Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This Essence, known as Conflict and Strife

Does anyone know how we acquire this particular essence? Is it from battleground?

From wowhead:

Obtain from: World PvP.

Rank 1: Earn 500 Conquest and claim a weekly PvP War Chest.
    Rank 2: Reach 1,000 Rating in Rated PvP and claim your next weekly PvP War Chest.
    Rank 3: Collect Burgeoning Battlefield Furor from your weekly PvP War Chest.
    Rank 4: Reach Elite rank and claim your next weekly PvP War Chest.

Obtain when: Season 3.

Thanks, looks like the 1st 3 ranks (power ranks) will be easily obtainable even if PVP isn't your focus.

And 4 is only cosmetic, so its fine if you're after this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Thanks, looks like the 1st 3 ranks (power ranks) will be easily obtainable even if PVP isn't your focus.
    Even 2nd is easy considering you dont lose rating until you hit 1000.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

"Collect Burgeoning Battlefield Furor" Is this a specific rank? I haven't been able to find anything in regards to this. Looks like its just a drop from Weekly chest? Any guide on best way to get them out there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    "Collect Burgeoning Battlefield Furor" Is this a specific rank? I haven't been able to find anything in regards to this. Looks like its just a drop from Weekly chest? Any guide on best way to get them out there
    Thats the name of the item, basically you need 15 of em to create the "true" item to get rank 3. How many you get per week though /shrug.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I don't really get why we are returning to the system of making ranks of abilities drop but ok.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hittion View Post
    I don't really get why we are returning to the system of making ranks of abilities drop but ok.
    Its in a hunt to give value to content. The ranks not only gives power, but also a cosmetic upgrade, so maybe the value is enough for people to hunt.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's progression. Some essences will be simple to get to rank 2 or 3 (the rep ones specifically) while others will take more effort.

My main issue with this is how unfriendly it is for alts. Extremely so.
    Yeah, thats my only complaint.

But im extremely excited for some customization No matter how little it is (in this case is pretty BIG though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh looking through some of the essences and how to obtain them is just going to be another annoyance.

Why couldn't they have made the really shiny essences part of something like the mage tower scenarios and have it work like glyphs or something so after BFA you could still use and enjoy them.

The feedback was people didn't like the HoA nor having to grind azerite.. now we gotta do it again

pssst.. Magni.. you can have your necklace back bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Meh looking through some of the essences and how to obtain them is just going to be another annoyance.

Why couldn't they have made the really shiny essences part of something like the mage tower scenarios and have it work like glyphs or something so after BFA you could still use and enjoy them.

The feedback was people didn't like the HoA nor having to grind azerite.. now we gotta do it again

The feedback was also, people want to have meaningful goals in the game to work for and be rewarded for doing so. This is exactly that. I agree that if you just want to be handed everything on a silver platter then you probably won't enjoy the overhauled system.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its in a hunt to give value to content. The ranks not only gives power, but also a cosmetic upgrade, so maybe the value is enough for people to hunt.
    I suppose but wouldn't doing things like returning to tiers and getting rid of AP and titanforging give real value? This feels like they are just adding more gambling mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The feedback was also, people want to have meaningful goals in the game to work for and be rewarded for doing so. This is exactly that. I agree that if you just want to be handed everything on a silver platter then you probably won't enjoy the overhauled system.
    Meaningful goals should be tied to progression not arbitrary grinds though. The only goal that isn't a time sink or rng in the talent is its final tier of hitting elite and I am told that is only cosmetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose but wouldn't doing things like returning to tiers and getting rid of AP and titanforging give real value? This feels like they are just adding more gambling mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Meaningful goals should be tied to progression not arbitrary grinds though. The only goal that isn't a time sink or rng in the talent is its final tier of hitting elite and I am told that is only cosmetic.
    Yes, yes it would...... But they are apperantly very aimed at trying something new xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Rank 3 should take quite a long time, but yeah 1 and 2 are ez pez, could literally do it within 2 weeks (week 1 rank 1, week 2 rank 2) and that only because you gotta wait for the weekly chest. Otherwise it takes just a couple hours max. Also lol @ at all these people already calling it a massive grind or whatever... as if having to do endgame content (you know the entire purpose of this game) normally to unlock something good is terrible game design.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-06-25 at 12:12 PM.

the alt argument may turn out true. the rest is nonsense, as i was far more emotionally attached to Legion Artefacts as HoA, but never had to grind it to be content-ready. the idea of progressing hard skills by simply playing the game (aka softnerf via time-investment) is great, there is always something to do. if some Masos feel the urge to grind 300 Maw Of Souls/week for minor advantage, thats on their interpretation of fun.

although it took blizzney some months into Legion to realise, as NH mythic after 3. boss was designed for max artefact level (nerfed quick due to outcry).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post

I think the complaint was neck being boring, not the grind, which was ofc a complaint to some people too. I loved grinding my artifact in Legion, I will love this neck/essences grind now too, because it won't be just a "2ilvls". I am quite hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yes, yes it would...... But they are apperantly very aimed at trying something new xD
    The new annoys and disappoints me. I've learned that subverting my expectations is code word for shit. I just want to go back to when things were... well if not good not terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I agree that if you just want to be handed everything on a silver platter then you probably won't enjoy the overhauled system.
    Yeah that's totally what I'm saying..

Because anything you don't understand is people asking to be handed shit. 8/8

I don't know about that.

For example Essence of the Focusing Iris, which is one of my bis essences apparently, according to the guides:

1. Complete a Mythic+ key of Level 4 or higher
    2. Complete a Mythic+ key of Level 7 or higher
    3 .Combine 15 Focused Life Anima Icon Focused Life Anima from your Weekly Mythic+ Cache
    4. Complete Battle for Azeroth Keystone Master: Season Three Icon Battle for Azeroth Keystone Master: Season Three

I mean there are those who will always complain and you can't ever please them. Everything in the game is "time sink" or "rng" in some way. Some things require a bit of skill to add to that too. It's fine.