.

Once you split out your customer's buying patterns then you can forecast based on that and budget accordingly. Of course developers will try and craft a game that people will want to stay around for but they are as aware as anyone here that the game is old and that players are going to come and go. That's one reason why they make it so simple to do so.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's actually not true at all. I'm not sure who told you that or where you got your info from but you're wrong. There are a lot of games on the game pass that are constantly updated. WoW is way over priced in comparison.
    Your wrong. You cannot compare a gaming systems subscription service to a games subscription service. A game that has about what 5 million players actively subbed vs a system that has over 64 million active subscribers. Xbox doesnt need to charge 14 or 10 when it dwarfs a single MMOs numbers. They look at their subs and ask how low can we drop this to get the most amount of people on board while still getting a huge profit down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your wrong. You cannot compare a gaming systems subscription service to a games subscription service. A game that has about what 5 million players actively subbed vs a system that has over 64 million active subscribers. Xbox doesnt need to charge 14 or 10 when it dwarfs a single MMOs numbers. They look at their subs and ask how low can we drop this to get the most amount of people on board while still getting a huge profit down the line.
    You can easily compare them, you just don't want to.

At the end of the day, if someone is equally interested in the games that game pass offers and WoW and they are on a budget the Game Pass is most likely going to get their money because the value is better. I've heard so many people over the years say the main reason they don't care about playing WoW is because of the 15$ monthly fee for one game.

Also the Game Pass isn't a gaming systems subscription service, that is Xbox Live Gold. Two different things. The game pass doesn't have 64 million subs.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2019-06-25 at 09:28 AM.

That's actually not true at all. I'm not sure who told you that or where you got your info from but you're wrong. There are a lot of games on the game pass that are constantly updated.
    I'll admit I may be wrong there, but I doubt that the total amount of devs for all games on the pass are anywhere near the amount of people working on or for WoW.

WoW is way over priced in comparison.
    It's been $15 a month for 15 years. If the sub was updated for inflation, it should be $20 by now, so no, it's underpriced. They even recently got rid of the requirement to even purchase WoW (Battlechest), anyone can play up to the last expansion with just the sub.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I'll admit I may be wrong there, but I doubt that the total amount of devs for all games on the pass are anywhere near the amount of people working on or for WoW.

It's been $15 a month for 15 years. If the sub was updated for inflation, it should be $20 by now, so no, it's underpriced.
    I can guarantee you there are more devs working on the games that are on the Games Pass than there are working on WoW. Not to mention all the games coming to the Game Pass.

As for the "inflation argument", that's not how things work. If Blizzard did that they would lose even more subs than WoW already has over the years and the would be completely destroyed by their competition who are offering significantly better values than even 15$ per month for a game.

I can guarantee you there are more devs working on the games that are on the Games Pass than there are working on WoW. Not to mention all the games coming to the Game Pass.

As for the "inflation argument", that's not how things work. If Blizzard did that they would lose even more subs than WoW already has over the years and the would be completely destroyed by their competition who are offering significantly better values than even 15$ per month for a game.
    But do you guys realize that if blizz could make more money on selling 10$ subs, they would? Or do you think they have graduates running their budgets? The price is set by the customer. If we are willing to pay, they be stupid not to charge us for that.
    Also, comparing gaming system sub and one game is not very bright. If wow had 50+ mil subs, server costs would be way higher, but content budget would be so much bigger too. Now we don't know how many subs there are, but it falls on let's say 4mil (random guess) players to pay for content budget.

I didn’t say devs for WoW, I said people. Do you think devs ban players?

$15 is necessary and not overpriced. If you were to take the profit margin out, I highly doubt you would get close to $10, assuming WoW is making a profit at all. That’s even taking into account the store.

You also have to take into account server/internet costs. Blizzard doesn’t host WoW on cheap GoDaddy servers. If you have ever paid for hosting, there’s no way you would ever afford millions of visitors and gigabytes of constant traffic.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2019-06-25 at 11:38 AM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I didn’t say devs for WoW, I said people. Do you think devs ban players?
    You weren't at Blizz forums and the ol Irc when Afrasabi Called Ion an Retard for climing that C'thun was impossible, and Afrasabi almost banning Ion and the Guild for proving that he Was Wrong.

Ironically he's now working at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlockmyhrt View Post
    Just keep running in circles its funny
    So ya got nothing, as suspected.